It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McMullin and a new Conservative Party

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   
The GOP has been in trouble for awhile. The Tea Party was when it stated to go off the rails and as the traditional Republicans fled the party it start becoming the party where people like Sara Palin, Allen West, Bachmann became the face of the GOP. And instead of Conservative the party started a swing toward embracing the the crazy and abhorring things like facts. Trump is the accumulation of that. With the election lost and likely the Senate and House as well the GOP is on its death bed. Conservatives have a choice between a GOP that is now a party that has no future or the DNC. At least for the moment.

As Trump puts the final nail in the GOP coffin others are looking to start the new Conservative Party. Evan McMullin entered the race late, has no money and is not even on the ballot in most states but he has registered and can be voted for or written in 38 states. His entry was going to have little effect. Until now. With Trump becoming so toxic that conservative Christians can no longer stomach him McMullin has become the man to go to. His effect so far on the national polls has been negligible but, as Republicans leave Trump in droves McMullin is becoming for many the man to turn to. Pres idential candidate Evan McMullin running to win, start new conservative movement

He has turned the race in Utah to a 3 way tie. If he wins and picks up some steam in the Red States he could come out of the election with a real chance to start a new version of what the GOP once was.

So what we might see post election is a broken GOP no longer relevant on the national stage with the rise of a new Conservative Party, along with a more relevant Libertarian Party. Without a single common enemy the DNC will rule for a couple election cycles but, they will also begin to split up with out the GOP to keep them together. The DNC will remain the party of the Center and likely a new Progressive Party will break off.

We could within 8 years have a true multi party system. Or Trump and his followers will just fade away and the GOP will purge everything about them and reform. Frankly I think the damage has been done and their will be no coming back from this. Maybe we will get some change from this election.
edit on 15-10-2016 by MrSpad because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

I have been saying exactly what your saying since 2012 really. But I actually see this as a good thing, even though Hilary gets to pick her agents of darkness for the Supreme Court. But this will force people to find new ideas and new policies to support.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I mean you can't just say low taxes, and strong military and that's the end all and be all of your platform. Where are republicans on new education idea on new technology? And improving the quality of life?

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   

This is interesting.

It appears that a number of groups are rushing to try and determine who best represents "conservatives." It would be interesting if the more conservative Republicans left and formed their own party.

I really thought that the Tea Party might take over that function since they have successfully managed to elect members to a number of government positions (a key point for any group who wants a viable chance at a presidency.) However they seem to have lost momentum lately and at election time they didn't have a viable candidate of their own to offer. Splinter groups like this need to stand on their own and develop their own "war chest" rather than running back to the main party to fund their candidates.

To date, the most successful third party run was Perot (I voted for him) but even he didn't have any lasting political staying power. The Tea Party still has the most firm power base and has the best chance, but they need to get their acts together as a third party and produce some viable candidates.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   
first every one, check with you state laws about weather or not they count write ins and under what condition. I just looked it up for my state, and unless the candidate has officially declared candidacy with the state.
but, I also looked at the ballot and this guy is on ours.
watched a video of him, don't think he stands a chance really...
he just sounds too darned sane!!! no wonder I am just hearing about him...lol....

he has some aspects that might be a turn off for some... he went from CIA ops to goldman saches...
but he sounds saner than trump, or johnson really.. hillary might sound sane but I got a feeling her presidency might drive most of us nuts.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 05:57 PM
link   
The tea party was taken over by neocons and it was destroyed intentionally by the republicans who feared grassroot policy changes in its party.

Basically they feared people like ron paul having a chance to steer their parties ideals.

However as we have seen the DNC pull the same bs just in a different way aka bernie sanders but unlike ron paul i believe bernie sanders was in on the scam

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 06:19 PM
link   
He is an interesting individual.

I would live to see a rational, humane and broad-minded Conservative party that is less worried about my womb and more concerned about being a counter-point to liberalism.

The GOP broke themselves when they became so polarized as to be incapable of compromise without losing their base.

Whatever emerges from the ashes, I think it will be a two or three way split. The Christian Right, the Trump Nationalists, and the New Conservatives. There may be overlap - not sure which way our Christian Right friends will go. Perhaps they will fracture.

