It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do women’s groups treat Bill Clinton and Donald Trump differently?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Floridagoat
a reply to: intrptr

Wow you gotta love the reasoning some of you portray. Please don't raise any children, god bless the innocent that have to deal with parents like you, or gryfool.

Just enlightening the thought terrain of the times. so you know, I was repulsed by it back then too.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
Well, as to why Trump is "different" in the eyes of some women from Bill Clinton ... perhaps here's another reason:

But Trump has not always spoken so favorably of the Clinton accusers. In fact, the last time they dominated the news, he described the situation as being “from hell” and the accusers as a “really unattractive group.” “I don't necessarily agree with his victims, his victims are terrible,” Trump said during a 1998 interview with Fox News. “He is really a victim himself. But he put himself in that position.” He went on. “The whole group, Paula Jones, Lewinsky, it's just a really unattractive group,” he said. “I'm not just talking about physical.”

Emphasis mine.

LA Times -A 'really unattractive group.' Trump wasn't always so fond of Bill Clinton's accusers

I agree that is probably why Trump is different in the eyes of these women's groups.

It's one thing when your enamy is against you. It's a whole other set of emotions when an ally betrays you. Trump use to be on the liberal side now he has betrayed them ... and that can not be tolerated. They must crush him.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueShaman

originally posted by: intrptr
At the time, lots of women wanted to be Monica Lewinsky. Are you kidding? World figure, in the White house, with a cigar?

And he played the saxophone. Women go nuts for sex players, I mean sax players.

Lol, wind instruments, they know how to blow, make the reed sing...

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

LOL, that is reaching.

Ever think that the cause might be because there'd be a conflict of interest because Bill is Hillary's husband? They support Hillary, so naturally, they'll support Billy Boy too. They don't want to indirectly hurt Hillary by also vilifying Billy Boy. So they pull out the ole double standard hypocrite wagon and ride along. Which is very common within politics in general.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bloodydagger

WASHINGTON Groups that advocate for women’s rights are lashing out at Donald Trump for allegations of groping women and bragging about sexual assaults. But some of those same groups did not think former President Bill Clinton’s allegations of sexual misconduct nearly two decades ago were disqualifying in the same way.

At least three women – Juanita Broaddrick, Paula Jones and Kathleen Willey – accused Clinton of unwanted sexual advances. Another five, including White House intern Monica Lewinsky, said they had had consensual affairs with him. Clinton was impeached on charges of lying about the Lewinsky affair before a grand jury and of obstruction of justice, but was acquitted and served his full presidential term.

SOURCE

Read the above and understand the agenda.

It is the same crap the Dems have been playing for years. It is something that the Left will never confess to you. It is the communist manifesto to a TEE. It is the Alinsky model and people are just eating it up. Do a lot of people even know what it is? Or even care?

The question is does her husbands fidelity fit into this. Well on his second term for president these women came out against Billy boy and said rape and abuse. Were they lies or not. As I remember it every media outlet said they were basically tramps. But now, it is Trump and we have to take this seriously. These women are not tramps now. Because they are for the CAUSE...

SMARTEN up. If this was Rubio and not Trump we are discussing, they would have done the same thing to Rubio and it would have been some woman at some time in the past. It is the playbook they use. This is the game they play. Laugh at Billy boy saying well she came on to him and she is a tramp anyway and stick the fork into anyone else who is not for the CAUSE. It is all jokes for them but serious stuff for everyone else. We are better then this. There is a double standard here. WAKE UP!

The media is in bed with the Clinton's. Follow the money trail; it never lies. So no wonder people are coming out of the woodworks and claiming this and that and they have an outlet compassionate to the Hillary cause to express it - and I'm sure each and every one of them are owners of a new company that just made a quarter of a million dollars this year for "consulting" - can you prove the money trail there? Nope, it's been laundered through companies and legal entities controlled by other donors with no direct relation to the Clinton's. White-collar crime at it's finest - hidden bribes that can be deducted as a consulting fee expense on your tax returns and lower your taxes.

You may not know, but it's expected that Trump's entire campaign is a jump-off point for a new Repub-based media/news outlet. This was all speculation, but it's definitely possible, especially with the dollar signs involved. Did you know Geraldo claimed to have numerous tapes like the one released about Trump? They were supposed to be just as degrading and would ruin his chances of winning if aired. When he was pressured to release them, he came out and admitted he didn't have crap. But just that claim alone for the 1 or 2 days is damning enough in the media. People hear it and believe it and it's all bullcrap.

