It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

As you've gotten older, how much shorter have you become

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Ha! I was thinking about this the other day. At my current rate of shrinkage I'll probably be around 3 ft tall by the time I reach 60

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Bahahaha! Funny replies in here! I'm 58 and lost a bit in height myself. The girls are not perky like they used to be either. My hair is long like yours, but I color it. Oh the things we go through as we age.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justso
I hated hanging over most men that I met. I actually married a man 5'10" and with even small heels he felt short to me; I had to divorce him.

That's funny!

I like tall, tall men-just the way I am. I just don't feel as feminine when I am taller than the man. Maybe my generation-but I hate being so tall-and all my friend are around average height of 5'4-5'6" and I have always stuck out-and I hate it.

Is that a generational thing? It's also interesting to hear being taller than a guy makes you feel less feminine - I can relate to that and don't think I've ever gone out with a guy that was shorter than me? Back when I was 5'7"-ish, my former hubby was 6'3" but I bet he's shorter than that now even though I'm a month shy of being four years older than he is. Maybe I'll swing by his place tomorrow and measure him? (how tall he is, I mean)

Ugh! Not only am I over an inch shorter, I also seem to be a bit rounder as well?

Thanks for all the comments!

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Freija

Early Happy Birthday to You!!!
I lost a half inch from lower back surgery. (4 surgeries by the way...)

I am now 5 foot ten inches tall at 45 years old...

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I'm 41 (42 next month) and I've lost 1/2", not really a big deal, I've always been short. I'm now 5' 1/2" instead of 5'1". Oh well, I guess some of us just take less time to reach perfection. Or as my teenagers say "careful for the short ones, they're closer to hell so they are meaner"

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I'm old and beaten down by life.

I'm 2'3"

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Hmmm...

Still 10 feet tall.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 10:44 PM
link   

I have always been 5'1 1/4" tall until menopause,I have shrunk a 1/2".
I am 61.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I'm hitting the big 5-Oh in six months and have been perimenopausal for about 2 years now, but I'm getting closer to hitting menopause, all the signs are there.

I was always 5'9" but hubby commented to me last year when he was giving me a hug and a smooch in the kitchen that I seemed like I was shorter, so we measured me...

And sure as tootin' I'm closer to 5'8 1/2" now.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 12:14 AM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

I am now 5' 3/4" tall,would you like to trade heights?

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 12:20 AM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth

At the rate I'm going, I should catch up to you in about 10 years.

We can share clothes !

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 12:39 AM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

I wear a size 22 dress,44 blouse/top, and elastic waist skirts in size 16.
Are you sure you want to share?

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 12:51 AM
link   
6'4" at 18 to 6 foot at 35 lol.

Thanks, ankylosing spondylitis and collapsed discs. And bad knees. And declining posture. And... well, you get it. :p

I did gain half an inch back after I lost a ton of weight a few years ago, though! Lol

Peace.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 12:53 AM
link   

I have the exact same problem.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join