It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

With 60 Years of Data and 3000 Studies, Australia Declares Fluoride ‘Completely Safe’

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 08:37 AM
link   
For a change from the political madness, how about some fluoridation madness?

Not really madness though, more like "yep, told you so".

A comprehensive study by the National Health and Medical Research Council of Australia have found fluoride in potable water to be safe for consumption, in optimum levels. The study saw that fluoridation had no link with low IQ, cancer, or any other perceived health risks.

The article also mentions the study carried out in China where fluoride levels were at a level not safe for human consumption, and therefore misleading and incorrect, another I told you so moment, sorry.

futurism.com...

Anywho, discuss/dismiss at your will!

edit on 14/10/16 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

60 years wasted.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I am not surprised.
In the land where tiny octopi are deadly, a cornucopia of spiders can cause quick demise, cute little crosses between ducks and teddy bears that have venomous spurs, and god knows how many species of deadly snakes....
fluoride probably seems fairly innocuous.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 08:55 AM
link   
My father grew up in an unincorporated principality outside of a small incorporated municipality which served as the county seat in the panhandle of Texas where my mother lived...

Fluorinated water was available in the town where my mother grew up 4 miles away and not in the water with my father did…
Every single person in what was called electric city where my father lived had massive dental problems despite caring for them with regular dentist visits..

This small microcosm is obvious proof of fluorides necessity in dental formation…

In Texas, we have an epidemic of immigrants who grew up outside of America where fluoride is not infused into the water and their enamel is soft and degraded and dental problems extensive..

This is a fact and you need only walk into an ER in Texas and you will see immigrant children lining the rooms with full dental reconstructions...

Fluoride is an imperative and I would implore anybody with children to use tapwater as opposed to bottled water especially during early childhood..

-Chris

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 08:58 AM
link   
It was outlawed where i live in Queensland in 2013.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

A comprehensive study by the National Health and Medical Research Council of Australia have found fluoride in potable water to be safe for consumption, in optimum levels. The study saw that fluoridation had no link with low IQ, cancer, or any other perceived health risks.

The article also mentions the study carried out in China where fluoride levels were at a level not safe for human consumption, and therefore misleading and incorrect, another I told you so moment, sorry.

futurism.com...

If flouride is so successful I wonder why it's not available in tablet form? Most people drink bottled water that is not flouridated such as myself..are we to believe that flouridating the water to be used for brushing is adequate to promote optimal oral care or is it simply the toothpaste.

Why waste the cities money on flouride when people rely on toothpaste for their protection.

Most people look at you sideways when you say tap water is fine...

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: chrismarco

The public school that I attended in the 1960's was part of a government program that gave us fluoride pills in the morning on every school day. I had them for at least 4 years.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Tap water is not fine and fluoride that is put in our water supply is a byproduct of nitrite fertilizer production, ie: Toxic Waste. This article and study is horse#.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 09:18 AM
link   

They must had missed this

This so-called fluorosilicic acid is actually composed of many elements and compounds. NSF has reported that various tanker loads of so-called fluorosilicic acid have contained and therefore can be expected to contain the following partial list of ingredients: fluorosilicic acid, fluoride ion, hydrogen fluoride, lead, arsenic, mercury, cadmium, chromium, copper, thallium, selenium, and barium. NSF admitted in 2008 that some tanker loads emit beta radiation.
www.fluoride-class-action.com...

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 09:21 AM
link   

futurism.com...

Suggest you duck! THis is one of those issues based on anecdotes by the anti flouride folks (as the evidence clearly proves). Just like the anti vac anecdotes.

I am particularly amused about tap water vs bottled water. I don't know about the States but over here in the UK, the regulations about quality and content are far stricter on tap water than bottled water! OMG! Hilarious.

I drank flouridated water throughout my childhood and I very rarely have a problem with my teeth. In fact I am having a check up on Monday (free by the way NHS, Scotland) after 4 years! Just forgot and my teeth are perfectly fine.

