It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

whole world population fits in Texas area: each family a house and garden

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 11:03 PM
link   
The Texas school system would be about the same.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 03:10 AM
link   
a reply to: galien8

Its an interesting point, however it is likely the case that even not very dense populations can create adverse effect upon the Earth. As an example, in places like Africa and Brazil, there is rampant deforestation due to slash and burn agriculture as well as mining.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Nope not doing it sorry it is the weather you see I like our weather and hate the heat.
France maybe?.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 03:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac
Pack a few people like me into a sardine can and it'll be a # show in a real hurry.

I don't want to see the smoke from my closest neighbors wood stove, let alone smell their bodies.

Bingo.

You can fit 10 sardines into a tin. But can they SURVIVE? No.

Overpopulation put back into perspective. As in, there are entirely too many people on this freaking planet.

To support each human on this planet, you need 18 acres per person of dedicated land to produce everything from food to soap to electricity.

On top of this, you need wide open natural spaces for wildlife as well as supporting the earth ecologically.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 05:30 AM
link   
a reply to: wdkirk

Indeed.

Thinning out the herd, as it were, would be a great idea. First on the list, xenophobes. All of those so weak as to fear difference between people, flayed and tanned and used as wall hangings to decorate and liven up the space a little. Necklaces made of hater bones, and corpses on pikes at the entrance to town, with little signs saying "If you hate based on your own ignorance, then you have no place here."

THAT is the sort of purge I could get stuck into!

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 06:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: wdkirk

Indeed.

Thinning out the herd, as it were, would be a great idea. First on the list, xenophobes. All of those so weak as to fear difference between people, flayed and tanned and used as wall hangings to decorate and liven up the space a little. Necklaces made of hater bones, and corpses on pikes at the entrance to town, with little signs saying "If you hate based on your own ignorance, then you have no place here."

THAT is the sort of purge I could get stuck into!

Yet.... you sound so full of love and not hateful at all!!

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 06:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Dem0nc1eaner

Not in the least.

I have been frustrated for years by the impossibility of this species moving forward, as long as it is held back by those whose hatred is based on nothing but appearances and shallow things. I hold no such foolish hatreds. My ire is directed firmly and exclusively at those who harbour xenophobic tendencies.

When the only thing you are intolerant of is intolerance, you are not in the wrong.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 06:36 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

First on the list, xenophobes. All of those so weak as to fear difference between people, flayed and tanned and used as wall hangings to decorate and liven up the space a little. Necklaces made of hater bones, and corpses on pikes at the entrance to town, with little signs saying "If you hate based on your own ignorance, then you have no place here."

So you would kill those that dont agree with your ideals .Xenophobic people dont necessarily run around indiscriminately killing people but you would have them flayed and tanned . Xenophobic people never looked so good .

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Not in the least.

I have been frustrated for years by the impossibility of this species moving forward, as long as it is held back by those whose hatred is based on nothing but appearances and shallow things. I hold no such foolish hatreds. My ire is directed firmly and exclusively at those who harbour xenophobic tendencies.

When the only thing you are intolerant of is intolerance, you are not in the wrong.

I disagree. All that matters is how you conduct YOURSELF. Being hateful or bigoted is hateful or bigoted, no matter who it is directed at or how justified you feel in your own opinions.

Shame on you.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

No?

Because it seems like that is what they do. I mean, they shoot up churches(U.S.), beat immigrants over the head till they get nerve damage(happened right here in the UK, so lets not be denying it eh?), stab innocent business persons with screwdrivers, and they are not a problem? Ok. Whatever.

edit on 11-10-2016 by TrueBrit because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 06:45 AM
link   

You are simply wrong. It is not hateful or bigoted to oppose hatred and bigotry using the only means that its advocates understand.

It is simply effective.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 06:50 AM
link   
A long time ago, perhaps in the forties, there was a sort of innovative genius type, sadly I can't recall his name just now. He came up with a viable model of how everyone in the world could live in North America with most of the energy needed being produced by Niagara falls. This left the rest of the world usable and sustainable.
His idea was ridiculed at the time but my son related this story to me after one of his University professors talked about it and of how this model was used and mentioned in many courses and perhaps seen as an 'out there' viable alternative.
edit on 11-10-2016 by midicon because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 06:55 AM
link   

You are simply wrong. It is not hateful or bigoted to oppose hatred and bigotry using the only means that its advocates understand.

It is simply effective.

I would suggest that any idealogy that requires violent enforcement is lacking substance, but what do I know.

Enjoy your dichotomous existence, I guess...

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 06:57 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

they shoot up churches(U.S.)

In this case would that not be mosques or similar .

beat immigrants over the head till they get nerve damage(happened right here in the UK, so lets not be denying it eh?)

Have to take your word at that as no linky thing . Oh and is that immigrants or an immigrant big difference .

stab innocent business persons with screwdrivers . How many stabbing in total .

Once again linky .

So to summarise you would kill off a whole subset of humanity because of the actions of a few . Gotcha . See where i went with that .
edit on 11-10-2016 by hutch622 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 07:00 AM
link   
If they can fit in Texas, they can fit in Alaska. We've got enough people here, and most of them are crazy enough as it is.

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 07:04 AM
link   
a reply to: 4003fireglo

Or Australia's deserts , the outer edge would not be in walking distance of large trees , or food , or water . 1.37 million kilometres squared of basically nothing .

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 07:05 AM
link   

It's worse than that. He has said and I quote...

"Thinning out the herd, as it were, would be a great idea. First on the list, xenophobes."

So not only he is a hypocrite but also he thinks the main problem in this world are xenophobes!
I would suggest there are A LOT worse people than xenophobes. How about all the rapists and murderers in the world? Surely they should be 'first on the list'?

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 07:13 AM
link   
a reply to: 83Liberty

I usually quite enjoy Truebrits replies as they are well thought out and well presented . I get where he is going but his solution would do Stalin or Pol Pot proud .
edit on 11-10-2016 by hutch622 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Agreed on all counts.

Poor form TrueBrit, not what I expected from you! Please stop doubling-down...

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: speeddr2000
a reply to: galien8

Think your math is off some where. Texas is 695,921,100,000 square meters.
7 billion is 7,000,000,000
needing 140 square meters per person witch isnt the number when looking at healthy pop ie india.
equals 980,000,000,000 squared meters
Now you would have to subtract usless land mass ie rivers and lakes deep valleys usless hill tops.
The gardens wouldn't be able to support all those people as well.
sounds nice but not real.

Is in Dutch (for high demanding people of a modern European country The Netherlands) from Dutch governmental bureau for statistics

139 square meters per capita living territory, 324 square meters per family
www.cbs.nl...

My calculation is meant as an estimation and indication, of how little space the world population occupies, its not even a blue print for a future city or something

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join