It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I want real aliens! I don't want them!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 04:21 AM
link   
I would love meeting aliens if they were benevolent. I would imagine in such a vast universe, there are both good and bad aliens, so how would we know who to trust? We wouldn't.

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 04:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: AnkhMorpork
a reply to: frenchfries

Tell us more about their sense of humor, mirth and playfulness.

I think our job as humans is to teach them how to laugh.

Alien talking :

you're so right human. We learned so much from Honey Boo Boo. Some of us are even getting obese !

Our own sense of humor is somewhat darker.We invented Einstein together with some constants and are betting how long it will take until someone finds out that the universe is limitless. Until now no-one is close except for some boring english guy that spoilts or fun. by openly talking about morphic resonance. We also change data on the net to confuse humans even more. That was kindda fun I voted for Einstain but sadly enough Berenstain won the election by a pussy. Ahhh... and ofcourse a real pinacle of fun is that ATS is run us... pssttt... don't tell anyone (btw russians dont exists they are hollywood actors)

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 04:33 AM
link   
a reply to: frenchfries

You might want to read up a bit on aboriginal culture . Below goes a ways to explaining the Wandjina .

The story goes like this – the Wandjina were “sky-beings” or “spirits from the clouds” who came down from the Milky Way during Dreamtime and created the Earth and all its inhabitants. Then Wandjina looked upon the inhabitants and realised the enormity of the task and returned home to bring more Wandjinas. With the aid of the Dreamtime snake, the Wandjina descended and spent their Dreamtime creating, teaching and being Gods to the Aboriginals whom they created. After some time, the Wandjinas disappeared. They descended into the earth and since then, have lived at the bottom of the water source associated with each of the paintings. There, they continually produce new ‘child-seeds’, which are regarded as the source of all human life. Some Wandjina also returned to the sky, and can now be seen at night as lights moving high above the earth.

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 04:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

One abductee said they took her to a "Godroom" within which she felt the absolute blissful presence of God, inside that room.

That's utterly creepy, imho, if they've got God held hostage within some sort of technological box!

And another said that indeed they had a little hologram of Jesus' crucifixion. Also creepy.

It would be funny if even though they've tried everything, they don't really know what they are doing any more or why precisely.

Just imagine. You've mastered all the laws of physics and have come to learn everything there is to know about everything, and here you're relegated to visiting or hanging around Earth and that's as good as it gets..

I think at some point, aside from leaving some sort of quarantine or observation probe, that they'll all just pack up and go home.

Why hang around?

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: AnkhMorpork

It's up to us to make this world a better place for one and all.

Exactly. We are the only ones on this planet that can do that, and we are our own worst enemy (as a species).

I'm working on shifting my own energy to a more positive place, away from the anxiety and fear, bad memories and frustrations of this current cultural and electoral horror-fest. (I have a thread on this - an experiment to share the light in The Grey Area).

Excellent ramble / rant.

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   

The original OP statement is very repetitive with the same thought over and over and driven by the same narrow-minded focus from a typically human view point. I suggest that the author stop trying to find new ways to show his frustration and come to better terms by entertaining the ET perspective.

I have found that it is nearly impossible for humans to distance themselves from their own feelings, culture and civilizations. I suggest that we grab onto the position of the tried and true "Star Trek" mentality of about 200 years hence. That should offer more comfort and be acceptable to current humans. According to the "Manifest Destiny" of the future called the "Prime Directive" on "Star Trek,"all life is sacred. War is a thing of the past. Even with many hostile aliens out there, the "Enterprise" will not fire first, etc., etc. Compassion, assistance and understanding are the major aspects of more mundane activities between the ship and visited planets.

Another key aspect of the "Prime Directive" is that encountered civilizations not up to par with the technology of the "Enterprise"are not to be altered in their development if it can at all be prevented. They must be allowed to progress on their own.