I'm fully vaccinated as well. Jesus H what sort of mad healthy denture free bugger am I at 58.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Did the studies show any benefits and if so what were the benefits?

Its one thing to show small enough levels of poison won't hurt you. Its another to show that levels of poison that are small enough yield benefits. If I told someone I had a substance that is good for your teeth and therefore we should put it in the water supply I'd be immediately dismissed as mentally insane. But none the less, I would not automatically dismiss claims I consider to be idiotic at best.
edit on 14-10-2016 by wayforward because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 09:47 AM
link   
So I guess the Material Safety Data Sheet on Sodium fluoride should just be ignored then.
MSDS

Your Government should be trusted in all things, they know whats best for you.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: chrismarco

futurism.com...

If flouride is so successful I wonder why it's not available in tablet form? Most people drink bottled water that is not flouridated such as myself..are we to believe that flouridating the water to be used for brushing is adequate to promote optimal oral care or is it simply the toothpaste.

Why waste the cities money on flouride when people rely on toothpaste for their protection.

Most people look at you sideways when you say tap water is fine...

It IS available in tablet form. As a child, when I was on well water, we were told to take them.

I don't trust the stuff. We don't need flouride for our teeth- we need to stop consuming so much sugar- it's doing to our bodies what it does to our teeth. Flouride just happens to protect teeth.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   
haha fluoride.

yes, the fluoride ion REPLACES the calcium ion in bones and teeth......it does make them harder....it also makes them BRITTLE.

oh....and since we can prove that fluoride DOES have a noticeable effect on hard tissue (bone,teeth) shouldnt we be concerned about what its doing to soft tissue?

be that as it may.....people are free to believe whoever they want. I choose to believe my intuition....its served me rather well....and my intuition says dont trust huge groups of any kind....they almost always have a self serving agenda that puts their consumers at a disadvantage.

the only teeth ive lost have been teeth the dentists drilled out so much there was little tooth material left.

Dentist, like doctors, should be visited as little as possible. Mostly they just make things worse or find things that arent even there to medicate or treat you for.

I have numerous health practitioners in my family including doctors and nurses and they are all keenly aware of the low standard of care in most medical settings by all but the most exacting health care professionals, which sadly are in rather short supply.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64
So I guess the Material Safety Data Sheet on Sodium fluoride should just be ignored then.
MSDS

Your Government should be trusted in all things, they know whats best for you.

MSDS info refers to the safe handling of the neat 100% material, not the parts per million concentrations typically found in fluorinated water or toothpaste. It is misleading to extrapolate acute and chronic health affects that can occur from handling the former when dealing with the latter.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   
DDT is now MODERATELY toxic...like Monsanto's products..acsh.org...
So speaks OBAMA'S EPA.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I can confirm that fluoride definitely affects the brain. After living in Portland, OR where by city government decree no fluoride is added to the water, I'm now a supporter of HEAVY fluoridation of all water supplies. Even rain if we can get that done somehow. If there's even a small chance the brain damage I've witnessed in Portland has to do with taking the fluoride out of the water, we can't take that risk.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

See, this is the madness I spoke of.

Your ignorant post garners multiple stars, yet the one explaining to you why it's wrong gets none.

posted on Oct, 14 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: 191stMIDET

3000 studies are you say?

Bet you'll cling to the single one that (wrongly) says water fluoridation is bad though, won't you?

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 03:51 AM
link   

With 60 Years of Data and 3000 Studies, Australia Declares Fluoride ‘Completely Safe’

I wonder if the tooth paste makers rang up the aus govt and said" A, if you dont say this, and our sales drop, we'll regard that as a restraint on trade in which case we will take you to our court in TPP. The TPP will then and either issue you with cease and desist order, or we will e issue you with a daily fine of $xxk per day to make up for our losses.

So you gotta choice, either issue this finding or pay us under the TPP which way are going jump?.

top topics

join