It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Great Barrier Reef dead at 25 million

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 11:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Noinden

You must have a reall isssue with your self -esteem ?

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: tikbalang

Non what so ever. I'm just confident I know more than you about the subjects we've interacted in.

You have a modus operandi of disagreeing with people, and claiming them frauds, but never showing that they are. Why would that be I wonder? Perhaps to try and seem knowledgeable. After all you tried to set yourself up as a guru in another thread, and when challenged threw your toys in a tantrum

SO I return to the fact.

You have been shown to be wrong on Australians "killing" the GBR, and you ow an apology in the the thread. Or you are a liar.

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Ill stick with that they are bleaching the reef..

In case you missed a Guru is a spiritual leader/guide, where did you find anything remotely close to that in all my posts?
You should stick to chemistry... The rest, i believe you should leave alone..

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: tikbalang

Again prove that it is the Australians who are doing it, as YOU implied.

As for the Guru ... you sell yourself as an expert in things esoteric, and then can't back it up.

I return to this thread:

You need to prove the Australians are the cause of the die off in the GBR. Or you owe them an apology.

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Gah, the article was pretty much proven to be false and blown out of proportion but people will cling to any hope that all is doomed because not everyone shops at whole foods.

Oh yeah, well maybe you didn't see THIS!See? The earth is deading!!
Polution causes mass death of wildlife!!

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Lice000

Well it IS an internet site, so people don't always have the best critical thinking skills.

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Noinden

Well it IS an internet site, so people don't always have the best critical thinking skills.

In my experience everyone turns into Sherlock Holmes when met with opposition, but if you tell them what they want to hear- they are all ears.

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Of course they do. It is a shame that Sherlock Holmes is a poor example of deductive reasoning in ANY of his incarnations

Given we had the media report recently we just passed "permanently" an atmospheric Carbon level of doom, these sorts of posts are going to happen. Now have we borked the environment? YES. Should we try to fix it? YES? But the game is not over until the whistle

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   
*Sigh*

This kind of garbage is why scientific news gets no coverage.
You see a headline that says "OMFG the Great Barrier Reef is Dead!!1!!!
". Then you read the article and find out that, no, it's not dead. It like when you see an article whose headline implies that life has been found on Mars, and then when you read the article they're just saying that it's theoretically possible that liquid water might still be there, somewhere.

I get that the scientists are trying to build interest, but they don't seem to realize that they're killing their own credibility with headlines that are deceptive, or in many cases outright lies.

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: swanne
a reply to: Bloodydagger

Um, according to the same article,

The research showed that “22 percent of the coral on the reef died due to the worst mass bleaching event on record.”

So the coral reef is actually 22% dead. 78% of the coral is still surviving.

Sure, it's bad, I mean optimally 100% of the organisms that build up the coral should be alive, but saying that "all of the population is dead" when actually 22% of it has bleached is a bit of an exaggeration.

I smell a tad of sensationalism.

yes, again bad journalism with no facts just scare.

Also bleaching doesn't mean dead.
It wouldn't be the first reef that recovers from bleaching.

I believe bleaching is more of a survival mechanism

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   
The New Zealand Register is reporting that the great barrier reef is what is actually causing global warming.

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: AshFan

Speaking as a Kiwi ... what the hell is "the New Zealand Register"?

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   

The leading NZ newspaper in the world where NZ is west of Australia.

posted on Oct, 17 2016 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Ahh, its that damn Mandela effect again? I wish Nelson had made his mind up in all timelines to die on the same date

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join