It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Executive Order -- Coordinating Efforts to Prepare the Nation for Space Weather Events

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Krystian

Best news I've heard all year...bury the power lines..I live in the northeast this would help mitigaye the damage from snow storms regarding power outages...awesome!!!!

I know george norey has a guest on that has worked with Newt Gungrich to pass something for some time or at least provided awareness..
edit on 14-10-2016 by chrismarco because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Although it is dated better fact check as I read this a few weeks ago... still, interesting none the less...

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: chrismarco

Yes good ole boy George is all about fixing the grid networks. makes sense as if it goes down he is out of business.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Burying power lines would not reduce the effects of geomagnetic storms on the grid. Earth's magnetic field does not stop at ground level and it is the fluctuations of that field which are problematic.

But it would indeed help against atmospheric weather (as opposed to space weather) damage.

edit on 10/14/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   
"Space weather"

take cover!

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Wasn't this similar to the most recent Agents of SHIELD episode, with EMPs used to attack several large cities?

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Wasn't this similar to the most recent Agents of SHIELD episode, with EMPs used to attack several large cities?

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Or it is false flag event coming. You remember that they have installed smart meters now they can shut down eveyone's power with a flip of a switch. It is a lot easier to control people if they are scared. Just a thought. a reply to: smurfy

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks
probably because he has a lot of free time now that all our jobs are being sent overseas and the manufacturing base is on life support.the only commerce that he has to oversee is America importing everything.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage
not to mention the huge expense of locating and repairing/replacing problems in buried power lines.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 06:52 PM
link   

O, I would love to have underground lines here in south jersey!!!! I'm back in the woods, in an old 100 yr. old 3rd generation home, on a dead end street. I swear, the # of times our old transformers blow, is ridiculous!!!! Literally! It's like I live down a small forgotten street, it's so annoying! It's so bad, I actually have the electric co. On SPEED DIAL on my cell!!
edit on 10/14/16 by j.r.c.b. because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
The fact That we're debating what it may be means that our government is incompetent. It needs to be replaced.

The need to debate is based on what is given, and there is a lot there. No harm intended, but your debate is for another realm.
I'll say this, the OP is deceptive, since it would have been nice just to quote the linked headline without the incoming bit, that wasn't there.
In April 2016 there was a high end symposium that discussed all this,
extract,
"2013 report, Lloyd's of London, the insurance market, put the population at risk of a massive storm at "between 20-40 million with durations up to 1-2 years," depending "largely on the availability of spare replacement transformers." The cost of such a recovery would range between $600 billion and $2.6 trillion." (I could guess that figure to be way out low if any big hits were in the vicinity of any high-end military establishment)
phys.org...
I guess though it impressed a lot of people enough and rightly so, and all the parameters as given in the EO are there.
I haven't read all that was discussed there and the implications, but at least the US President has acted on it as an imperative, so you should give credit for such an initiative.
Ironically, there was actually a solar storm on the 13th, described as G2 moderate and visual aurora to the eye, however the OP doesn't even mention that?
I'd even go on to say there was possibly damage, since where I am we had a severe electrical storm with one house struck, burned, and damaged and at least one intermediate transformer causing a blackout in another town.
Circumstances here, very dry with a little rain..(damp) and a dirty East wind at times, (particulates) may have caused that on their own, or perhaps a little help from the solar storm..the electric storm went on all night and the next morning which is very rare. I can't say that with conviction, however scientist could possibly make a correlation relative to weather conditions on the ground at the time, even better if there is a combined effort as laid out in the EO. Whatever, your current President is no dozer.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlubberyConspiracy

Hope I'm wrong.
Hillary literally can't beat devil groper KKK carnival barker nose picker coc aine sniffer hitler. And team Michelle, Barack, Warren, Sanders (prisoner), Bill, Algore, MSM, NY Times, Wash Post, Huff Post, AP, Facebook, Google and Twitter, CIA, Bilberbergs, still aren't enough along with REDS UNDER THE BEDS SCARE to make anyone in their right mind want to swallow a Hillary presidency.

That's funny, howvever,

Somebody needs to swallow something!

edit on 14-10-2016 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I think Obama's Order is a smart move, and should have been done long ago.

In 2012 we only just missed a solar flare of comparable magnitude to the Carrington Event, that would have stomped on civilisation to such a degree that the Amish community would now the new one per cent, from selling post-electricity survival tips.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Unless I'm wrong, this executive order officially legalizes the government's plans to implement joint operations and management on a national level under stated scenario. They have to formalize it.

So many times I've come across statements about the elite being certain the sun is going to have a major series of episodes "soon" which will knock out technology, etc., on Earth and that a similar solar event happens periodically on a very long-term cycle. They're expecting it. Preparing for it. It's one of the reasons vast amounts of resources have disappeared underground to supply the underground cities and hide-outs.

For those who think this is hogwash, you'll have your proof when it happens.

edit on 15-10-2016 by tweetie because: spelling.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: tweetie

There's very probably a considerable degree of truth in what you're saying. Concern about solar flares is a pretty recent thing, and major governments the world over have vast numbers of underground complexes left over from the Cold War, just waiting to be de-mothballed and populated.

Frankly the PTB would be seriously inept if they hadn't put those two ideas together already, certainly in the last decade or so.

And solar flares do follow a pretty predictable cycle. The 2012 grid-killer was predicted, for example (even though no-one foresaw the magnitude). I think (but haven't checked) that coronal ejections are related to the sun-spot cycle, which is I think 11 years long.

If the PTB are being secretive about this, then that's probably because they are secretive about absolutely anything touching on National Security, for obvious reasons. Not wanting to panic the population might be part of it, but a far smaller concern. As demonstrated during the Cold War, the elites take a 'let 'em fry' attitude to most of us. As long as there are enough workers left to reinstall a new feudal form of capitalism, they just look at the rest of us as unfortunate statistics.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: audubon

There's very probably a considerable degree of truth in what you're saying. Concern about solar flares is a pretty recent thing, and major governments the world over have vast numbers of underground complexes left over from the Cold War, just waiting to be de-mothballed and populated.

You seem to be confusing solar flares with CMEs and geomagnetic storms. Solar flares are pretty harmless, except for satellite communications. There is no reason to go underground because of a solar flare. Or a CME, for that matter.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 10/15/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Yes, sorry, wasn't being precise there. As you can see from my previous post, I was using 'flare' and 'CME' interchangeably. The two phenomena are often linked, but to be quite accurate the two terms refer to different things.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: audubon

And neither implies any reason for going underground.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   

It does if being underground provides EMF-shielded protection for stand-by electrical equipment necessary for running a just-about-functioning nation, that won't get knocked out by a solar storm. Which was certainly the case during the Cold War and was the point I thought was being discussed in connection with solar storm activity.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join