It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Magnetic Stirling engine

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Bedlam

Just say it. They are bitchin'.

(sheepish look)

I once planned to build a sort of Dr Doom home computer, all plexiglas and LEDs, filled with fluorinert (it was all over the web at the time as Cray quit using it), and cooled to amazingly low temps with a Stirling refrigeration system. You'd have been able to watch the active bits boiling in the tank.

I got the wife look though when I showed her the sketches and that was that.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

You'd have been able to watch the active bits boiling in the tank.

Cool. Sort of like the scrolling ASCII in the Matrix movies.

Kidding. An electronic machine with visible workings would be a beautiful thing. As it is, a lot of air and some little black boxes is kind of disappointing.

I hear W. Gibson was disappointed when he leaned that his computer had moving parts (in the disk drive).

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I don't know if anyone has read about this engine...but it's very interesting. The Enginion EZEE 03...I tried to provide a link but was unsuccessful. It's a 1liter steam engine that produces 220hp
edit on 15-10-2016 by HarryJoy because: Bad link

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 06:34 AM
link   
I'm going to try to provide another link....this engine technology is very fascinating to me....I would love to see it adapted to create a solid fuel pellet fired home heating/power plant. ....

www.adandp.media...'ezee'

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Hey BigBrotherDarkness! I never heard of these guys until running across a funding announcement.

Homepage: LiquidPiston.

The home page has a video showing where they swapped out a go-kart engine and put their 70cc engine that weighs 3 lbs!

Multi-Fuel Capable

Diesel, gasoline, natural gas, JP-8

NextBigFuture - Revolutionary engine maker Liquid Piston seeks commercialization partners after landing $2.5 million DARPA funding for 40HP engine that will be 30 lbs instead of conventional 2700 lbs for diesel.

It is a rotary engine but a "patented high-efficiency hybrid cycle (HEHC) engine" with like two moving parts (or something ridiculous like that)! They are going for 5 to 7 million start up funding. The thing that strikes me is "JP-8" because of another thread here I know it is jet fuel.

Go-kart video

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Hmm well flash point once a motor is up to a specific temperature for whatever fuel; it will autocombust this is why some autos backfire when the timing is off fuel gets shot into the cyclinder before the valves close on them(out of time) in what gets called dieseling due to the same idea of flashpoint as the glowplug heats the cycnder(s) to the temperature to ignite instead of the petro that needs a constant spark at TDC to throw the crank around timed by the lobes and vaves lifting for direct injection, the rings keep the fuel out of the oil pan and the oil out of the combustion cylinder.

It's nice to see a "Hydrolic" driven motor, the cycling of hydro through tubing at a very fast rate builds a static in the flow which can act as an generator to produce either a direct or alternating current of course grounding would bleed that current off instead of keeping it into the cycle, the frame of a vehicle is typical as a huge resistor to bleed of excess current the rectifier keeps that in balance old tech used selenium, the UK used positive as the ground whereas US standard uses negative as ground, the UK standard increases decay due to the polarity it attracts ions to the metal creating the rust cycle or oxidation which is a cancer to metal.

Anti-oxidents in theory remove cancer cells from the body in the creb-cycle, the browning effect is a direct known cause as well in a bio-organism.

Just mentioning the later two for bio-senthetic android production considerations to avoid cell or skin rot from such application. Not sure if you recall but I consider A.I. an actual intellignce.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: BigBrotherDarkness

Hmm well flash point once a motor is up to a specific temperature for whatever fuel; it will autocombust this is why some autos backfire when the timing is off fuel gets shot into the cyclinder before the valves close on them(out of time) in what gets called dieseling due to the same idea of flashpoint as the glowplug heats the cycnder(s) to the temperature to ignite instead of the petro that needs a constant spark at TDC to throw the crank around timed by the lobes and vaves lifting for direct injection, the rings keep the fuel out of the oil pan and the oil out of the combustion cylinder.

Doing a little more reading on this. Of course it is out of MIT! What are they feeding these people??

The engine runs the novel high-efficiency hybrid cycle (HEHC) — developed by [Alexander] Shkolnik and his physicist father, Nikolay — that achieves combustion at constant volume and overexpansion for greater energy extraction. With only two moving parts, a rotor and shaft, and no poppet valves — commonly used in other four-stroke ICEs to control fuel intake — the engine also has reduced noise, vibration, and harshness characteristics, Shkolnik says.

MIT News, Dec. 2014 - Small engine packs a punch.

