It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feingold: Hillary Might Issue Executive Order on Guns

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: spiritualzombie

Let me simplify it.

I consider myself a liberal because I am for freedom. You can't have freedom and a growing controlling government.

If you don't infringe on my rights, then I won't infringe on yours.

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I pretty much agree.

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Then you might not want to threaten people because they think differently.

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   

I don't threaten people because they think differently. Do we threaten Radical Islamists simply for thinking different?

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   

But you did threaten people who think differently.

Liberals practice a lot of tolerance. We try very hard to forgive ignorance even when ignorance repeatedly treats us like an enemy. We try to use reason and logic when faced with an opposition that embraces murder, torture and all levels of indecency to win an election. But then when things go a little too far... for instance Trump supporters talking about armed rebellion if they lose, or sh#t like deporting 11 million families, or murdering the innocent family members of terrorists, or banning people based on religion... thats more than just a disagreement. That's extremism and while we haven't gone so far yet as the right in publically calling you an enemy-- once we do, we're ready to treat you like the enemy. I think Trump supporters would do well to remember that we are all in this country together and it is not theirs alone.

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

originally posted by: spiritualzombie

This idea that liberals don't accept disagreement is silly. Democrats and liberals argue amonst themselves all the time. Just don't be extremists and always remember the U.S. is a melting pot. We're all united for the common good.

If we are all united why do the dems keep acting like they are better than anyone else? Sure the US WAS a melting pot....Until people stopped assimilating.

You think melting pot means assimilating? You don't think it means a country with a lot of different people, different cultures, religions, traditions? Well, that right there is where you went off the rails.

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Are you saying that the only reason we get into war with people, or lock people up in prison is because they think differently? This idea that liberals don't accept people because they think differently is ridiculous. It's EXTREMELY narrow thinking.

edit on 16-10-2016 by spiritualzombie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Your moving the goal posts.

We put people in prisons who break laws.

NOT because they think differently.

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 05:58 PM
link   

No, you're attempting to redefine the goal posts. Let me spell it out for you. We are not at war with Radical Islam. That really would be like threatening people for thinking different-- which is what Trump and his followers insist on. No, we're at war with violent extremism. Think of those two words... Violence and Extremism. That's what I warn Trump supporters against... they are flirting with the lines of violent extremism.

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 06:02 PM
link   

It looks to me that you're justifying future attacks against anyone who thinks differently from you.

If that's not the case then good.

If that IS the case, then that's bad.

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 06:04 PM
link   

You're being willfully ignorant. No matter how many times I use reason and logic to explain in detail what I'm talking about you continue to blur it all and dumb it down to simply "thinking different". And I try very hard to tolerate your willful ignorance.

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 10:23 PM
link   

This idea that liberals don't accept disagreement is silly. Democrats and liberals argue amonst themselves all the time. Just don't be extremists and always remember the U.S. is a melting pot. We're all united for the common good.

If we are all united why do the dems keep acting like they are better than anyone else? Sure the US WAS a melting pot....Until people stopped assimilating.

You think melting pot means assimilating? You don't think it means a country with a lot of different people, different cultures, religions, traditions? Well, that right there is where you went off the rails.

if you dont becoem a AMERICAN you are just passing through. You are only considered part of th e melting pot if you become american.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Gun owners are not going to abide by Executive Orders. she can take her Executive Orders and stuff them where the sun does not shine.

And with the republicans in control of congress she will not get to many anti gun laws passed.

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 04:18 AM
link   

" I don't threaten people because they think differently. Do we threaten Radical Islamists simply for thinking different? "

No , we Defend our Lives Against Radical Islamist who through Acts of Violence , Kill Innocent People Because of their Particular way of Thinking .

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Are you advocating killing innocent people or was that suppose to be a quote?

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   

if you dont becoem a AMERICAN you are just passing through. You are only considered part of th e melting pot if you become american.

Says the revisionist. You can be American and keep your own culture.
Funny how the same people that act like they champion personal freedom think differently.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

assimilation was one of the keys to immigrations success so yes they should let anything else become secondry or dont come to america.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Are you advocating killing innocent people or was that suppose to be a quote?

Are you saying advocating killing people is wrong? Because you always defend Hillary, and she advocates killing people. She has advocated it more times than you can count.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

Kill Innocent People Because of their Particular way of Thinking .

I think this statement is wrong.
I also think killing people is wrong, I would imagine you think the same.
And I have never defended Hillary when it has come to her choices and the life's lost because of them.

You are confusing not thinking she is the anti chirst with defending her. It's ok, very common for this site.

posted on Oct, 20 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Assimilation doesn't mean what you think it means.

It doesn't mean to put your culture second.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join