It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plans for first space nation ‘Asgardia’ revealed, citizenship applications opened

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: studio500

So they ask for your name and email address... But not about your profession / expertise, or even your actual address?

Something very unusual for a space project.

I'm going to investigate the matter.

edit on 13-10-2016 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Don't launch me up to Asgardia.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Okay. After signing in, this message pops up:

Going to check my email now.

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   
So far, no emails. However I noticed that they are running a contest for insignia, flag and anthem. The closing date is the 20th of January, 2017.

edit on 13-10-2016 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Asgardia welcomes its youngest citizens!

I received the following e-mail from Asgardia this morning asking for parents to register children under the age of 18 as of course, the future of any self sustained society, lies with the children that it has or produces.

Here's the e-mail

Dear XXXX,
There are already over half a million Asgardians registered! And it's wonderful that so many of you want your children to have Asgardian citizenship. We got so many emails and messages from you and your children, and of course, we welcome all of you to Asgardia!

The future of Asgardia and of space travel depends on our children. And so, we are happy to announce that registration for minors under 18 years of age is now open on our site.

Asgardia welcomes its youngest citizens!

Please note that parental consent is required for registering a minor under 18. Once you receive your confirmation email, please follow the link to confirm your child's registration. If you are under 18, you need consent from a parent or a legal guardian to register for Asgardian citizenship. Looking forward to see you soon at www.asgardia.space and on official Asgardia FB page.

Surely though, this is pushing the bounds of parental consent to the absolute extreme.
If this dream was ever to become a reality, parents would effectively be denying their own children a normal life of Terra Firma and the child, so to speak would have no choice whatsoever.
At least the adults registering do so of their own free will.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 06:27 AM
link   
And, following a link to their Facebook page, I now see the "Corey Goode Effect" coming into play, see below:-

Good evening fellow Asgardians! We have had a huge response from the community asking how they can donate to our cause. Our current aim is to be recognised by the UN and to do that we need to engage with lawyers as well as national governments that span the globe. Rather than just letting people donate to us we wanted to give something back to the community. To this end we have created a line of merchandise that will allow people to help us as well as getting something in return. Please find our merchandise tab so see how you can put towards the cause.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 06:18 AM
link   
What's a "Corey Goode Effect"?

But yea, to me this looks like one grand scam. Don't give them any money or any of your details. Looks like they have zero legal foundation, too.

edit on 27-10-2016 by wildespace because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 06:32 AM
link   
a reply to: wildespace

A little like the "illuminati" website, become a member simply by entering your first name and your email address.. Oh and buying a cheap triangle necklace. Smells like BS.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Sounds like the premise of the movie "Elysium" if you ask me.

Wonder how many homeless or people of lesser means would fare regarding application for citizenship?

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I can't believe how many illiterate people are on this topic... Like 99% of everyone before me.

Did nobody actually read a single word on their website before posting a monumentally stupid reply on this topic here?

This whole thing, to which i haven't yet signed up, is not about 100.000 , or weather number, of people in space on a colony.

Learn to freaking read !!!!

It's about people signing up, AND when there are enough people signed on, then this will seek UN acknowledge...as in .. After there is a certain number of people signing up with email, then it will be attempted to get it formalized and recognized as a state via UN.
Then it will be a state with no land on earth, but instead a space state... Even if all the citizens are still physically located on earth... Unless someone comes up with antigravity real soon... In which case everyone can get off this rock bla bla bla.

BUT... Again.. Cause there seems to be no reading comprehension on this topic so far....
Everyone, right now, is just, signing up, to, declare, that, they, want to, be citizens, in the future, of a state, that, will, be recognized, as real, by the UN.

GET IT ?????

edit on 19-11-2016 by IVANV because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: studio500
When applications for Asgardian citizenship goes above 100,000 they can apply to the UN for the status of state, according to Ashurbeyli.

Has the U.N. itself made this promise, or have the promoters plucked the figure out of the air as part of the promotion?
I think the claim is problematic, especially since all the applicants will necessarily be current citizens of existing countries, which might have their own thoughts on the subject.

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: wildespace
What's a "Corey Goode Effect"?

But yea, to me this looks like one grand scam. Don't give them any money or any of your details. Looks like they have zero legal foundation, too.

i don't know what else did people expect.

asgardia.space...
asgardia.space...

idiots. idiots everywhere.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Governments & space agencies can't accrue the cost of a manned moonbase or even sending a few people to Mars.

Look at the costs, complexity & timeframe in regards to the construction of the ISS that houses a few astronauts.

Now a website is started. Little to no technological details whatsoever on how they are going to fund the construction of a space station large enough to house 100k people. How they are going to get people to it. As well as how they are going to keep everyone alive etc, etc. Instead they are taking 'citizenship' applications & holding a contest to design a flag. You are dealing with an old man that's finally gone senile or he that thinks he will get to scam a people out of money so he can continue to fund his lifestyle.

Could this be accomplished...absolutely. Easiest, quickest & most cost effective way would be to build it on the ground. Getting it up would require nuclear/fusion reactors. The alternative would be to construct it in space. This will require major advances in robotics + either a dirt cheap way of getting payloads into orbit or advances in propulsion that would enable the robots to go out into the asteroid belt & bring enough material back to complete the construction. Then there is the small task of the technical aspects of getting the station able to actually support a human colony & keep them alive. Followed up by getting the population to it.

The R&D for such a project would take decades. The implementation costs to actually carry out such a feat would be mindboggling.
edit on 20-11-2016 by big_BHOY because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join