It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any Archers in?.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Fantastic tips dude

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Archery is a great sport and can take awhile to get decent at, especially with a re-curve as you don't have an aiming device.
I have taped a tooth pic to my bow for a sight .:>) a Q tip would work but its a fuzzy sight LOL :>)

OP tell me if you have a threaded insert on the front of your rizer . Oh and how good do you want to get with this bow you have ?

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

One of the best exercises you can do to build up your form and strength is to draw your bow back full and hold . Spend 15 to 30 min a day doing and that will build you up ...Get strong first before you let the arrow fly :>) Concentrate while doing this on your form .

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Is that like a notch you rest your arrow on? just above your hand? if so no.
Oh and not like robin hood or owt but good enough.
I have just ordered it all but I can't wait

I have enjoyed this video and think he appears to have good tips.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Very cool. I was always told the point of using a recurve was to develop your finger release technique and instinct shooting. Never really thought of putting a sight on it. I may have to try it.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: TheKnightofDoom

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: TheKnightofDoom

Just from watching him thus far I would suggest you might get some more critical info in increments . Let me explain . His stuff makes mention of the differing parts and workings but ships over what it is you need to be schooled on . Obviously you are green and can us a tad bit of help . You have the enthusiasm and I have a bit of patience :>)

So the form vid I posted is very good and very correct . We can get into more parts names and aspects as we go along . 1 is you need a arrow rest . Seeing you are going old school I would suggest

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   

In competitive instinct shooting you are not allowed to have a sight on the bow but :>) A sight is only a reference point that aligns with the flight path of your arrow . Seeing a arrow has a large arc to its flight you can place tooth pics to represent the curve of the path of flight . It works for differing yardage . The lower the tooth pic the further away you target is .yardage wise

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 07:28 PM
link   

I use them on my compounds. Just never on the recurves. I approach each with a different mindset I suppose. One for distance and accuracy, the other for feel and mobility.
I'm by no means a guru. Just a long time hunter/archer.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Op this is a good vid to show you the difference from where and what you got to what is also out there in case you want to develop

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 07:39 PM
link   

I hear you ....I guess fooling around with them from the crude rudimentary level up to competitive level there are probably more questions to be asked the really good answers for . I was fortunate enough to have fallen into the path of a Olympian shooter . They were really good at explaining the technical side of the art and I understood quite quickly ..

I was in a demonstration display at a mall one time and a kid wanted to shoot . At the end of the days demonstration I had him tagging the bull . It was only 30 feet but the bulls were only 1 cm .

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 12:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheKnightofDoom
a reply to: grey580

Nah I have a safe place to practise and they will not let me wear my green tights there.

Pffft! You can hang out with us Elves and wear your green tights. We can teach you archery and we have some nice swords too.

Looks like your human friends are helping you along with the archery advice. Carry on.

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 02:16 AM
link   
I can't believe how much the sporting goods stores try to charge for bows and arrows. They must easily have a 1000% mark up or more on stuff. Like a dumb arrow at cabelas cost like 12 bucks. that's stupid.

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Subscribed to his channel really good info. Lucky enough I'm taking a service user glamping tmr for 4 nights at camp katur north you shire and they have archery lessons there. So I will at least get the basics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join