It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Law of Attraction - I think I finally understand it

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 05:34 AM
link   
a reply to: SuspiciousTom

The wonderful thing about the laws behind Visualisation is that the majority dismiss these laws as being nonsense. I would hate to have to fight competitors on the higher level. As it is, those who practice it have a free run and not much competition.

As a teenager, I used to indulge in visualisation prior to doing anything important. I would not give up until the matter reached successful conclusion in my imagination/visualisation. Then what followed in the physical world would just be strings of Déjà vu. I never needed convincing regarding the laws behind manifesting things though visualisation.

Visualisation for me came about naturally. I was not introduced to it by books. In fact , as a child, I thought that it was the normal way to achieve success.

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Regarding the law of attraction, you're close, but not quite right.

You do not visualize anything except the end goal. You only visualize the can of peas in your hand. You do not visualize jumping or touching the can or your feet in the air or anything else. You let your subconscious mind handle all of that by not visualizing it at all. It actually works really well for sports because you block out all the distracting chatter going on in your mind so there's more brain power available to calculate the exact degree of rotation your wrist needs to turn and whether you should land on your right or left foot. The point is to NOT think about those things or anything else so your muscle memory and subconscious can do it without conscious interference or distraction.

Law of attraction mainly works by getting your subconscious mind and conscious mind working toward the same goals. Most people don't realize they subconsciously sabotage themselves, and sometimes consciously, too ("that girl would never be interested in me, she's too pretty. I shouldn't even bother going over there."). So there is a slight but noticeable difference in results just for that.

As far as metaphysical effects, yes the law of attraction has been around a long time and yes it does work. It does change reality just a little teeny tiny bit. But if you talk to most witches, occultists, and mages, and mention The Secret, they will not take you seriously. The reason is the Law of Attraction is just one technique that just gives one tiny advantage. It's like trying to catch a fish with one tiny hook and a few feet of string. There are so many other techniques, practices, tricks, and methods that each bestow just a tiny statistical advantage (like fishing with rods, reels, lures, bait, etc.). Learning to affect reality with your mind is a lifelong course of study that yields tiny results at first and gradually becomes more and more effective as you practice and study and practice and study. The law of attraction was mentioned in one of the hermetic works along with a bunch of other laws, like the law of polarity, for example. It's almost like trying to be Christian by just following one commandment.
edit on 16-10-2016 by anotheramethyst because: damn you autocorrect

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: r0xor
The law of attraction isn't even real. It's akin to someone asking God for something everyday, then confidently working toward what they asked for thinking that God is going to make it happen for them. If you're visualizing success then work toward it, there's no special effect involved, no secret.

You're not going to win the lottery by visualizing it or asking God for it either.
, You it the nail on the head here,and put it so much better than I could have
. The desire to change your life,accompanied by the the belief given to you by this system, be it misguided or not, that it will happen gives people the fortitude to carry on where once they might have given up.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Yes! this is exactly what I have learned also, it is good to change the way you view things and " attract" it, but you have to work in order to achieve it. Many people think that just buy thinking about money , for example, then they will get it so they go about overspending and buying things they cant afford becuase they are " attracting" money.

I believe we should attract it in a way of thinking positive about it and not stress over it, not feel down if you fail the first few times, but you must also realize you have to work hard to obtain what you really want.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I believe its energy.

I believe that we send out energy into the universe using our minds and create entire realities based off of this.

Like a radio tuning into different frequencies good or bad.

I believe its something you cannot see I believe that it is more then just our brain or subconscious at work...

I guess its the metaphysical part of me talking because I know as a human being there are things that we do not know about and just how very limited our human senses are

and as much as a i love science i love the unexplained and believe the LOA is one of those unexplained things for now at least...

I believe some things in life we may not figure but intuition and energy are tools we have at our disposal to navigate this unique experience called life

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Yep. Its basically self hypnosis, convincing your subconscious that it has already been done so your conscious mind finds it easier to do the legwork. Its a magic trick you perform on yourself.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 09:51 PM
link   
is there any studies on the subconscious and how it is able to control other people that are thinking of you?

seems crazy that if its all hardwiring in the brain it can leap out into nothingness and contact someone else to make them think of calling you.

hmm

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 10:13 AM
link   

I would disagree that is the law of attraction. I believe the law of attraction is actually extraordinarily simple. The more any given thing is thought about, the more likely it becomes to become a part of reality, including when such a thought involves violations of the rules of physics. Or put another way, fantasy alters reality. Perhaps fantasy has defined reality as well.

I'm using the law of attraction to change the game starting with the first rule.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: digital01anarchy
The practice of visualization is the key to attaction.
Close your eyes and visualize the object not just what you will do when you get it or how you will get it. You have to be able to see the object crystal clear in your mind

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: penfold

Lol the nocebo and placebo effect have been proven there is a relationship between how you think and how it affects you. I don't care if your a non believer, but I know for a fact its real. Humans that think they are at the pinnacle of their understandings of this world, are the most ignorant people on it. Thank God we have visionaries and people that think outside the box or we would be still finding our way a midst the dark ages. The LOA is real, but you wont win the lottery or anything that is materialistic. That's not the way it works, feeling and believing is key.
I take it you believe in coincidences.
I don't i believe in cause and effect. And ecoincidence's and synchronicity are just effects that we don't know the cause of.
edit on 2-11-2016 by Davg80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: SuspiciousTom
So to keep it short and simple, I've been doing some thinking of how powerful the brain is due to the sheer number of calculations one executes for each action and it was mostly related to how we do things. They say

the hardest thing to see is what is in front of your eyes.

Who said 'the hardest thing to see is what is in front of your eyes?'

It is mostly true for humans though - the law of attraction teaches you to see what is not in front of your eyes. Humans deny 'what is' in favour of 'what isn't' all the time. Maybe that is why they feel that they are lacking. When you feel lacking you are needy and greedy for some thing which is only appearing in the mind.

Most humans are blind to what is - they are blinded by what is not. Forever wanting, seeking for some thing. Hoping that the thing will complete them and make them feel whole.
edit on 2-11-2016 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 12:45 AM
link   
i have been practicing a lot of the law of attraction lately. im a cynical, "realist" so i was never one for part taking in wishful thinking for more than brief periods of my life, but the power of your mind is definitely a strong thing. call it what you want, everything is envisioned in the mind before it is physically created. every invention we use, every man made thing came from the mind first.

so whether or not people agree or disagree with me, placebo effect, wishful thinking, positive mindset or attraction of energy through vibrations DOES infact help you in yourself to achieve what you want to achieve. the LOA is pretty much a tool, like flint, to help you start that fire.

things like afformations (not affirmations), meditation to help concentratation, vision boards, (desktop background images if you are on phone/pc alot) and visualization of what your goals are before you sleep every night help your mind conscious and subconcious to focus and tune into a state where you will start attracting what it is you desire.
you got to have the right mindset for anything and in a society today where there are so many things to worry/focus about it is hard for some people. the "secret" is very simple. the power of the mind. and once you put your heart, soul, blood, sweat and tears on achieving something then yes, the universe rewards you

<< 1   >>

join