It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

7 Ways Russia Is Telling People to Prepare for War

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   

With tensions between Russia and the United States at their highest since the Cold War, there have been alarming signs coming out of Moscow that suggest the country is ready for war.

Almost no one believes the Kremlin is actually preparing for a military conflict with the United States. Most analysts instead see it as a show, intended to boost support at home and to deter Western countries from intervening militarily in Syria.
SOURCE

After following this story closely for weeks, I'm getting the impression Russia has no plans for a first strike on the U.S. I believe Russia thinks there is a good chance they are going to be backed into a corner, and they're going to have no choice but to fight back.

Let us never forget the elephant in the room:

Clinton's officially stated foreign policy plan calls for a war with Russia.

As Clinton looks like a lock to be the next POTUS, how foolish would Russia be not to prepare for war with the U.S.?

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

Do you have a official source for that ?

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Fifth thread in two days about war with Russia

Here I'll pose it proper.

NucleaWarwithRussiaIMMINENT!!!

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   

I believe they may be saying things..but not the way its being relayed to us by the MSM.

I was worried until I saw it on DISCLOSETV.COM about Putin calling all Russians to come home....pffffft....

Ill believe it when the sky lights up...or all the power everywhere goes out. Death to the U.S is death to the entire free and not so free world. No point......

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider

Do you have a official source for that ?

Top US General: Hillary's No Fly Zone Strategy Would 'Require' War With Russia

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

If I remember right, Russia calling non-essentials and family back home was one of the warning signs. (during the cold war)

Not saying its imminent, but if they really did its something that bears watching.
edit on 14-10-2016 by Irishhaf because: Forgot words

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I believe that Russia knows a lot more about what the U.S. is planning to do in Syria than the U.S. public knows. Russia knows that if the U.S. continues with its plans for Syria that at a given point in those plans Russia will have no choice but to prevent the plans from progressing any further,so yeah Russia knows that they are going to be backed into a corner which will make a confrontation inevitable if the U.S. continues with it`s present plans for Syria.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

I agree, and I have something to add to that. Why did Russia wait until Syria to draw a line in the sand? Here's what just occurred to me:

Radical Islam's ultimate goal is global hegemony just like the U.S.

Russia may have seen the U.S. tearing up the Middle East as being a good thing for Russia's interests until it got to a point where Russia could be hurt by it. That point is probably Syria.

That is probably why WW3 is at the door.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Agreed. I remember that as well. Its just the "sources" now and the timing...and the breadth of the Internet now a days...and all it conveys. True of not....

Im doubtful. Cautiously optimistic...but not overly worried...yet.

Remember when Nikita Khrushchev took of his shoe and banged hard on the table and said "We will BURY you!'...meaning us? A lot of members dont even know that happened about Nuke war then.

That was 50 years ago

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

That was a little bit before me, but I remember reading about how close it got during the Yom Kipper war, never saw a hint of it in school till I was digging through some obscure books... that was a shock.

I wont say I am sold on the end of days just yet... but if they did call em back... that would concern me.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Why on earth would it be Nuclear? Just because it might be an us vs them scenario does not ultimately conclude it will be a nuclear first option? Zero evidence just hype.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I find it amusing that abc news has resorted to the listicle to deliver news.
"7 reasons why..."
Click bait news from a major outlet...

What have we become?

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Profusion
a reply to: Tardacus

I agree, and I have something to add to that. Why did Russia wait until Syria to draw a line in the sand? Here's what just occurred to me:

Radical Islam's ultimate goal is global hegemony just like the U.S.

Russia may have seen the U.S. tearing up the Middle East as being a good thing for Russia's interests until it got to a point where Russia could be hurt by it. That point is probably Syria.

That is probably why WW3 is at the door.
russia had an ally in ghaddafi, but as libya has no natural resources there was no point defending him.
his capture and murder is their base argument to protect assad, syria dosent have a great deal of natural resources, what is their lays in kurdistan, land disputed between syria, iraq and turkey, along with the kurds that live their.
oh and all planned pipelines tend to go through syria.

radical islam dosent come into it, russia are still bombing chechnya, what we would call 'moderates'.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 08:03 PM
link   
A war about what? Syria? Oh, pleeeeease! There was a clear invasion into Afghanistan in the 80's and nothing happened. Yes, radical islamism was invented to explode muslim territories close to the USSR, but it was left to evolve on its own after while. So, it will die there, eventually, when there will be nothing else to destroy. There needs to be a clear act of hostility of one major player against the other. I would say, it was close when Turkey shot down SU-24, but NATO quickly switched the subject, saying that "We didn't do it! Turkey did it!" Note, that Russia didn't attack Turkey, although they had all the cards. So, don't let this be bothering you too much, ... for now.

