It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Every thread except for this one...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 10:42 AM
link   
That is the nature of forums, trending topics are trending....

When 9/11 hit it was about that.
When Boston happened it was about that..
Ebola..Zika
Mandela Effect
Rinse. Repeat.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   
There are four rant threads just like this one up right now...

Most threads make three or four pages of good comments/contributions then they fall off. Some start off even worse. have you seen the Genesis Rock thread? Four lines of pure speculation then a command to discuss! Uh, OK. The great threads of long, thought out, photos, links, actual evidence are practically nonexistent.

I think it is the rush to post. By the time you get around to a well thought out post some one liner has 20 flags, a zillion stars, and lots of opinions one way are another. Most people do not even bother reading the linked material. It is the short attention span of the internet. Heck, I've been guilty of the rush to post but at least I will own up to it.

Anybody stay up an watch the Cubs?? Heck, it was Monday Night Football and I do not even know who played!! We should all help Bigburgh track down his visitor for the heck of it! Kind of "Where's Waldo" but with a Saudi Prince!

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   
OP, so you complain about too many Clinton/Trump threads by creating a Clinton/Trump thread. lol

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Misterlondon

This site has been taken over by garbage because, just like with the corrupt government running the election, we have allowed it to come to this. It would stop if everyone who wants it to stop simply made a concerted stand and refused to entertain it anymore. No more flags for the tabloid junkies, no more stars, no more trying to reason with ignorance or stubborn denial.

The prevailing atmosphere here is a direct reflection of everything that is wrong with the world right now, and we are all directly responsible for it. The mods can't fix it...all they can do is continue to try and babysit a bunch of grown adults who have made it their mission in life to behave like out-of-control, spoiled children. They don't get paid to do this; they've got lives outside of this place just like some of the rest of us do.

No...if we want things to change, then we have to make it happen. Period. Take a stand against it, and follow through, no matter what. People can quit smoking, drinking, overeating...yet they can't quit bickering and sniping at their fellow human beings every five minutes? They are OK with just allowing strangers on the internet to control their behavior and dictate what they can and cannot discuss?

Have you ever witnessed a bratty child having a tantrum in a public place...the type of epic kicking, screaming, psychotic tantrum that is so astonishing that it actually draws a crowd? Most people have, at least once. And when folks start going over to check it out, does the behavior subside? No. It does not. It only serves to cause the attention seeking child to double down on the drama...because now he or she has an audience. And the very best way to handle a situation like that is not to threaten or cajole or forcibly attempt to remove the little tyrant from the area. No...what a smart parent will do is remain calm and firm, and simply walk away from their misbehaving offspring; to do anything else is to entertain the behavior, and to encourage more of it in the future. That is a fact.

My suggestion here would be something similar. The Threefold Law dictates that what we put out into the world will only net us more of the same. If we want a dynamic shift, we have to lead by example. It is really that simple. Stop giving these people an audience here, and they will go look for another place to hang out where more people are willing to allow their nonsense. It won't happen overnight, but then nothing worth fighting for every really does.

So what it comes down to is, how many people here would commit to a boycott of the tabloid drama on ATS and the relentless onslaught of its obnoxious purveyors? All we need is a solid group of dedicated people to turn things around. Hahahaaaa...dare I say: let's make ATS great again?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join