Here's another question that makes the same exact sense for the same exact reasons - Why does the media treat Chelsea and Ivanka differently?!?

Anyway..........

This isn't a liberal thing. It's an establishment thing. Bush Jr. was an establishment puppet, and the media shilled for him. Clinton is now the establishment choice, and the p̶r̶o̶p̶a̶g̶a̶n̶d̶a̶ media supports her circle and attacks more other candidates.

However, it is KEY to remember that Bill Clinton is NOT running for president; his wife is.... So your argument fails on a level, because you are trying to compare an ACTUAL presidential candidate running NOW, and a non-candidate...

It fails prima facie.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

But Bill will be back in the White House again as First Lady (First Man?) whatever, LOL. But anyway, the point remains. Bill's penis and his cigars will grace the white house once again. He used his power before to commit adultery and turn women into humidors before. I bet he tries again.
edit on 15-10-2016 by Bloodydagger because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Definition: mansplain

VERB
informal (of a man) explain (something) to someone, typically a woman, in a manner regarded as condescending or patronizing:

Source: Oxford English Dictionary.

The OP asked "why are women's groups supporting Clinton." This thread is full of men explaining why women would do that. It would be nice if they would sit back and let the women explain why this is so rather than making up ideas about why a woman would consider this.
edit on 15-10-2016 by Byrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Bloodydagger

Because Clinton represented the progressive narrative. Trump doesn't. In-group preferences and groupthink. Even famed feminist Gloria Steinem defended Clinton.

Feminists and the Clinton Question

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 09:19 AM
link   

LOL, that is reaching.

Ever think that the cause might be because there'd be a conflict of interest because Bill is Hillary's husband? They support Hillary, so naturally, they'll support Billy Boy too. They don't want to indirectly hurt Hillary by also vilifying Billy Boy. So they pull out the ole double standard hypocrite wagon and ride along. Which is very common within politics in general.

Reaching? To compare you to Sarah Palin, who, when once asked what news sources she read on a daily basis she replied "All of them."

I ask you for the specific women's groups your'e referring to and you reply "All." and try to put it on me to prove your claim?

LOL. It may be "reaching" from your perspective, but it's still true.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 09:20 AM
link   

No, its reaching.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

Which women's group are you a part of?

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 09:22 AM
link   

WASHINGTON Groups that advocate for women’s rights are lashing out at Donald Trump for allegations of groping women and bragging about sexual assaults. But some of those same groups did not think former President Bill Clinton’s allegations of sexual misconduct nearly two decades ago were disqualifying in the same way.

At least three women – Juanita Broaddrick, Paula Jones and Kathleen Willey – accused Clinton of unwanted sexual advances. Another five, including White House intern Monica Lewinsky, said they had had consensual affairs with him. Clinton was impeached on charges of lying about the Lewinsky affair before a grand jury and of obstruction of justice, but was acquitted and served his full presidential term.

SOURCE

Read the above and understand the agenda.

It is the same crap the Dems have been playing for years. It is something that the Left will never confess to you. It is the communist manifesto to a TEE. It is the Alinsky model and people are just eating it up. Do a lot of people even know what it is? Or even care?

The question is does her husbands fidelity fit into this. Well on his second term for president these women came out against Billy boy and said rape and abuse. Were they lies or not. As I remember it every media outlet said they were basically tramps. But now, it is Trump and we have to take this seriously. These women are not tramps now. Because they are for the CAUSE...

SMARTEN up. If this was Rubio and not Trump we are discussing, they would have done the same thing to Rubio and it would have been some woman at some time in the past. It is the playbook they use. This is the game they play. Laugh at Billy boy saying well she came on to him and she is a tramp anyway and stick the fork into anyone else who is not for the CAUSE. It is all jokes for them but serious stuff for everyone else. We are better then this. There is a double standard here. WAKE UP!

The media is in bed with the Clinton's. Follow the money trail; it never lies. So no wonder people are coming out of the woodworks and claiming this and that and they have an outlet compassionate to the Hillary cause to express it - and I'm sure each and every one of them are owners of a new company that just made a quarter of a million dollars this year for "consulting" - can you prove the money trail there? Nope, it's been laundered through companies and legal entities controlled by other donors with no direct relation to the Clinton's. White-collar crime at it's finest - hidden bribes that can be deducted as a consulting fee expense on your tax returns and lower your taxes.