The basic reason is to prevent a reliance upon the arrival of the futuristic folk in the "Enterprise." and worse, to prevent them being seen them as saviors either technically or philosophically. The "Prime Directive" takes into account that each being/world individually, is unique and should work through its own development in its own fashion if possible.

Given that the "Enterprise" acquired sensor readings to draw it to a planet in serious trouble of destroying its entire civilization via its own hand, the star travelers would intercede in quiet ways to stop the carnage before it stopped. A sudden landing a "Disclosure" would not be the manner of policy.

If that planet was Earth in its present state, and a ship appeared faithful to the "Prime Directive," then careful actions would be taken to change and rectify the situation. There would be several avenues they could take, both general and surgical depending upon the stage of development. There would be no sudden disclosure because of the social shocks that would be enormous. There would be quiet contact to the leaders. As for the general populace, there would be the creation of a mythical "knowledge" of the visitors, but never anything concrete. The job of the actual disclosure (or not)would be left to the leaders of Earth. If they chose to deny the sightings and existence of the aerial ship, so be it.

If the entire Earth was tottering on the cusp of war, perhaps a drastic measure would be implemented to demonstrate to the earthlings that they were really not exactly in control of their own destiny.

The actual proof of that is the reports of former US Air Force officers and service people that the ICBM in silos have been deactivated as UFOs hung overhead. There, a harmless example of the power of the visitors and the message that they wish to convey...in keeping with the script of a common TV show.

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Allow me to pose a single question? IF we accept that there MUST be MILLIONS and MILLIONS of stars and galaxies and universes out there...then life must exist elsewhere as well based on the odds.

And IF we accept that there is more life...then IF we havent seen it, heard it or recognize it for what it is....

Dont you think they are either already here...have always BEEN here...or have NO INTEREST in coming here?

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

Good post. Prime Directive best explains the lack of contact ie: because we can't handle it or because for some reason or another it wouldn't be ethical.

I made a thread on the various possibilities involved

The Fermi Paradox and the "Prime Directive" (where are they?)

P.S. It was a rant. I was trying to be ranty and playful and humorous in the OP.

edit on 16-10-2016 by AnkhMorpork because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

Dont you think they are either already here...have always BEEN here...or have NO INTEREST in coming here?

Honestly, I do believe that some UFO's are ET spacecraft and that therefore, instantaneous FTL transit between the stars or even galaxies is possible, since I can't imagine scenarios where they are coming here at sub-light speeds given the distances involved.

Given the magnitude of the universe

and well, there's a lot of possibilities, where the only possible reason that full contact/disclosure had not been made is due to some sort of Prime Directive, as per my reply above to another poster.

The reason I think that they have been and are here is probably due to the relative rarity and uniqueness of earth-like worlds, whereby perhaps you only see one or a few of them in any given galaxy. Then again, as that vid makes clear there are a LOT of galaxies.

It's a real conundrum, that I think can only be explained by some sort of Prime Directive.

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 07:47 PM
link   

You said it. Think about it. We cant imagine beings created in ways with materials or processes we cant understand from only certain planets we've never discovered using methods and ways we never have known about...it boggles the mind!

I say they are here now...RIGHT HERE..next to us always...and have been. If it was in their interests at all? They'd have "kicked this ant-hill of humans over and killed us all" and they havent.

That fact....and the potential of millions of possible life forms out there...and we are still HERE? I think that says something when all along they couldve stomped us...or revealed themselves...and either they havent, dont want to...or are waiting....

Thanks

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Precisely. That we are here would seem to reveal or imply a certain civility in whatever legal framework they abide by the result of which we remain an unmolested world.

I have some thoughts about what might constrain them according to that law, and it might not even be entirely self-regulated.

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 08:22 AM
link   

My feelings as well. We would have been gone in a flash if these millions or billions of other intelligences out there wanted us gone. Yet we are still here.

And not for food, breeding, minerals, slavery....but something greater...otherwise? We wouldnt still be here.....

Thanks AnkhMorpork! MS

top topics

<< 1   >>

join