It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hypernormalisation...A Documentary

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Hey folks,

So I watched the thread namesake last night...it is a 166 minutes long, but well worth persevering.

Adam Curtis - HyperNormalisation We live in a time of great uncertainty and confusion. Events keep happening that seem inexplicable and out of control. Donald Trump, Brexit, the War in Syria, the endless migrant crisis, random bomb attacks. And those who are supposed to be in power are paralysed - they have no idea what to do.

By Adam Curtis, it talks about the roots of suicide bombing, the banks and how they manipulated New York ergo the world (well ish) and how the internet, artists and general opposition have failed to bring change...merely became an extension of the status quo.

Made for the BBC, so fair amount of questionable bias, but to see this in the mainstream British programming is a beginning, the programme begins in 1975 with a tale of two cities New York and Damascus...considered to be foundation points for the here and now.

Interestingly enough, there appears to some controversy surrounding this documentary, if the comments that I've read on Facebook are anything to go by...people seem disbelieving, resistant to it's content, I guess because then they would have to accept the inconvenient truth of today's world.

Anyway, thought I would share and hand over to you guys, apologies if already posted, I did do a search prior to posting which came up empty...hopefully this is something new.

I say new, the documentary is....but the content is pretty much known by all here at ATS I'm sure.

Enjoy

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Nice one!

I saw this film on bbc this evening and thought about clicking but didnt, you've convinced me!

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Biigs

Yeah, I debated posting it on here as it is a long old watch, but it was rewarding.

I never understood why Bush included Syria in his axis of evil, after having watched the film I now know why.

May I recommend the popcorn!

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 07:06 PM
link   

And those who are supposed to be in power are paralyzed - they have no idea what to do.

I disagree with that last part, imo they know exactly what they are doing, just give the impression they don't. To get away with it.

There is an order to their madness, the desired result being a one world order. Their world, not ours.

Thanks for the link.

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

You're welcome, what I took away from the film is essentially democracy is dead..our elected officials are just puppets, although I do believe a fair number enjoy this strings attached approach as it absolves them of any personal responsibility...detaches them, so that they can quite happily say "I'm not really to blame!"

Make no mistake I think there are questionable parts to this documentary as it touches upon 9/11, stating terrorists, yet is precluded by a montage of disaster movies featuring buildings being destroyed prior to 2001...was this Curtis's way of trying to say the attack was false flag?

There were other parts where there is no ambiguity in what the documentary addresses, such a in relation to Gaddaffi.

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: solargeddon
Thanks for the info and post, I'll watch it tonight.

My first thought was Chomsky's Maunfacturing Consent. Wonder if there will be any parallels?

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 08:00 PM
link   
This is one interesting watch, im only half way through atm but i wanted to share this snippit.

"hypernormalisation" - everyone knowing that everything was fake, but they couldnt imagine anything else so went along with it.

Scary.

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I say, old chaps. Is there any way for a lad from across the pond to take a looky loo?

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Okay finally finished *phew that was long*

I love how this documentary lines events up and make alot of sense.

If just 1% of this whole thing is true its still mind blowing i think. The idea that despite how far "we've come" for all our advances the choas is worse than its ever been, that when you express yourself online you only do so to an audience that already thinks like you and that you miss the big picture because of how the internet gives you want you want to see and hear - magic.

Im sorry my american chums, i dont know if this is available (unless this link works) ->

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Russell Brand gave a nice review and synopsis of the film.

It may serve as a good intro or primer to the subject, as Russell excels at breaking down complex political subjects.

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Bookmarked for -soon-I hope. Your description makes it sound so interesting and educational. Good job.
Thank you! S&F

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 10:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Biigs

It works! Thank you.

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Biigs

Im sorry my american chums, i dont know if this is available (unless this link works)

Jolly go show, eh what?
Molto buono

I'll check it out manana.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Thanks for all the feedback, big thanks to those who provided additional links...especially the link which allows US dwellers to partake.

Props to those of you who have responded and are open to viewing, with the current state of affairs around the globe, I believe most people would be best served to watch this and then take another look at current events and I think the programme has something everyone can take away from.

Look forward to hearing more of what you guys think

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: solargeddon

After WWII at Nuremberg Trials the Nazis said the same things, It wasn't my fault , I was doing my job, I was afraid, just a cog in the machine...

Except for one they all plead not guilty. And except for one, all met the hangman. But they all willingly went along with the madness too, until caught. They always do.

911 was a false flag.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Here's is a link working outside of the UK:

thoughtmaybe.com...

I found the youtube video to be missing certain parts (several minutes), the above link seems to be complete.

Watched it yesterday, how is this not on the front page of ATS? This is everything ATS is about, what the elite have been doing for the past decades behind the scenes.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Watched it yesterday, how is this not on the front page of ATS? This is everything ATS is about, what the elite have been doing for the past decades behind the scenes.
a reply to: Vechthaan

Yes, I'm surprised more aren't interested, but that might be because it is a long old watch.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: solargeddon

a reply to: Vechthaan

Yes, I'm surprised more aren't interested, but that might be because it is a long old watch.

Theres so much interesting stuff contained in that long watch, even if you were to only watch 20 mins at a time you'd still find plenty of good things in every 20 min segment.

edit on b3535144 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Watched it yesterday, I had previously seen Bitter Lake, which was unnerving and this one feels very much like it, maybe a companion piece of sorts.
Not recommended to those prone to depression as it is bleak and doesn't offer really any solution. It does a great job of connecting the dots between war, politics, terrorism, internet and social media of the past 30+ years.
It actually made me feel sorry for Gaddafi I have to say.
But in the end I was left with the question if it wasn't in itself just another thing to confuse us even more, part of the 'HyperNormalisation' he talks about. Being 'exclusive' to the BBC iPlayer and all is a bit suspect to me.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: athousandlives

The thought had crossed my mind too, why has this even been allowed to air at all if it wasn't what they were comfortable with us knowing, which in itself just makes the whole thing even more depressing...even with this exposure what is it that is so heinious they will admit to what happend to Gaddaffi in order to protect an even worse truth?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join