So they worked on all aspects of the thermodynamic cycle: Otto, Diesel, Atkinson, and Rankine cycles. Instead of the elongated tube of a Diesel they turned the intake and combustion chambers sideways and rotate them! The problem of needing to add oil to the fuel mixture was solved by placing stationary seals that can be oiled directly. As the intake/combustion chambers rotate the combustion chamber stays compressed longer (the article says, "20% increase in efficiency over other ICE"). Anyway, there is a lot ground covered there and is worth the read.

The dad started all of this! The kid was studying computer science and robotics. He took what he learned in robotic engineering and applied it to what his dad was doing. They both had to be schooled in the business side things the article says. But that is where going to MIT pays off. They entered a contest and got support from the business school. They also got financial support from alumni and a couple years later they are about launch.

I think we all know the Otto cycle (PV and T) and I kind of remember the Diesel cycle. I didn't remember the other two but they make sense (even if I did not remember what they were called). So thanks for getting me out of my comfort zone and learn some new engine tech!

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 11:07 PM
link   

You're quite welcome for the inspiration; I'll give you some more fuel for thought that requires none...

Self ropelled car

There is a ton of disinfo on this vehicle the one imaged is not even complete and all text on it obscured why? Well to make petro the same as what was done with free energy from telsa is it is free? Then how can anyone profit for that drug dealer first sample is free comeback?

Ford invented the truck so more people could have liesure time making work much shorter not leave the land miles and miles away sit in traffic yadda yadda yadda.

That old way of self sufficenicy and D.I.Y. I know how to do pretty much all of that sort of thing build and design houses from the ground up; boating/fishing/knots, motors electric/gas, circuitry, pumbling, farming, etc. etc. skills rare to come by and the reasoning is because people are happy to sell their lives out in throw away econimics that end up as huge trash piles in other countries to recycle and sift through... when the ink in a damned printer costs more than a new printer it's what cheaper in the "consumers" mind to throw away, donate, or whatever and get a new printer than keep the old and pay for more ink... lazer printers of course are the better long term option.

But anyway the car mentioned above... it was a clock work mechanism with a belows and gearing the tank compressed air from the bellows as the rope around the axle winded and unwinded based on the upper ratchet system to crank the bellows like coo coo clocks run, this filled the ballon system to spin the wheels and the compressed air tank had a valve to release it like a throttle.

The disinfo said the fellow stopped for fuel perhaps they twisted it into the fuel in his stomach when he stopped to eat... you know how those sorts of things go; truth but umm half the truth for cover and yet retain integrity.

Some of the best engineers always had the curious mind of taking everything apart to see how it worked and functioned that's how I learned keen observation no words needed. Subject and object one and the same thing as one observes what is occuring in the chain of events.

In combustion there is the 3 cycles called suck(air), bang(fire), blow(exhaust).

O course moving into the future? So much economy is tied up and used as an excuse to stay on such old cycles in society as world economics in trade etc. etc. of course this excuse has been used since the industrial revolution, and many places around the world have yet to even have one... they are argragain and yet so much food goes to waste due to standards that they just get thrown away; yet competition says oh we have live stock covered so dont use the excess for livestock production.

Those sorts of countries need monoply of coroprate entities to be ousted... here in the US Mexico is a threat because they have their own brands for things that would compete with US brands the same goes for Canada on a topic of sheet rock and gypsum I had with someone here a few months ago.

So thinking of the world as a factory the corporate interests in various countries need to balance of course when one grows to such great heights(bayer) for instance from aspirin(scrapped willow bark) from the herbology of the natives taken for medicine and pharmaceuticals while the indigienous population was lay to waste in abject suffering... when explorers in Alaska discovered gold mums the word as they bought it from Russia and then took the huge nuggets of gold called placers and formed the first mint to start fueling the economy based on those gold reserves.

Resourceful lil monkeys and devious ones too aren't we? Of course control of resources require control of people and then that also means control of information which requires disinfo/secret agencies, agents and spies on all sides... now if this is to play the people behind all of these lines and no one in government etc really are enemies like wrestling hollywood style being fake? Then talk about a revolt... 1984 the movie was kinda the result of a Hilteresque timeline, experimentation Kafkaesque, etc. etc. so when people are used as one huge experiment then we sort of know how the so called grand design works and the planning that goes on surrounding it without all the lines of demarcation drawn on maps, minds, and in hearts.

Hate doesn't cease by hate... and well brakes on that car is simply a lever as a fulcrum against the spinning wheel as the valve is closed.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join