It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guy explains flat Earth theory convincingly and how round earth proof aren't absolute

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 04:41 AM
link   

He gives a convincing talk that the common "proofs" that we have for a round Earth (For e.g
a shadow casting on a stick at different places can be explained if the Sun was not million of miles
away and much closer).

I like to believe the the Earth is round, but I would have to side him that the "proofs"
we have for a round earth aren't actually proofs if we used a Flat Earth model with much closer
stars and sun as explained in the video.

Anyone with a deeper understanding of the subject care to explain, and is there absolute proof that
the Earth is round?

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 04:46 AM
link   
a reply to: icyboy771z

Anyone with a deeper understanding of the subject care to explain, and is there absolute proof that
the Earth is round?

Polaris completely debunks a flat earth.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 04:51 AM
link   

I actually enjoy watching flat earth arguments (even thought I dont believe in a flat earth), as these arguments are in my opinion a healthy exercise for the mind.

As a proponent of a round earth myself, however, I think that one of the biggest proofs is the fact that the Earth casts a round shadow on the Moon during lunar eclipses. I've seen it with my own eyes, the Earth's shadow is very round indeed. Additionally, if everything (the Moon, the Sun) were on the same side of a flat earth, then we would never have lunar eclipses. If the moon would indeed go on the underside of a flat earth, we would never see the full moon as we would be inhabiting the upper face.

Nice propositions nonetheless, S+F!

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Yes there is absolute proof. Our satellites would be incapable of orbiting a disc shaped world, because its gravity well would be so improbably shaped as to render stable orbit totally impossible. Further to that, we have the way the dawn breaks across the world. It breaks at a steady, but rapid pace, across the entire surface of the earth. If the planet were a disk, it would be as if a switch had been flipped, but as it is the steady progression of the terminator across its surface is testament to its curvature, its even curvature.

Then you have the fact that even flat earth believers have been known to say that they "have supporters all around the world. Dead giveaway.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Are you serous?

Get yourself a weather ballon and attach a camera to it:
www.stratoflights.com...

Want see it it with you own eyes?

Book a flight in a MiG:
29mig.com...
www.rusadventures.com...

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Well I'm not going to waste 28min on a flat earth video, sure I am no scientist or have proof like some pics on my Iphone. All other planets and orbital bodies like moons we have observed are round, I would think it"s safe to assume that the planet we live on is round too.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 05:12 AM
link   
a reply to: swanne

The earth casts a shadow every night, except for full moons so you don´t need a lunar eclipse, almost every night it´s proof.
edit on 13-10-2016 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 05:14 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

It remain's a matter of perspective, the dimensional and reality perspective of the observer.

For example a being living in a higher dimension may regard your own view of the earth as a sphere (ok flattened sphere due to centrifugal force on the equator of the planet as well as the effect of the solar system's own equator) as utterly preposterous when in fact it is far more complex than a sphere.

And even in our own common dimensional perspective to presume we are all living in the same dimension with roughly similar senses it is not actually a sphere, or flat but is rather nobbly and rough shaped just roughly spherical in shape.

So all opinion's are both valid and invalid, correct and a incorrect.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 05:16 AM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

Except we don't see this shadow unless it's cast unto something, eh?

I am speaking about evidence that the OP can verify by himself.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 05:29 AM
link   

I've flown around the world, starting in the UK to Japan, then from Japan to LAX, then from LAX to Ottawa, then to the UK.

And in the same direction - East.

It's round. Not flat. Or hollow. Only the heads of the people who perpetuate this idea are.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 05:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767
For example a being living in a higher dimension...

We're talking about science and fact here, not made up stuff.

We have a plethora of evidence proving the Earth is round and not flat.

There is no evidence of beings living in higher dimensions. That's pure conjecture.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 05:36 AM
link   

a shadow casting on a stick at different places can be explained if the Sun was not million of miles
away and much closer).

yes it CAN but all the other observations falsifiy this delusion

as has been explained in every science based rebuttal of this fantasty - the sun would have to be at a distance of 3000km to " fulfill " this delusion

which immeditatly brings up an observation that falsify the premise :

1 - lack of parralax - ie from poits 10000km apart zero parralax of the sun or moon can be resolved by the human eye

you cannot have it both ways - the spheriod model fits ALL observations - the flat earth delusion cherrypicks and special pleades its way through a forrest of gibberish contradictions

amd of course POLARIS
as previously mentioned

i do mean to be rude _ but if you find this idiocy " convincing " _ its a sad reflection on your scientific literacy

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 05:40 AM
link   
I can't watch the video but I like to stay open minded about this sort of thing.

May I ask a question: where do the believers in a Flat Earth think the edges are?

I'd really like to avoid falling off and I suppose they'd be knowledgeable enough to warn us where to stay away from.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 05:47 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

Polaris completely debunks a flat earth

Just cause Polaris can go off-road, doesn't mean it can go off-planet... Deny Ignorance

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 05:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: icyboy771z

the Earth is round?

Ever flown anywhere? Ever been on a mountain? I can say yes to both (though only ever flew Aberdeen to London and back a couple of days later) and when you do these things, you see the curvature of the planet, flat earth doesn't have curvature.

Another good example is the horizon when you're on a boat. Things that dissappear over the horizon are invisible because they've gone around the curvature (around 3 miles away from you), this is all I need to know to refute Flat Earth THEORY...

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 05:49 AM
link   
a reply to: berenike

According to flat earth guys, the edge is in Antarctica.

Yes, that implies that going round the Antarctic would take longer than going round the Equator. Another proof that flat Earth is wrong.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 06:04 AM
link   
a reply to: swanne

So the shadow of the earth is not being casted at the moon, "eh"?

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 06:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: icyboy771z
the Earth is round?

Videos from satellites, high altitude weather balloons, the astronaut's on board the ISS. For example, videos like this or this are quite self evident.

They all show the curvature of the Earth as well as it 'rotating' on its axis. Not 'spinning' like a plate or disc.

This is not revolutionary. This is common knowledge, common sense that school children are taught in school, and welcomed to research on their own.

I feel really sad for the people who, for whatever reason, want to believe the Earth is flat.
edit on 13-10-2016 by noonebutme because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 06:10 AM
link   
a reply to: noonebutme

As indeed am I and not being so disparaging as your reply.
This post is like flogging a dead horse from all point's of view, you can not make it move no matter how much you flog it.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Does he explain why the flat Earth is kept secret from us? Does he say what the motivation is for TPTB to perpetuate the round Earth hoax? That's what I'd like to know.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join