It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I hardly recognize you.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Hey guys, just wanting to get a little clarification here. With this s"election" season coming to a head soon, it seems it has turned ATS on its head a bit. Now, I don't remember how the site was on the last election. Was it as cut throat then? I have never seen such a volume some of the personal attacks and vulgar rhetoric from members here since I can remember.

I know members disagree on a wide variety of subjects, it's what makes this site amazing, the back and forth of educated minds on current subjects can bring a lot of insight to many members, however, right now, I hardly recognize ATS.

Are we not all seeking some form of truth here? This whole election thing is honestly too much for me.

I for one was under the impression that a large percentage of members here think the entire system is corrupt from top to bottom. Elections are rigged. Your old Rockefellers and Rothschilds run the show, $$$ rules. Everyone on a national stage set to appease to your ideals is bought and paid for.

Does anyone here REALLY think that these two ass hats give one flying f$&# about the American people? REALLY?

I'm glad a lot of individuals I know are coming to the realization that this whole "election" process is a scam. And I've now had people who use to think I was a "conspiracy nut" come around to some more out of the box thinking. Which is nice. I don't throw an "I told you so" their way. Because I don't want them to ever have to feel like they're beneath me, like many have made me feel over the years.

I just don't understand that so many members can believe that Trump or Hillary are REALLY going to do anything for us as a nation, or a people. I thought we all knew the media just used its influence over the simple minded to further divide people? Yet day in and day out I see people here piling on the b.s. and choking it down.

Help me understand here.

Can't we all just get along?

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   
You're seeing pretty clearly. Theres some that bicker endlessly, enjoying every minute of it.

Ignore them.

Ever been to a ball game? The game is going on, the crowd is active, sometimes fights break out. Amusing to watch, from a distance. Who runs over and joins in a bunch of drunk ass hats falling over each other to get thrown out?

Yay, team.

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I don't understand it either..

Many Members seem to have gone full retard..

There's no talking them down...

Stay away from the Elections/Mudpit Forums....if you can

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: denybedoomed

It's a modern version of The Gong Show. After this Election, you won't know up from down the entire world will fall on it's head and nothing will make sense again, ever.

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   
It is like sports fans cheering for their team to win. People get crazy with sports and politics..

It is burned into the minds of society to be competitive, so people tend to go a bit overboard in that regard. With the advent of the internet, people can freely talk # with no actual consequences.

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   

You should have seen 2008.....did they ever find that birth certificate?

It will pass....In the mean time maybe join an avatar competition?

Peace

edit on 2016pAmerica/ChicagoSun, 09 Oct 2016 13:31:21 -0500pm3131201610 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Are we not all seeking some form of truth here?

Would that this were true. Seems more now that some believe that they have found "THE TRUTH'' and are intent on proving it. Over and over and over.

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Well basically that is what makes this place such an interesting one..

I personally love intelligent discussions and especially when it's between people who stick to their ground.

The hottest places in Hell are reserved for those who in time of moral crisis preserve their neutrality.
Dante

I think the biggest problem is decorum and staying civil...

Just my 2 cents.

Peace

edit on 2016pAmerica/ChicagoSun, 09 Oct 2016 14:20:16 -0500pm3120201610 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: operation mindcrime

I agree with you. And I can't pretend that politics don't exist and aren't worth discussing, of course they are, I just don't understand the irrationality of some posts. I mean, we're not talking the moon landing here, we ALL know the system is a sham, why do so many here then defend these puppet robot talking heads as of their word is gospel?

Has the establishment not let us down time and time again? An orange faced squinty eyed baboon and a broken second hand robotic creature are not going to do one damn thing in the people's interest. . .

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I don't know how much ATS reflects the view of people in the US, but this election seem total madness to me. Since the beginning of this year I hardly participate in any discussion although I am daily on ATS. I just read and watch and it's like the biggest reality show that ever was.
Sometimes the discussions are funny, ridiculous or plain absurd so I rofl but most of the time it's simply surreal.
And it's sad because people spend all their energy blindly fighting each other for their joke of "candidate" instead of getting together and fighting the bad system who sells them this charade called elections 2016.
And after that we'll have again dozens of conspiracy threads to figure out the secret evil - illuminaty, freemasons, aliens, insert your favorite here, - who screwed people's life

edit on 9-10-2016 by WhiteHat because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: operation mindcrime

I personally love intelligent discussions and especially when it's between people who stick to their ground.

