It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘Sodomized’ Guantánamo captive recovering after rectal surgery

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   

An alleged accomplice in the Sept. 11 terror attacks underwent reconstructive surgery for decade-old damage from his “sodomy” in CIA custody and was to be returned to his clandestine prison to recuperate, his attorney said Saturday.

source

After eight years in office President Obama has not closed the Guantánamo Naval Base extra-territorial prison for those apprehended in the War on Terror during the presidencies of George W. Bush and Barack H. Obama. The attorney for the alleged 9/11 accomplice insists that her client was sodomised whilst under CIA custody and control. Numerous reports indicate an USA strategy of torture that includes the use of rape when outside of the territory of the USA where such a torture technique is illegal. Previously Donald Rumsfeld and the USA were accused of ordering the rape of prisoners and the sodomisation of children at the notorious Abu Ghraib prison in Iraq. The USA has continued to hold prisoners at its naval base in Guantánamo Bay, Cuba in violation of established international law.

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Also, the article details the claims by this man's attorneys that are worth noting as they show non-cooperation in the releasing of all of the alleged 9/11 accomplice's medical records:

Earlier in the week, Army Lt. Gen. Jennifer Williams, one of Hawsawi’s attorneys, asked the trial judge, Army Col. James L. Pohl, to order the prosecution or CIA to give them the Saudi’s complete medical records from across more than three years of spy agency custody.

Williams noted that CIA cables released under the Freedom of Information Act show that, in one instance in April 2003, Hawsawi was interrogated with “continuous sessions of water dousing, walling, attention grasps, facial holds, cramped confinement, and psychological pressures for 14 nonstop hours.”

But defense teams preparing for trial have no medical records from that period, noting that Hawsawi also suffers cervical damage that may be linked to “walling” — a CIA technique that rammed a captive’s head into a wall to break him for interrogation. Water dousing is described in the Senate Report as similar to water-boarding, a near-drowning torture technique.

source
edit on 16/10/2016 by Kapriti because: corrections

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   
www.theguardian.com...

Yep. All sorts of disgusting goes on down there.

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Should have killed his ass.
We'll get him later.
edit on 16-10-2016 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

We know that killing the enemy is what soldiers do. But it was once believed that as a civilised nation the USA did not engage in torture of its prisoners. Clearly many were mistaken about the USA.

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Kapriti

Hence my point and why I STILL advocate lethal only results.
As to the torture My black heart would personally see worse,but NOT as an institution.

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   

The US should not be torturing people.

But I have no sympathy for this person.

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Another proud moment for the US military and CIA.

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   
There was a most horrifying detail of this man's physical suffering that I post here lest it not be understood by those not inclined to read the original source:

“Mr. Hawsawi was tortured in the black sites. He was sodomized,” Ruiz told reporters earlier in the week, advising them to “shy away from terms like rectal penetration or rectal rehydration because the reality is it was sodomy,” he said. Since then, he said, he has had “to manually reinsert parts of his anal cavity” to defecate.

“When he has a bowel movement, he has to reinsert parts of his anus back into his anal cavity,” Ruiz said, which “causes him to bleed, causes him excruciating pain.”

Miami Herald source

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
Should have killed his ass.
We'll get him later.

Apart from he's not been put on trial and the US paid bounties of up to $50,000 for any any vaguely arabic looking people to be handed over for interogation, so the warlords/drugslords of the area cleared out entire cities of innocent young men and hand them over to be tortured so they could make money.

Personally I'd rather see nations have basic ethics, common sense and abide by international law than be able to hold innocents without trial for decades while subjecting them to torture based on no evidence whatsoever. The later is a defence often used by the US for invading other countries.

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   

You wonder why so many hate the usa and want to do it harm? sorry dude attitudes like you have just displayed ain't gonna help.
Torture does not work anyhow been proven that.

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kapriti

We know that killing the enemy is what soldiers do. But it was once believed that as a civilised nation the USA did not engage in torture of its prisoners. Clearly many were mistaken about the USA.

Clearly you have swallowed the PC BS that it's a peaceful religion. They attacked us prior to the crusades and over Jerusalem, they are the Barberry pirates, and they will continue to attack anyone that is NOT their faith. You obviously have forgotten 9/11. When they attacked us, there are no gentleman agreements in war. Good day sir!

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Violater1

The assumptions in your post are wild and absurd.

Torture is wrong and extra-territorial imprisonment is a violation of international law.

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   

With stories of our military contractors and soldiers running human trafficking and rape rings, I can only imagine what "we're" doing to people overseas...

In addition to overthrowing governments, installing dictators and killing millions as a part of our war-for-profit industry.

Only a matter of time until this evil consumes this nation from within.

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Violater1

Clearly you have swallowed the PC BS that it's a peaceful religion. They attacked us prior to the crusades and over Jerusalem, they are the Barberry pirates, and they will continue to attack anyone that is NOT their faith. You obviously have forgotten 9/11. When they attacked us, there are no gentleman agreements in war. Good day sir!

likewise you've swallowed US military tripe about detainees being guilty - only three out of over 300 were found by the US - the rest were rounded up by afghani and pakistani war and drug lords with the US backing and bribes. Or Northern Alliance troops kidnapping and raping innocent chldren for ransom, and accepting $10,000 from the US for each child sent to guantanamo.

There are laws and agreements in war, that's wwhy the US invented all this 'non-combatant' nonsense so they wouldn't have to obey international laws.

Indeed Al Qu'eda and ISIS are scum but the US certainly isn't much better - they just disguise it slightly better.

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Violater1
there are no gentleman agreements in war.

Actually, there are, and if you look at the list of signatories you'd see that the U.S. concurred with them.

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 12:08 AM
link   
a reply to: TheKnightofDoom

I am who I AM .
I did my job and now MORE of my people are being killed by some they already released.
Find ANOTHER shoulder to cry on.

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 02:15 AM
link   

‘Sodomized’ Guantánamo captive recovering after rectal surgery

OMG!!!

It's those happy go lucky Christian Republikkkans!

Again!

edit on 17-10-2016 by namelesss because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 03:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
a reply to: TheKnightofDoom

I am who I AM .
I did my job and now MORE of my people are being killed by some they already released.
Find ANOTHER shoulder to cry on.

Honoured Warrior , eh ?

These terms are way above your head .

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 03:58 AM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

i agree. did not read up on the facts (which dont exist 8 out of 10 times on this forum) ... but for conjecture's sake, i will say that our shtuff does stink and torture is not snynonymous with love/faith/democracy/fill.in.the.blank. God help us.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join