It is more likely the New Conservatives will be a group that tries to establish a moral core that is not specifically religious and a moderate tone that will attract a much larger base, ultimately. I think they will be more science oriented, and will appeal to fiscal conservatives. They will co-opt a list of currently Democratic strongholds, if they play their cards right.

Interesting Times.

AB

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 08:20 AM
link   

S&F for good rational discussion. McMullin (and Mindy) didn't get trounced by Trump in the Republican primary, because he didn't present. I think the guy has as much as a snowball's chance in Hades to even make a ripple in Trump's pond.

As for the rise of a new Republican Party, I think that's what we're seeing now. People haven't quite figured out who is ideologically aligned with the New World Order, but they know they're not liking what they've been force fed since the Eisenhower era (and possibly before). Trump has been successful in this endeavor beyond measure. If he gets in office, he'll roust what remains of the NWO electorate like unlikeables on The Apprentice. (Remember how quick it was for Boehner when he finally got called out? Ryan's gotta be first on the agenda.)

As I see it, Trump is an old school Democrat. There's not much I consider about him that's very conservative. I'm hoping the Tea Party gets its feet back under them and propelled forward with a Trump win. Maybe they can infiltrate and take over what remains of the Democratic Party after it implodes over the false Hillary support/Wasserman betrayal. (They need to successfully prosecute Lois Lerner for her crimes.)

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

S&F for good rational discussion. McMullin (and Mindy) didn't get trounced by Trump in the Republican primary, because he didn't present. I think the guy has as much as a snowball's chance in Hades to even make a ripple in Trump's pond.

As for the rise of a new Republican Party, I think that's what we're seeing now. People haven't quite figured out who is ideologically aligned with the New World Order, but they know they're not liking what they've been force fed since the Eisenhower era (and possibly before). Trump has been successful in this endeavor beyond measure. If he gets in office, he'll roust what remains of the NWO electorate like unlikeables on The Apprentice. (Remember how quick it was for Boehner when he finally got called out? Ryan's gotta be first on the agenda.)

As I see it, Trump is an old school Democrat. There's not much I consider about him that's very conservative. I'm hoping the Tea Party gets its feet back under them and propelled forward with a Trump win. Maybe they can infiltrate and take over what remains of the Democratic Party after it implodes over the false Hillary support/Wasserman betrayal. (They need to successfully prosecute Lois Lerner for her crimes.)

Along with several others !

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl
If he gets in office, he'll roust what remains of the NWO electorate like unlikeables on The Apprentice. (Remember how quick it was for Boehner when he finally got called out? Ryan's gotta be first on the agenda.)

The President doesn't have that kind of power. To remove the Speaker of the House, he would have to have powerful allies in the party and they would all need to agree to get rid of the speaker. Same with the minority leader. He can appoint Cabinet members and other people but those generally have to go through an approval process by Congress. Trump hasn't won any major Democratic endorsements but he has gotten a number of Republican denouncements.

I found an interesting web page on the process and who presidents appoint

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Ok...I'll say it...
I misjudged you...

While I disagree with some of your assertions(as I am a conservative), I clearly underestimated your brain power...

Absolutely brilliant post...

I find your post so cogent that out of respect, I will not debate any points as it would serve to dilute my appreciation of ur thoughtfulness...

It would appear my own bias blinded me by our differences and for my petulance in previous interactions I am sorry and was wrong...

-Chris

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd
The President doesn't have that kind of power. To remove the Speaker of the House, he would have to have powerful allies in the party and they would all need to agree to get rid of the speaker.

Really? How hard is it for the President to get someone kicked out of 'his own' party? It's not like he has to completely take their job from them ... just the little (R) that follows their name. That's as over for Ryan as it needs to get.

All Trump need do is remind the party that Boehner 'had it coming' and Ryan was his stooge. Then he can go after every other (R) that turned their backs to him during his run ... one-by-one. If he ascends to the Presidency, it'll become his own little sniper's nest. You watch and see.

new topics

top topics

join