Yes, but the key word here for me is 'intelligent'. For me, intelligence is not believing one has found the truth but rather the humility to understand that at best one may be 'finding' the truth, hence my reply to OPs statement of 'seekers of truth'.

Many 'truths' I have come across in my life have been partial truths or false truths. Truths that say 'here I am believe in me."
These truths have mostly one thing in common, they deny other truths. They insist that ''this is right and all others are wrong". They fill their beleivers with hubris and make them feel enlightened when in reality once a person has found 'the truth' their minds close down and center on that truth rather than continuing on in the search. All that can be learned from that point on is only that which concurs with the truth already believed.

As far as Dante goes, I find him no authority on anything other than his ability to write complex and colorful scenarios of heaven and hell designed to scare the crappola out of little children to keep their minds trapped in fear until the day they die.

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: denybedoomed

I for one was under the impression that a large percentage of members here think the entire system is corrupt from top to bottom. Elections are rigged. Your old Rockefellers and Rothschilds run the show, $$$ rules. Everyone on a national stage set to appease to your ideals is bought and paid for.

Does anyone here REALLY think that these two ass hats give one flying f$&# about the American people? REALLY?

Innit something? They all know this, but still play along like politics is something real. It blows my mind seeing such a duality in thought. Its kinda like how no one really believes in God, but still doesn't "grok" it to a degree that they can stop arguing about it.

RE: insults....if you see something like that outside the mudpit, report it. ATS is what its community makes itself.

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

originally posted by: denybedoomed

Innit something? They all know this, but still play along like politics is something real. It blows my mind seeing such a duality in thought. Its kinda like how no one really believes in God, but still doesn't "grok" it to a degree that they can stop arguing about it.

RE: insults....if you see something like that outside the mudpit, report it. ATS is what its community makes itself.

There do seem to be those who truly cannot seem to accept that, though. They're in a denial bordering on an unhealthy obsession. I think it's simply a refusal to admit that they have been wasting months of their lives shoving their chosen candidate down everyone's collective throat for absolutely no reason at all. So much so, in fact, that they've been systematically turning ATS into a cesspool of tabloid garbage simply to try and get a dig in at everyone who tries to tell them otherwise.

They don't seem to care that they sound like a bunch of bickering children most of the time. It doesn't seem to faze them that they are repeating the same ridiculous nonsense over and over like a broken record. It is unlike anything I have ever seen in my life.

But the nastiness bleeds into every other forum in here, too, and people are hardly posting anything that might earn them ridicule from the serial thread derailers who either want to turn every possible discussion into a political argument...or just want to take their aggression and frustrations out on other people by mocking and haranguing them for their beliefs. I've even seen people telling others that if they report abusive behavior, they're not "part of the team". It's disheartening.

The saddest part of the whole thing is that we're all missing out on good discussions and the exchange of information because people are either too wary to author threads or a few smartass know-it-alls will go in to threads that they claim to be hoaxes or whatever and lamblast the OP and anyone who attempts to reply with such vicious mockery that they simply give up and the thread just dies, or disintegrates into a senseless argument. There are always people like that, but it seems they think that this ridiculous farce of an election just gives them a convenient free pass to treat people like sh!t any time they feel the urge.

I feel bad for you guys, having to try and moderate this madness. It is absolutely insane. One thing I can say that is actually positive about all this, both here and in life, is that the true colors of people have been revealed. I never realized I had so many toxic people in my world. Now I do.
edit on 31246America/ChicagoSun, 09 Oct 2016 18:24:56 -050031pm31282America/Chicago by tigertatzen because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 07:13 PM
link   
The only thing the candidates agree on is that we are the 99% and they would prefer that we stay there. In that sense, you are all my people, some of you are just smarter than the others...