P.S. I admit that the proxy wars between USSR, Russia and NATO have been going on since the end of the WWII.
edit on 14-10-2016 by ko3epor because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: stinkelbaum
radical islam dosent come into it

Your definition of "radical Islam" may be different than mine. I believe almost every Muslim state represents radical Islam. Saudi Arabia admits it openly (see the quote directly below). The following information includes some of the worst examples of how Islamic states should be considered the enemy of any freedom-loving, sensible person.

Sheikh Adel Al-Kilbani, former Imam of the Grand Mosque in Mecca, admitted during a television appearance that ISIS merely shares the same beliefs as all Muslims who embrace what is contained in the Koran.

The cleric goes on to suggest that many Muslims agree with the Salafist philosophy behind ISIS, and that the only disagreement is with the way in which that philosophy is acted out from a public relations perspective.
“We do not criticize the thought on which it is based, such as the concept of apostasy,” states Al-Kilbani, suggesting that executions are justifiable for people who leave Islam, but that the “brutal” way in which ISIS kills people, “ruins our image in front of the world.”
“If we execute them in a way what does not show us in a bad light, then that’s fine,” he adds.
Former Grand Mosque Imam: ISIS Shares the Same Beliefs as Us

'Selling' Children Is a Radical Form of Religion

Atheists living in 13 countries risk being condemned to death, just for their beliefs (or non-belief) according to a new, comprehensive report from the International Humanist and Ethical Union out on Tuesday. All 13 countries identified by the study are Muslim majority.

The countries that impose these penalties are Afghanistan, Iran, Malaysia, Maldives, Mauritania, Nigeria, Pakistan, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Sudan, United Arab Emirates and Yemen.
LINK

Here are the 10 countries where homosexuality may be punishable by death:

Yemen, Iran, Mauritania, Nigeria, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Afghanistan, Somalia, Sudan, United Arab Emirates
LINK

edit on 14-10-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Shame that they don't put on a referendum if the public wants war with Russia or the other way around...

Why do we always have to suffer from those lunatics that rule our world ,saying that they are the elected voice of the people. .

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   

No it is'nt, unless you can show me some policy that I have missed?

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

They sent us home from school to be with our families when the Soviets had nuke missiles in and on the way to Havana Cuba. Kennedy gave them an ultimatum and a huge military blockade in the Atlantic, Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico.

90 miles from Florida was just insane...pointed nukes nearing completion. It was 3 days of "we are all gonna die". Even school kids were crying and waiting to see....

And we had Kruschev demanding to be heard at a table banging his shoe "WE WILL BURY YOU!"...but he blinked.

The U.S. did not...they turned around, and dismantled the launchers in Cuba. It was the closest we've ever been.....60 years ago...so this current situation isnt new...just different parameters and players....
edit on 15-10-2016 by mysterioustranger because: add

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: stinkelbaum

russia had an ally in ghaddafi, but as libya has no natural resources there was no point defending him.

How much oil is in Libya? Oil reserves in Libya are the largest in Africa and among the ten largest globally with 46.4 billion barrels (7.38×109 m3) as of 2010. Oil production was 1.65 million barrels per day (262×103 m3/d) as of 2010, giving Libya 77 years of reserves at current production rates if no new reserves were to be found.

Libya has pleanty of natural resources, also its good quality oil, Sweet crude oil

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: blackrabbit1

It depends on if you think HRC plan's for Syria are going to lead to a possibility of confrontation with Russia

Hillary Clinton wants to review US strategy in Syria against Isis and Bashar al-Assad's 'murderous' regime

Hillary Clinton plans to order a full review of the United States’ strategy in Syria as one of her first priorities if elected President. One of her foreign policy advisers, Jeremy Bash, said she would seek to end Bashar al-Assad’s “murderous” regime despite waning political will to oust the autocratic Syrian President. He said dealing with Syria would be Ms Clinton’s “first key task” if elected and she would work to get President Assad “out of there”.

Will Hillary Clinton Lead Us Into Another War in the Middle East?

In Libya, former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton showed herself to be quick to use the American military without thinking about what comes next. As the decisive voice pushing the Obama administration to war, Clinton had no serious plan for a post-Qaddafi Libya, a point driven home forcefully once again in a New York Times cover story on Sunday. Libya was not the first time she endorsed a U.S. military operation in the Middle East without thinking ahead: Clinton voted for the invasion of Iraq in 2003. She has shown repeatedly that she did not learn the lessons of Iraq, and has yet to admit to the failure of Libya.

edit on 15-10-2016 by CatandtheHatchet because: fix links

new topics

top topics

join