It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google searches for 'write-in' are off the charts

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Related searches to "write-in," according to Google Trends, largely focus on two politicians, Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders and Pence, the Indiana Republican. Searches for "is Bernie Sanders a write in candidate" spiked 2,750% in the last week while searches for "write in Mike Pence" spiked 2,400% in the last week.
I found this article interesting. It seems like more and more Americans are fed up with this election. Some of the states mentioned here are supposed to be either solidly Democratic or Republican.

I'm not sure what will happen if everyone writes in a candidate of their choice. I would like posters who know more about the Electoral College to advise on what can happen if most people end up not voting for either one. I really don't know how that would work. I know it's likely rigged and all that , but .. What if? Is it possible that neither one can win if we all write in someone else?

As of Wednesday evening, three of the top market searches for "write-in" came in solidly Democratic states: Vermont, Delaware and New Jersey. Utah, a reliably red state that no Democrat has won since Lyndon B. Johnson; and Indiana, home to Republican vice presidential nominee Mike Pence, round out the top five.
www.cnn.com...

edit on 13-10-2016 by EchoesInTime because: link

edit on 13-10-2016 by EchoesInTime because: added

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: EchoesInTime

You never know, this might be the year for a 3rd party to win.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: WilburnRoach

It would be great if someone else could win. But I don't know who it would be. Everyones write in votes would be different. But i guess it would take votes away from both candidates and shake things up.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: WilburnRoach

Lol!!

I am loving the optimism.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: EchoesInTime
a reply to: WilburnRoach

It would be great if someone else could win. But I don't know who it would be. Everyones write in votes would be different. But i guess it would take votes away from both candidates and shake things up.

I have been praying for that to happen.

I almost don't care who the alternate person is right now. We just need to send the message.

Let's just pick a viable candidate, and we all just write their name in.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I know I'm voting for Abraham Lincolns corpse, I encourage you all to do the same

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   
You know what? RIGHT YOURSELF IN! Thats right, vote for yourself to be President of the United States! Take back your power that you gave away to these sociopathic douchebags by voting for their ilk for all these years!

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantumgamer1776

My write in will most likely be Bill Murrary. But Abe Lincoln would be good too.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Writing in Spong Bob.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   
No need to write in - Gary Johnson is on the ballot in each and every state, I believe.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: WilburnRoach

I think 2020 is more likely to see a surge in 3rd party support.

If we make it that far that is.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   
This is a good thing.

Yeah, maybe a 3rd party can get the 10 or 15% needed for FEC support. But there's no chance for a win this time, maybe next time.

Gary Johnson is controlled opposition.

I have no idea who I'm going to write in yet. Maybe Christopher Walken. That would be interesting.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

Yeah, maybe a 3rd party can get the 10 or 15% needed for FEC support. But there's no chance for a win this time, maybe next time.

I agree but we can send a loud message if we can show any semblance of unity.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: HUMBLEONE
You know what? RIGHT YOURSELF IN! Thats right, vote for yourself to be President of the United States! Take back your power that you gave away to these sociopathic douchebags by voting for their ilk for all these years!

Thought about this long and hard- but I'm not over the age of 35, so I don't meet the requirements.

What we need is some sort of centralized media source that everyone has access to (lol) to get the world out- it doesn't matter who we vote for as long as the majority vote is for someone who isn't one of the two primaries. A cat, santa, anyone. #- make it me.
I'm entirely unqualified to be president, which means I'd probably be the best president in the last fifty years. Anything I didn't know anything about, I'd bring in experts- and I'd sponsor a national voting system where all citizens have a voice about national laws, rather than just letting the corporations decide what's best for us.

I guess in the end, writing myself in doesn't help- since I'd be the only person to vote for me. Whoever wins can still win with just a hundred votes- as long as they get the most. Of course, that's assuming it isn't rigged to the point where votes don't matter, which I'm convinced it is.

The only thing I can think of is figuring out which third party the most people are writing in and go with that flow. Bernie, maybe- even though I don't agree with a lot of his stances and I don't consider him a third party anyway (obviously should have been the nominee, but it was rigged) - it's not quite a third party, but it's more third party than not, which might open the flood gates for next time.

Sigh.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

Yeah, maybe a 3rd party can get the 10 or 15% needed for FEC support. But there's no chance for a win this time, maybe next time. Gary Johnson is controlled opposition.

Last I checked it was only 5%. The 15% is the nominal number for the Presidential Debate Committee, which is ran by the Democratic and Republican parties jointly, to allow someone to participate in national debates. Although, they have the ability to allow a third party if it suits them. They let Ron Paul debate with 11% because both major parties thought it would help them. Now, both parties are scared that Johnson will siphon votes, so he is not allowed to debate.

So, yes voting third party does accomplish something. It helps a third party be more viable in future elections, as well as helping to get lower ticket third party candidates some needed attention. That is the real key, start getting third party persons into Congressional seats and then go for the big chair.

So voting third party is actually more beneficial than writing in a candidate.

But if you still decide to write-in your vote . . . remember, Pete for Prez!

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

The only thing I can think of is figuring out which third party the most people are writing in and go with that flow. Bernie, maybe- even though I don't agree with a lot of his stances and I don't consider him a third party anyway (obviously should have been the nominee, but it was rigged) - it's not quite a third party, but it's more third party than not, which might open the flood gates for next time.

Bernie, Jill. It doesn't matter to me, as long as the person we are voting for is "NOT" Hillary or Donald.

They have brainwashed us and convinced most of us that the Emperor wears ermine, and we all know it is a lie. The Emperor is naked.

We can do this. We may not be able to bring down the house, but we can shake the roof.

edit on 13-10-2016 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

I agree with you 100%

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: blood0fheroes
No need to write in - Gary Johnson is on the ballot in each and every state, I believe.

He is my favorite idiot to vote for

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

I guess in the end, writing myself in doesn't help- since I'd be the only person to vote for me. Whoever wins can still win with just a hundred votes- as long as they get the most. Of course, that's assuming it isn't rigged to the point where votes don't matter, which I'm convinced it is.

It doesn't quite work that way either. Our president is neither elected by popular vote nor majority. The nominee must receive 270 electoral votes. That does not guarantee an election of either major candidate.

If a 3rd party candidate can get even 5 electoral votes, they can prevent both the other candidates from reaching the magic number. This can be done by splitting electoral votes in a state like Nebraska or winning out right in states like Utah or Alaska, etc...

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   

I like this guy... anyone with me?

Laurence Kotlikoff

top topics

<<   2 >>

join