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 01:17 AM
link   

This is part of the conspiracy at play. The media goes for ratings. Getting people addicted to the news cycle relies on them being emotionally invested in the news. Thus, they make sure the news is supporting a close race and that people get angry.
The voters are just pawns and the news is simply getting their ratings so they can make big money on their advertisements.
So, yes, very vicious. This is the way.
Although I have only been here a day, I came here with a conspiracy in mind about this election cycle and the GOP having cooped conspiracy theories. In the past, conspiracy theories worked both ways. This year, they only are hurting Clinton. In fact, there is no difference between the GOP campaign and the conspiracy theory underground. The two have become one.
I was surprised at how angry the people are on this site because I usually associate conspiracy theorists with deep thinkers, not emotionally invested to the outcome of their questions, except to undercover hidden agendas. But then I remembered that the GOP had taken over the community.

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 02:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: JetBlackStare
The only thing the candidates agree on is that we are the 99% and they would prefer that we stay there. In that sense, you are all my people, some of you are just smarter than the others...

You know, I feel much the same. You and I don't always agree, hell; I'd say there are a great number of us who don't agree. There are some occasions when I fantasize about snatching people through the screen and throttling the stupid out of them, I'm not gonna lie. But I still try to get through to them anyway because, at the end of the day; when all this stupid sh!t is over with...we're all going to be left with the same old problems, the same old unresolved issues that we've always had.

Only this time around, this crank of another wheel in the Machine...we're going to be facing it badly divided. We have not just been played. We have been weakened as a nation. They know that in the phrase 'United We Stand, Divided We Fall' are powerful words of truth. So they've infected us with virulent hatred, with paranoia and fear, to make us weak and scattered.

And while it's all too easy to blame people for being in denial, many of them (not all, let me be clear, some people really just are that stupid) are grasping for any shred of a possibility that they have not been swindled into reacting emotionally and abandoning rationality to put into motion something that is diametrically opposed to everything they truly care about regarding the future of this nation. It's too late to change the outcome; if more people had seen it sooner I'm not sure it would have mattered, but if we don't find a way to pull together, we will all lose. We will lose our freedom, what's left of our dignity, and; if the alarming situation with Russia continues to escalate, which I fully believe is a looming possibility, even our lives.

I didn't mean to turn this into a rant, and I apologize, but goddammit...we are all going to lose here if we don't get our collective ass in gear and start paying attention to the things that actually do matter here. I don't give a damn about Hillary and her diapers or whose p*ssy Donald may or may not be groping.

He's a miserable piece of washed up, overblown sh!t, and she's the f*cking Antichrist, and they're probably drinking goblets of infant blood while playing a hearty game of demonic Wack-a-Mole with baby seals and a croquet mallet on the White House lawn with G.W. and Obama right now, laughing at all of the people who actually thought this ridiculous farce of an election actually mattered. All is as planned.

Something very unpleasant is on the horizon, and it'll be the 99% who will feel its impact. But just like any crisis or threat, if we start working together, I believe we can lessen that impact. I can look past the stupidity and the unbelievable naivety...even though sometimes it makes me roll my eyes so hard I can practically check out my own ass...because I am, frankly, frightened at the prospect of a world in which they no longer have the right to believe and say whatever ridiculous nonsense they please. And from where I'm sitting, that is looking more and more possible every minute.

Anyway...I guess I really needed to get that off my chest, haha. But I mean it. I have a very bad feeling that I cannot shake. I hope I'm wrong. I hope you all get to make many jokes at my expense and that of others who have tried to get people to see what we see. But in case everything goes completely sideways in the immediate future, I'm still going to hang in to the bitter end with the rest of the 99%.

I would like to throw a disclaimer out there though; for the perpetually, pathologically stupid...those who refuse to see because they're more interested in keeping score, I'll pity them. But that's all. I'm done wasting my time.
edit on 31482America/ChicagoMon, 10 Oct 2016 02:48:40 -050031am31283America/Chicago by tigertatzen because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 05:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

You're seeing pretty clearly. Theres some that bicker endlessly, enjoying every minute of it.

Ignore them.

Or join in! *__-

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Here is a thread I authored after a previous election, won by Mr Obama.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This thread featured some pretty heated discussion, outright bile, disaffection, race references and saw a fair number of posts get trashed for basically being rubbish by the measure we tend to apply to these things in this setting. It may enlighten you as to just how run of the mill all this recent nonsense is.

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: namelesss

Ignore them.

Or join in! *__-

No thanks. I stopped playing in that sandbox.

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: namelesss

Ignore them.

Or join in! *__-

No thanks. I stopped playing in that sandbox.

It's a giant litterbox now, lol🙀

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join