It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So you are angry. What are you going to do about it.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Anything that I or others would do to correct what we perceive as injustices is not something to ever be discussed on an open web forum.

But interesting topic!

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: Encryptor

Well IT of course .. Whatever You decide 'IT' is.

Now wonder the worlds so screwed up. Everyone does 'whatever'...

Another sign of the changing tide.

Being an old fart, I was raised in a time where you were taught to think of the other guy. It was called being courteous and polite. You always opened the door for someone older, or younger than you, and for guys, as a courtesy, the ladies always were allowed to go first. You were taught to say please and thank you, Sir and Madam. You never took the last piece on the plate, unless everyone at the table says they didn't want it. If more than one person wanted it, it was shared. You aided those that needed it, if possible, and you didn't even have to know who they were.

Probably being poor made it easier during that time, because no one had much to steal, and stone soup fed many a person, that was hungry. I remember my mother saying when she was making stone soup, a potato for each, and one for the pot.

My mother used to tell us that when she was a little girl during the depression, she would watch the people coming to their back door and sitting on the step, while her mother fed them. She said her mother never turned anyone away without giving them something to eat, even if it was nothing more than a mayonnaise sandwich.

It was a different time. People behaved differently, they thought differently. Materialism and faux wealth has changed us a society, as a country, and as a people.

Maybe the trouble that is coming our way, will produce a Phoenix from the ashes. Maybe we will learn to fight and work together, and be a better people, and a better country for it.

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Anything that I or others would do to correct what we perceive as injustices is not something to ever be discussed on an open web forum.

Why?

Whatever we would need to do, we wouldn't be able to do in secret anyway.

Transparency, with mass knowledge, and mass involvement, is the only way it could possibly work. The numbers of people we will need to make any action successful, would have to not just in the open, it will have to be done Gungan Style. We would have to make it Pokemon viral.

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn
a reply to: the2ofusr1

The bankers wanted all the money and they got it ...so what ...let them eat their money ,because humans are much much more then money .

My sentiments exactly. You can't eat money, gold, gems or things. Survival depends on our working together, with each other and with nature.

I grew up close to the Chesapeake Bay. We were poor but we never went hungry. Fall brought the time the community got together and prepared for the winter. Everyone was involved, even the little ones had chores to do. At the end of the day, everyone got their portions of the meat that went into the smokehouse. I remember as a child turning the meat grinder and longing to be old enough to put the meat in grinder to fill the casings. I remember the ladies making the crackling and the scrapple.

I remember harvesting the fruits and vegetables to go into the root cellar and the spring house. My grandma made wine from almost anything she could ferment, even pokeweed.

I shared this video in another thread, but I think it fits here as well. We have damaged our precious planet, but she is resilient. With love, respect, care, and the right balance, she will provide for us all.

Video didn't embed.

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 07:53 PM
link   

whatever we did, the government probably wouldn't approve, in theory.

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 08:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

whatever we did, the government probably wouldn't approve, in theory.

Well that would be a prime indicator that we were doing something right.

I am not anti government. I am anti this rogue and corrupt government that we are stuck with now.

I am very much in support of a government that is dedicated to the people, and the betterment of our country.

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Double post.
edit on 17-10-2016 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Same here.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Well said, I was raised this way too, remember it just the way you describe.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Well said, I was raised this way too, remember it just the way you describe.

I want to hold on to those childhood memories,the good and the bad. If the SHTF, it is going to be the knowledge of the old ways, that we are going to need to pull us through. Growing up with hardships taught us valuable lessons.

I am not knocking the young people of today, because God knows it is not their fault. Well meaning parents, have raised them to thinking that just wanting something, will make it so. They are used to buying what they want, or need. When milk and bread aren't available in cartons or plastic wrap, things are going to get a bit dicey.

My friends teasingly me, call me the old fart, tech savvy, Red Neck. They say if the SHTF, they are going to have to fight to see who gets to kidnap me, because I am their insurance policy.

I tell them if the SHTF, they won't make it out to my place to kidnap me, and if they were lucky enough to make it in one piece, I doubt if my neighbors will let them past the gate.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Im going to level up and kick some ass.

Amen to that. I believe in the phoenix we will be.

edit on 10 18 2016 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Lol, then they will wished they had listened to you more.

Insurance policy indeed.

Don't worry each of us has a brain full of experience to carry with us forever.

There are worlds to settle.

posted on Oct, 19 2016 @ 08:48 AM
link   

That video about wolves was special.

Top predators are vital to the circle of life, healthy Eco systems depend on them.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join