It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is ATS slow for others at the moment?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Every few months, I seem to have problems here on ATS with pages loading really slowly and often failing. All other websites are fine, my connection is fine, it's definitively an ATS problem.
I'd like to know why this is happening? Is this site targeted, is it being updated, any other problems?

Am I the only one who is experiencing this or are there others?

What on earth more can I write?

Nothing, has to be a short OP, sorry.

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 04:05 AM
link   
This has been happening on and off for some time for a lot of us. It's only on this site for me too. It's fine right now, but earlier today I had problems.

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 04:42 AM
link   
I guess it´s because the millions of sense- and worthless US POTUS threads that flood ATS for no reason...

Btw, it needed around 30 seconds to load the page after editing... xD
edit on 16 10 2016 by DerBeobachter because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 04:51 AM
link   
It takes about 20 clicks to give a star or I have to refresh, then it works for a few minutes. When clicking on 'live' not all columns load. When clicking on a thread, the page more often then not doesn't even load.
Could a Mod give us an idea as to why ATS is so slow at the moment or do we just have to guess?

Remember we are all Conspiracy Theorists on here, maybe it would be better to tell us something...;P

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 06:36 AM
link   
I thought it was just me. Endless loops when trying to post or edit, and the site often just fails to load when everything else it working fine. The maddening thing about the loading failure is that it will automatically re-load after a few seconds and work fine again... for a bit.

EDIT: It did both those things when I made this post.
edit on 16-10-2016 by audubon because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Try adding Google plus and try reloading and see if that improves the efficiency of the website

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 07:16 AM
link   
I have a mediocre HP, 2 years old, on 8.1 I think it is, and everything works fine. About once a week or two I must 'refresh' and clean up my PC. But then it's good for another couple weeks run. It finally will stop loasding and exiting very well to where agravation takes me to another refresh.

(post by Hecate666 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: DonVoigt

Hmmmm, maybe that explains my experience. I bought a tablet with android 4.4 and it works much faster on the internet than my windows 7 computer.

Has the internet been optimized for android by Google?

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

No on another thread I seen, it's something to do with the loading of the page as an image but as soon as I loaded it a while back I haven't had anymore problems with this website pages loading

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Hecate666

No issues here in Michigan. I never have had any issues loading....EXCEPT when close to my work building's city provided server and on my own device.

Sometimes...a location's closeness to you on wifi...can block or slow down a connection to certain sites.

At home on laptop, PC or phone...never any. Out in the world driving around...sometimes slow...but not often and I'd say almost never out there either with ATS or others...

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Oh man, it's still bad. Just now it threw me out of a thread just as I was going to comment. Then it took ages to reload. Still no reply from a mod about the cause of this. Even though I know they read this thread. I don't normally have these problems, ATS is just as smooth as any other website, however it does happen regularly [as I mentioned] about every half a year or so.
Is something being updated?
Why not tell us?
Also one of the threads just now wouldn't load, then a 'this site could not be reached' message, reloaded twice before getting half the 'live' front page.

Yes and when posting, it tales so long that you wonder if it will actually work.

Please [pretty please - with flowers around it- don't want to make anyone cross] can someone tell us why? It's not a nice browsing experience.

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   
This thread was started a bit earlier
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

top topics

join