It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

J F Rutherford, 2nd president of the Watchtower Society

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Joseph Franklin Rutherford became the 2nd president of the Watchtower Society and therefor the successor to the founder (and then thought of as the faithful and discreet slave) the Freemason and Rosicrucian Charles Taze Russel. He thus became the one appointed by God to give spiritual insight and guidance to the whole world, the only purveyor of truth. Russel and Rutherford, interesting surnames.

He lived and worked most of the last 20 years of his life in a Californian mansion that had originally been built for the "returning worthies" like Abraham, Moses, Eljah etc. who were supposed to come back in the 30s some time.

This video shows the mansion and also where he was buried.

Rutherford was a womanizer and probably a drunkard.

If you don't want to watch the entire video here is one link that he looks at Hayden C Covington

When I arrived, Covington was not home, so his wife went out to locate him. He was at a bar, drinking. When she brought him home, he was rather tipsy. This was disappointing to me because I was raised not to drink. Drinking was a problem among Witnesses, and I knew that it had been a problem with Covington (and was part of the reason why he left Bethel). His being tipsy was good in one way because he was very open with me and willing to talk about almost everything I asked him, and I took notes. It became very clear that he idolized Rutherford. For example, I knew that Rutherford's wife had a stroke and that she wasn't in good health (she died in 1962) and I asked about the philandering rumors. Covington was laying down when I asked him about this and immediately sat up and was obviously very, very angry. He looked at me and said, "If your wife was paralyzed, what would you do?" I immediately knew I better not pursue that line of questioning. He seemed to acknowledge that Rutherford did have paramours, but defended him to the hilt. I also asked him "who wrote the articles in the Watchtower?" He answered Rutherford, who "had help, but alone was responsible." He kept calling N.H. Knorr, the president then, a "cobra". When I asked him why he said, "Do you know what a cobra does? They'll slither behind you, and they'll strike viciously." It became apparent that he detested Knorr. This could be because his problems with the society began when Knorr became president. Covington claimed that he, Covington, had the votes to become president, but Knorr connived him out of the presidency. I never had that much respect for Knorr (partly because Knorr only had a high school education) but, as Covington talked, I had more respect for Knorr. A conflict clearly existed between Knorr and Covington so I openly asked him, "Why didn't you like Knorr? What was the problem?" He never gave definitive evidence that Knorr had a legitimate problem except Covington's personality was very much like Rutherford's (and very much in contrast to Knorr's).

As to his drunkenness, well you be the judge, at least the tongue flicking is a signal I have seen before:

from 4:15

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 05:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Cinrad

No doubt, the guy was not only creepy but a freak who insisted on making people live by rules not their own. Oh wait...

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Another house that was meant to be used for the same reason was Beth Shan. Only evert mentioned once in Watchtower publications and onky in passing. The purpuse of this house is explaned fully in the deed"

TO HAVE AND TO HOLD IN TRUST FOR THE FOLLOWING PURPOSES, to wit: Whereas the grantor herein W. P. Heath, Jr., was entrusted with the duty and obligation of improving the premises hereinbefore described, and a number of persons who are wholly devoted to the great THEOCRACY under Christ Jesus the King, furnished the money for the purpose of improving said premises, and WHEREAS the said W. P. Heath, Jr. acting in his own behalf and in behalf of other persons so interested in improving said premises, has erected a house and other improvements thereon to be used for the purpose hereinafter stated, and WHEREAS the grantor and the other parties interested, and who have contributed towards the improvement of said premises, thoroughly believe and expect the return of faithful men to earth who are hereafter named, and who according to the Scriptures (Psalm 45:16 and Isaiah 32:1) shall be made the visible rulers on earth, and desire to prepare said property for them. NOW THEREFORE this trust is created and the said trustee shall hold the title to said property in trust for the use and benefit of the following named persons, whose names appear in the Bible at the Book of Hebrews, chapter eleven, verses one to forty, to wit: Abel, Enoch, Noah, Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Sara, Joseph, Moses, Rahab, Gideon, Barak, Samson, Jephthae, David, Samuel, Until such time as the aforementioned persons return and identify themselves to the legal representatives of the said WATCH TOWER BIBLE & TRACT SOCIETY and by the consent of said Society take possession and control of said premises, the President of the WATCH TOWER BIBLE & TRACT SOCIETY shall have the right and be duty bound to direct the management and use of said premises hereby conveyed and to determine who shall be in possession and have the active management thereof. (emphases added)7

Read more about it here, including the bomb shelter.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

The article mentions Young's Cave being on the property, here is a video of a trip through the cave - if your browser can handle the format.
www.nbcsandiego.com...
And more information about it
m.sandiegoreader.com...

new topics

join