It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Lauches 3 Nuclear Capable Missiles

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 09:54 PM
link   
While everyone is whining about Trump and his sexual comments that every other man on the planet has made, real news is happening in the world.

Tensions are heightening on a daily basis between the US and Russia, with Russia today conducting test fires of three ballistic missiles.

Russia´s military conducted a series of intercontinental ballistic missile tests on Wednesday, the latest flexing of its muscles as tensions with the US spike over Syria. Russian forces fired a nuclear-capable rocket from a Pacific Fleet submarine in the Sea of Okhotsk north of Japan, state-run RIA Novosti reported. A Topol missile was shot off from a submarine in the Barents Sea, and a third was launched from an inland site in the north-west of the vast country, Russian agencies reported. The latest display of might by Moscow -- which has been conducting regular military drills since ties with the West slumped in 2014 over Ukraine -- comes as tensions have shot up in recent days.

Source

This is frightening.
edit on 10/12/16 by Ameilia because: spelling

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Ameilia

Putin himself said that the situation is frightening. He gave this speech as a warning and a plea to journalists in a hope to have them covered. We do not have a right to back them into a corner like we have been.

When one looks around the world today there is only one nation that has bases across the globe, slowly but surely encircling anyone who is not playing their game and that is the good old US of A.

edit on America/ChicagoWednesdayAmerica/Chicago10America/Chicago1031pmWednesday10 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Frightening indeed.

Sooner or later someone will miss a memo and start a counter attack- before you know it we'll all be dead.

Funny thing is, I know the US population doesn't want a nuke fight- I assume the russian population doesn't want a nuke fight-
We can pretty much assume that 99% of humans who know what a nuke fight means don't want a nuke fight.

Yet, here we are. Letting these idiots call the shots.

If only we had some sort of world-wide network of communication devices to coordinate a global shutdown of local governments....

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 10:00 PM
link   

The article did mention "Sabre Rattling", which was the first thing that came to my mind. I would bet the US isn't afraid to do some tests either, it'll just be like fireworks from across the lake, two competing lakehouse neighbors who want to show the other one up. They'd be complete idiots to actually do it because of MAD

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 10:02 PM
link   

I've said it in other threads....
What happened with the Russian reset and who did it

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 10:03 PM
link   

I came across this a few days ago "The US Air Force Just Dropped Two Fake Nukes" www.yahoo.com...

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 10:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: elementalgrove

Putin himself said that the situation is frightening. He gave this speech as a warning and a plea, we do not have a right to back them into a corner like we have been.

When one looks around the world today there is only one nation that has bases across the globe, slowly but surely encircling anyone who is not playing their game and that is the good old US of A.

That would be because our "people" are completely uninformed. The US goobers took over all of the media back in 2013 for a reason, and that reason is to keep us in the dark. The only people outside of gub'ment who actually see what's going on don't have a say in it.

"we the people" have completely lost control of those who rule us, and now we're so misinformed BY that rouge entity that we have no interest in stopping it.

Sadly, from an outsiders point of view, there's no stopping that entity without huge civilian casualties.
Any attempt at fighting the US will be met with M.A.D.
Maybe Russia thinks it can hit us and take all of our return missiles out of the air? Honestly, they've been preparing to deal with us for at least thirty years, knowing our gub'ments stance of "russsia is evil!" the whole time.
Might not be wise to underestimate.

Sadly, the population is completely under the spell of the media who is completely under the spell of the puppet who works for whatever group seems to be insisting on planetary destruction.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 10:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: GraffikPleasure

I've said it in other threads....
What happened with the Russian reset and who did it

Somebody spelled reset wrong in Russian.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 10:06 PM
link   

This is frightening.

Mayve, but more like necessary.

In order to trigger a paradigm shift amongst the populace, world wide, it's gonna take more than strong words or robust gatherings.

At a minimum, you're gonna need a dirty nuke or a large scale bio incident to get everyone's attention.

We've had plenty of opportunities to scale back the current status-quo....time's up.

For shame...

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 10:08 PM
link   

This is like watching the special Olympics, it doesn't matter which one win's. they are both still retarded.

I can't remember who said it, but it still applies.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac
Funny thing is, I know the US population doesn't want a nuke fight- I assume the russian population doesn't want a nuke fight- We can pretty much assume that 99% of humans who know what a nuke fight means don't want a nuke fight.

Correct. I do not know and have never heard of one single person who wants to nuclear war or any kind of war with Russia, outside of the current administration and Hillary Clinton who seem hell bent on escalating tensions.

originally posted by: the2ofusr1

I came across this a few days ago "The US Air Force Just Dropped Two Fake Nukes" www.yahoo.com...

I saw this too. I also saw that Russia is considering opening a military base in Cuba. Every day there is something new, each day adds one more layer.

Source

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Good God, some of you are frightening that a country, Russian in this instance, fired off some nuclear capable missiles?
Putin is merely taking a cue from Little Kim to show that he is another toughy ready to take on the world.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 10:14 PM
link   
If a nation were to practice, the age-old technique, of putting fear into the hearts of it's citizens: what would that look like?
Would the showboating occur in a controlled manner?
Would an objective observer, see much more rhetoric on one side, that an other?
Have you ever noticed a nation doing this?
Could Russia do this?

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I like Putin. He's either sincere or the best liar I've ever seen.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Nothin

can you explain what you are getting at with your comment. I'm very interested in what you're explaining but I can't quite grasp it

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

Thing is that most people have no idea what it really means.

Too many people either think they'll survive it or that it will happen to "them" "over there" and not have much impact.

No one has any proper imagination.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 10:26 PM
link   

This is all an attempt to manipulate public sentiment abroad. Putin isn't stupid. He knows the first response target will be himself.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: elementalgrove

He's been saying a whole lot more than that, too, and for months now.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 10:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: lordcomac

Thing is that most people have no idea what it really means.

Too many people either think they'll survive it or that it will happen to "them" "over there" and not have much impact.

No one has any proper imagination.

I'd say "Good thing most people are idiots" - but in this case, it would seem, that it's a very, very, bad thing.

Every day we (the us citizens) sit here, watch our TV, go to our meaningless office jobs, eat our corn based meals... is another day we don't step up and do the right thing, and stop this.

And yet- I can't make the firs step, because I have to get up and go to work in the morning.

We're doomed.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 10:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore
a reply to: Nothin

can you explain what you are getting at with your comment. I'm very interested in what you're explaining but I can't quite grasp it

Hi FamCore. Not trying to affirm anything, just sharing paths of open thinking.
If you believe that the "war on terror", was really used to create fear, and impose increasing domestic controls, does it then not follow that an equivalent effort might not be made by another nation?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join