It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need help finding a forum

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Hey guys, im asking if anyone knows the right forum for magic and the occult? Im just not seeing it. Thanks

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Marky83

Well, this forum would have been my first suggestion.

Paranormal studies, perhaps?

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   

You could try the Philosophy and Metaphysics forum and the Conspiracy in religions forum. There is no specific forum for magic and the occult that I know of.

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Magic

Or Magik

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Good question...

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   
You really need a place where other people are putting similar threads.
"Paranormal" and "Philosophy" have been suggested, and they are both places where magic-related topics can be found on the first page of the forum. Worth a try.

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I agree with the others, look in those places.

Or go to the Shed (use the search function), a bunch of fantastic people into magic, brilliant stories and much more, i need to go back myself.
edit on 10-10-2016 by DarkvsLight29 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 04:36 PM
link   

I honestly don't think there is a "right" (correct" form of magic and the occult. Each person is different. So to try and shoehorn in a "universal set of laws" as the "correct form" seems c ounter intuitive to me.

If you look at occultic and mystical things over the history of humanity (the bits we can see anyway), they have usually varied greatly. However from the middle of the Victorian era onwards, there seems to have been a movement to "standardize" the occult.

I've been a member of the OTO, Golden Dawn, and a couple of other ceremonial groups, and I've been a pagan at the same time My ancestral (Indo-European) methods worked for me much better than the modern ones. Yet others it these forms work just fine.

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Noinden
You must still be tired. You failed to spot the "u" in "forum".

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

You are right. My bad.

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Ignoring my first post.... my bad.

I don't see why this would be the wrong forum. Occult can include spirituality. It depends on what you are after. I've found no matter the forum, someone will tell you to "beware your soul" at some point

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Hi OP seek out the Shed cause it's brilliant, not been for ages and ages etc, last was shed 10, that i'm a wear off, if it's not them, they will show you the way.

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Send a PM to Springer or any mod. Theyll answer.

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 05:20 PM
link   
True ask a mod.

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Occult and magic pop up in various places: you can talk about it here if we're talking about the religious/spiritual practices. I've seen it in the conspiracies in religion. I've seen it in paranormal and philosophy and metaphysics.

It really isn't a topic in and of itself. You have to decide where the main thrust of your topic sits. I've seen magic and occult discussed in the ancient civs forum when talking about ancient digs and finds.

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

It also has shown up in secret societies of late. It could show up in history, if you were talking about that. I think there would be some less right places for it (say the Science forum?)

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Wow. Thanks for the suggestions, guys. I love this site. Y'all are very helpful. Thanks again

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: AshFan

"Those who spell Magic with a K aren't.” -Lavey

top topics

join