It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Debate watchers batter Trump piñata outside St. Louis restaurant

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 07:38 AM
link   

ST. LOUIS — A crowd of St. Louis residents watched Donald Trump debate Hillary Clinton on TV at the Yaquis on Cherokee pizzeria Sunday night, then went outside and pummeled a piñata made in Trump's likeness with a baseball bat.

Trump piñatas are nothing new to restaurant owner Francis Rodriguez. In fact, Sunday evening marked the fourth time Rodriguez commissioned a Trump piñata for residents of Cherokee Street to "thump" since last fall.

Rodriguez has previously held Trump piñata events on the two most recent Mexican Independence days and on Cinco de Mayo this year. Cara Spencer, alderman of St. Louis' 20th ward, has attended all four events and said they bring together community members and small business owners on Cherokee Street.

Rodriguez said the street, in combination with the Gravois Park neighborhood, is a "center for state progressive politics."

"This was a symbolic action for members to take in a primarily Hispanic business district," Spencer said. "It's very common to have a piñata here, and it's not as offensive as some might think. It's a lot of fun for the crowd."

Debate watchers batter Trump piñata outside St. Louis restaurant

Ok... so let me get this straight… If I were to have built a giant Obama piñata on my street in Texas and my neighbors all came over and we beat it with sticks would it simply be viewed as a funny, non-politically inflaming activity??

My guess is that my neighbors and I would've been brought up on charges of inciting lynching or some other concocted hate crimes brought on by the offending of fragile liberal minds born of faux outrage and an adherence to oppression which would crush all those who question their Infallible rulers as conservatives are want to do...
Because we all know evil conservatives are born of unnlightened Neanderthalic sensibilities with dangerous predilictions..

-Chris
edit on 13-10-2016 by Christosterone because: iPad speech to text can't understand my Texas accent

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Christosterone

A pinata os just a pinata. Really.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 07:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

I agree...but would a piñata of Obama be just an piñata...
We both know the answer to that

-Chris

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 07:44 AM
link   
It is- but if its a pinata of a black guy I betcha it's considered racist- and if it were a pinata of a clinton/bush you'd have a sudden bout of suicide.

Just pay attention to who you can and can't criticize and you'll get a good picture of who runs things around here.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Oh HELL NO.

If Trump followers were to do this to a Hillary pinata, there'd be howls of indignation across the internet by butthurt Liberals.
Double standard much?

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Christosterone

I agree...but would a piñata of Obama be just an piñata...
We both know the answer to that

-Chris

I know the answer. I do not think you do.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 07:45 AM
link   

I'd get a Hillary piñata, but I'd probably offend ISIS.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 07:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

Oh HELL NO.

If Trump followers were to do this to a Hillary pinata, there'd be howls of indignation across the internet by butthurt Liberals.
Double standard much?

You are making up double standards from a hypothetical.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Your instincts are correct.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 07:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I'd get a Hillary piñata, but I'd probably offend ISIS.

DBCowboy, you are an American treasure!!
Never change!!!

Your fan in perpetuity,
Chris

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 07:49 AM
link   

puñeta' you mean. Poor Vatican brainwashed indigenous people. Only thing I can really suggest is to take a leap of faith like Teal'c did.

Seriously

Huh?

Exactly

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Trump is a white male predator, well according to all the women coming out of the woodwork in the last 24 hours.

I wouldn't expect much sympathy to go Trump's way.

I am not condoning what these people have done, in fact I believe it juvenile behaviour. I agree that if it was a piñata of Obama or Clinton, then accusations of racism and sexism would no doubt be thrown around.

The Establishment want Clinton to be POTUS and what the Establishment wants, the Establishment gets. It's bigger than any of us and it is far too late to do anything about it in this election cycle.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: superluminal11

puñeta' you mean. Poor Vatican brainwashed indigenous people. Only thing I can really suggest is to take a leap of faith like Teal'c did.

Seriously

Huh?

Exactly

Oh. My. God. Teal'c with a pinata. Poor pinata! Poor candy inside the pinata. Poor anyone pelted and bludgeoned by pinata candy shrapnel. They must, must, must have a reunion just to film this.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978
Trump is a white male predator, well according to all the women coming out of the woodwork in the last 24 hours.

I am not condoning what these people have done, in fact I believe it juvenile behaviour. I agree that if it was a piñata of Obama or Clinton, then accusations of racism and sexism would no doubt be thrown around.

The Establishment want Clinton to be POTUS and what the Establishment wants, the Establishment gets. It's bigger than any of us and it is far too late to do anything about it in this election cycle.

I can't remember the location, but something extremely similar happens in a town/village in the UK on an annual basis and the targets are usually the queen, the prime minister of the day and anyone else they wish to batter an effigy of and then set on fire. I don't recall anyone ever getting arrested though and yet we are one of the countries that apparently don't allow free speech.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Someone should start a business that makes and sells political figure pinatas from all over the world. that way everyone can get the one of the politicians they hate. Society will have to develop an understanding that the race, and gender of the politician piñata is irrelevant to the symbolism of the act of smashing the effigy. The point is to smash the piñata of the SPECIFIC politician based on he or she's character and actions.

That would be the fairest solution to this thread. But then again its not like people are gonna just accept the fact that it could be that easy.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

Oh HELL NO.

Double standard much?

WAPo would have 32 articles about it before lunch....
edit on 13-10-2016 by Orionx2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 08:18 AM
link   

I would hope he isn't a black male predator, unless I am seriously missing something.

As for the rest...this is about a pinata. Not the great conspiaracy of TPTB.

Truthfully, it's not very nice to bat the cariacture of a real person with a stick. Even Trump. I doubt I would buy a Trump pinata.

However, the OP is stating there would be more iof a backlash depending on who the pinata depicted, but is creating their own backlash about a pinata of their own. That is really a little confusing.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: uncommitted

There are many villages, towns and cities where they will beat and burn effigies.

I've never been one to indulge in such nonsense, but each to their own.

As for free speech, thankfully that is alive and well currently.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Nobody in St. Louis takes the Gravois Park area where this happened seriously. Most St. Louisans frequent the restaurants that don't make them sick and employ documented workers. That is a dangerous part of town that is pretty insulated. It will implode soon enough, then the incidences of car jacking and burglary will rise.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 08:33 AM
link   

I would hope he isn't a black male predator, unless I am seriously missing something.

As for the rest...this is about a pinata. Not the great conspiaracy of TPTB.

Truthfully, it's not very nice to bat the cariacture of a real person with a stick. Even Trump. I doubt I would buy a Trump pinata.

However, the OP is stating there would be more iof a backlash depending on who the pinata depicted, but is creating their own backlash about a pinata of their own. That is really a little confusing.

The point wasn't missed by me, I am confused as to why you think it was.

I agree with the O.P as I stated.

I also added the fact that the Establishment had ordained Clinton well before last U.S Election, but I appreciate she is your woman, so apologies if your feelings have been hurt by that.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join