It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Super Realistic and re-occurring dreams. What do they really mean?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 07:38 PM
link   
A Dream that reoccurs, with different aspects and discoveries in a place I have never been.

There is a place, near the ocean. A wooded country road that goes up a gradual elevation, passing streets on the right with rural small houses, but on the left, just trees. Some of the houses have wood ranch type fencing, others white picket.. I am always driving on it.

As you reach the top of the incline, there is a big house up there, with a majestic oval topped front door, brick walls, ivy growing up the sides of the house. To the left of the house and behind it, a field or pasture of brown hay like grass, and then a railroad track crossing it about a half mile a way. Further to the left and in the distance, the elevation drops to a beautiful beach, with large stone islands in the water. There is a cliff where you can over look the ocean, and also a path down to the beach where there are giant concrete sturctures you can climb on. The beach can be reached from another road as well and there is a park full of trees before a very rocky beach.

Going the other way on the road (back, downward) you reach a kind of dirt parking lot landing where there is a variety store and a bar next to it.
I have been in both, buying stuff like candy and ice cream from a high counter. The bar is a friendly packed place with locals. Sit at the bar and suck down a beer...

Back to the large house. Entering it I know my way around. If I go to the left after walking through the door, there is a set of steps that lead to a large, long rectangular area behind the house with windows from ceiling to floor, overlooking the field. There are different rooms in it, and I favor one in the middle for some reason.

Every time I have a dream of this landscape, I find a new discovery. There is an amusement park nearby, and I have met many people I know around there. There is a marina, near an open field of very dark grass or perhaps even a burned area. There is a tool shed that opens up on the other side to many slips of boats and there are square tall building scattered over the area. There is a river there where you can fish on flat rocks and catch huge fish....

Without going into much more detail, and there is plenty, I have never been here before in my life and really would like to find out if this landscape/town or whatever, really exists. One can wonder how your mind could make up such a realistic environment from scratch, and then have you visit it on numerous occasions. I am bewildered by it and fascinated as well.

Have any of you had this kind of re-occuring realism occur in your dreams?, in a place you know that you have never been, and if so, did you ever find out where it was really located?

Thanks and wondering how prevalent reality type dreams like this are, and of course, what they really mean.

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: charlyv

Your post details remind me of a city north of Monterey Bay in California.

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: OneGoal

Your post details remind me of a city north of Monterey Bay in California.

That is cool. I would imagine that there would be many that would match some of these features, but all of them would be a real stretch. The house is important, but I do not know why. I know that I do not live there.

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Yea theres a brick house with ivy in this city, more like a masonic bunker, that had a symbol on the front of it; i had a pretty weird set of coincidences that led to discovering the house.

Urban legend states it was built to communicate with E.T. races.

Just thought your description sounded awfully familiar

edit on 9-10-2016 by OneGoal because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: OneGoal

Yea theres a brick house with ivy in this city, more like a masonic bunker, that had a symbol on the front of it; i had a pretty weird set of coincidences that led to discovering the house.

Urban legend states it was built to communicate with E.T. races.

Just thought your description sounded awfully familiar

Rather facinating. Was the house in the setting described?
One room , in the back, the first room encountered off the hall, has only a long rectangular window high off the floor, as you would need a ladder to look out it. Very strange things happen in that room and I avoid it.

More interesting... the front door has an elaborate door knocker or emblem... A symbol of some sort.
edit on 9-10-2016 by charlyv because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 08:38 PM
link   

This specific house is near the beach and has a large unkempt grass area around it. As for windows, i couldnt identify.

The symbol on this house is a triangle with a circle inscribed within.

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 12:21 AM
link   
It represents your dreams (ironically) and your aspirations.

An important takeway is the fact you travel upwards.

Just don't obsess over it.

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 01:04 AM
link   

I find it very useful to look up the main details of my Dream in an online dream dictionary. You could look up ocean, hill, beach, house, door, room, amusement park, etc...
Whichever of these things seems to stick out in your mind.
For example, I might dream I'm chasing a person, but instead of forcusing on the person, I look up chasing because that is the part of the dream that stuck out in my mind.
I google: Dream dictionary and cross reference several. They are organized alphabetically. So, very easy to use.
Here is an example:
www.dreammoods.com...

Here is their explanation of recurring dreams:
www.dreammoods.com...

I know someone who has recurring dreams about awesome architectural spaces and I believe it is connected to his desire to move up in his life, to be more successful.

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 02:50 AM
link   
It could easily be a case of unintentional remote viewing.

You say there is an ocean, so Atlantic or Pacific?
The north Atlantic looks very similar to the Pacific, but does the sun set over it or rise over it? Finding out which coast you are seeing would be important.

You describe a lot, but you aren't focusing on the plant and tree types. Again, another clue to location.
Same with looking for birds in this place you visit, species types will narrow down possible real life location.

Crazy as it sounds I've dreamed of places I later 'found" in real life. Pretty sure all of us can do it if we pay attention.

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: SmashnGrab

I liked that site, thanks for the link.
Some of the definitions do ring some bells, but it is such a personal experience that generic definitions do not seem to provide the coherence I would like. Perhaps there are other factors involved.

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Caver78

The details of sun and trees seem to escape me, except that it does seem tropical. Knowing these things, perhaps will cause more attention to them. Thanks.

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I definitely believe that your spirit travels while you sleep. I had a dream of a Spanish style church in my town, at the end of a secluded street. I was flying around with other children outside of this church. Nothing major happened, I just remember I loved the architecture of the church. Years later, I was driving around looking for "for rent" signs. I stopped by this place for a sandwich and decided to keep on going down the street it was on instead of going back to the main road. Sure enough, at the end of this street was the church in my dream. I literally stopped in the middle of the road and just stared at it for a good 5 mins, couldn't believe it.
So don't leave that option out!
I do not think that every dream has to be metaphorical, or is just filled with symbolism.
Hope you find your place

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: casijones
and also a reply to: OneGoal

I definitely believe that your spirit travels while you sleep. I had a dream of a Spanish style church in my town, at the end of a secluded street. I was flying around with other children outside of this church. Nothing major happened, I just remember I loved the architecture of the church. Years later, I was driving around looking for "for rent" signs. I stopped by this place for a sandwich and decided to keep on going down the street it was on instead of going back to the main road. Sure enough, at the end of this street was the church in my dream. I literally stopped in the middle of the road and just stared at it for a good 5 mins, couldn't believe it.
So don't leave that option out!
I do not think that every dream has to be metaphorical, or is just filled with symbolism.
Hope you find your place

Now that is exactly what I would like to be able to do as well. Fantastic.

Earlier in the thread, it was suggested that Monterey, CA and areas above it, reminded them of the setting I originally described. Taking out good old Google Earth, I checked out the general landscape and it sure looks like the kind of environment that could contain my "area". I actually did find an old railroad (looks deserted) that goes through fields near the coast. (thanks OneGoal). Now I can spend nights going up and down the coast on somewhat of a reasonable lead.

If I were to find something close, 5 or so matches, it would be a plane ticket!

edit on 10-10-2016 by charlyv because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-10-2016 by charlyv because: (bad grammar)

edit on 10-10-2016 by charlyv because: content

new topics

top topics

join