You may not know, but it's expected that Trump's entire campaign is a jump-off point for a new Repub-based media/news outlet. This was all speculation, but it's definitely possible, especially with the dollar signs involved. Did you know Geraldo claimed to have numerous tapes like the one released about Trump? They were supposed to be just as degrading and would ruin his chances of winning if aired. When he was pressured to release them, he came out and admitted he didn't have crap. But just that claim alone for the 1 or 2 days is damning enough in the media. People hear it and believe it and it's all bullcrap.

Here's another question that makes the same exact sense for the same exact reasons - Why does the media treat Chelsea and Ivanka differently?!?

Anyway..........

Exactly like rush Limbaugh said. It is about Consent. All of bill clintons credible infidelities were consensual. All the rape allegations were sooo thin as to be ridiculous.

That said these Chics accusing trump are lying as well.

All the fake rape allegations are a disgrace to America..

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 09:24 AM
link   

No, its reaching.

No, it's not.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Bloodydagger

I do not think that it is appropriate to use the failure of a group to lambast one serial sex offender, to shore up the collapsed morality of another.

Both men should be unable to show their faces in public.

Also, it is worth mentioning that Mr Clinton is not in the running for public office at the moment. Having a sex offender in the White House is one thing, finding out that they are after they have already been elected, that is one thing.

Finding out after the official in question has left office, that they are a dirty bastard is yet another thing....

But for a nations population to even CONSIDER voting someone in who ADMITS to being such a pervert that he cannot RESIST just walking up to attractive ladies and frenching them, or grabbing hold of them like a bowling ball prior to a solid strike, is a TOTALLY different issue! Understand this please, if Bill Clinton had been a widely known creep/serial sex offender, to the knowledge of all of America BEFORE his election to the presidency, then that presidency would never have happened at all.

Trump is a widely known creep/serial sex offender, and people know that now, but they are still thinking of voting for him, and for all that you bluster about the left using Saul Alinsky tactics (which are NOT his tactics at all, but issue from elsewhere), the fact is the Trump supporters who are still thinking of voting for him, are using the most STAGGERING hypocrisy imaginable.

Its ALL nonsense, they are BOTH terrible, but only ONE of these men is looking to get elected, and his behaviour ought to make his campaign a dead duck.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat

Well, as to why Trump is "different" in the eyes of some women from Bill Clinton ... perhaps here's another reason:

But Trump has not always spoken so favorably of the Clinton accusers. In fact, the last time they dominated the news, he described the situation as being “from hell” and the accusers as a “really unattractive group.” “I don't necessarily agree with his victims, his victims are terrible,” Trump said during a 1998 interview with Fox News. “He is really a victim himself. But he put himself in that position.” He went on. “The whole group, Paula Jones, Lewinsky, it's just a really unattractive group,” he said. “I'm not just talking about physical.”

Emphasis mine.

LA Times -A 'really unattractive group.' Trump wasn't always so fond of Bill Clinton's accusers

I agree that is probably why Trump is different in the eyes of these women's groups.

It's one thing when your enamy is against you. It's a whole other set of emotions when an ally betrays you. Trump use to be on the liberal side now he has betrayed them ... and that can not be tolerated. They must crush him.

What about threatening to jail reporters and bringing a known liar (Broderick) TO THE PRESIDENTAL DEBATE?!?!

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I overheard a group of four women talking about Bill Clinton and how it was just sex and it was no big deal. This was not long after the story came out while he was in office.
I asked them if they would be OK if their husbands did the same thing.
They shut right the hell up.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Emphasis mine.

Serial sexual predators often choose unattractive women to attack because of the victim's low self esteem.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Keep telling yourself that.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: Byrd

Which women's group are you a part of?

White, cis-gendered, heterosexual female over age 50. (alternatively: white, cis-gendered, feminist, heterosexual, liberal, college-educated female over age 50)

Notice, however, that I didn't hop up with an explanation (yet.) I think that if you want a woman's opinion, you should approach (politely) women that you've interacted with here on ATS and ask them if they would consider contributing to the thread rather than making up ideas of what women think.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

But Bill Clinton and his cigars will be back in the white house again if Hillary gets elected. I guess people keep forgetting about that part. But hey, its okay, because hes a Clinton I guess. And hey, these accusations against Trump are just that, accusations. No proof yet. Its all anecdotal evidence. That is proof of nothing.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join