It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ‘Tex’-Files : Engine Stopping UFO - Levelland, Texas 1957

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 12:00 AM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

I think the fast walker thread, whether true or not, is exactly how the govt is operating, quietly watching and learning what they can. But then telling the public , nothing to see here, move along...

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 04:25 AM
link   

I want to challenge this a all bit, not because I don't buy it but just to be sure...

How accurate are these reports?

Could it have been that the press exagerated things or was even used to write about something out of this world? Did it really happen? Probably you can backfire this idea pretty quickly, but one of my thoughts was disinfo by the USAF released by the press during the Sputnik space race ...

On a side note: my very first car used to stall during rain or humid weather due to a spark plug problem. Humidity is far less exotic then EM ... Besides that, it was a great car

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: zeroPointOneQ

I've seen quite a few film interviews with the main participants. There are too many and too consistent.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   

How accurate are these reports?

Could it have been that the press exaggerated things or was even used to write about something out of this world? Did it really happen? Probably you can backfire this idea pretty quickly, but one of my thoughts was disinfo by the USAF released by the press during the Sputnik space race ...

You are certainly correct to question the reports.

I believe that no one in the USA was aware of the Sputnik II launch until after the Levelland sightings had taken place. This was 1957 and only one other satellite had been launched at this time in history. It also seems that none of the witnesses were familiar with each other or the reports until next morning. The exceptions would be the police investigating. The reports of lights failing and engines stalling seems to be too much of a coincidence.

There are some press cuttings and contemporary reports in the booklets by Loren Gross available in pdf form completely free of charge here : sohp.us...

There were other reports across November 1957 of engine and light failure.

The specific one covering Levelland in depth is here : sohp.us...

If you have the time and patience to go through them then perhaps you'll spot something missed in OP?

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Interesting document covering Levelland.

After skimming through, interested in the time period of the whole event, I noticed that on 3 november the craft was last seen near White Sands Proving Grounds where it landed near the bunker area (not sure if mentioned here yet).

Like you mentioned in other threads before, often near military bases ...

Not drawing conclusions yet and dont' get me wrong, this case is fascinating!

Not wanting to make this another TDL thread, but I believe this type of egg shapes craft was also mentioned in Sekret Machines as well. But that's still fiction.

edit on 28-10-2016 by zeroPointOneQ because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   

After skimming through, interested in the time period of the whole event, I noticed that on 3 november the craft was last seen near White Sands Proving Grounds where it landed near the bunker area (not sure if mentioned here yet).

Very interesting.

The month of 1957 had multiple reports of vehicle engine/headlight failure during UFO sightings (usually within 200 feet or so - which isn't that far at all). Although there are other reports going on well into the 1970s and beyond. There was never such a high concentration of this type of case in one area again. Certainly over such a short space of time.

Levelland was also a UFO case that occurred at the very start of the space race. Whether that has any relevance to the case I don't know.

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Like you mentioned in other threads before, often near military bases ...

It is impossible to completely rule out a military explanation, but it is a real long shot. Almost 60 years later, you would think the private sector would have caught up. As far as we know, the military still cant do it.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 02:23 AM
link   
a reply to: 111DPKING111

True, although I suspect certain research is highly monitored. For instance, I presume you don't do what you want with nuclear energy.

But then again, the witness account could only prove possible involvement, so ...

posted on Mar, 3 2019 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Excellent thread worth rereading and pondering by you guys

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Anyone who has tried to make sense of Project Blue Book's files will note the frustration of getting a complete file on a particular case. Documents are rarely collected altogether in one single document.

However the whole Levelland 1957 - Project Blue Book file is now available in a single 82 page pdf file courtesy of the Black Vault.

The rather odd conclusion from the investigation is below...

edit on 29/3/2020 by mirageman because: ...

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Having a life-long fascination with the general phenomenon so I was vaguely aware of the 1957 Levalland sightings.
More recent close examination of this case (inspired by this site) has led me to almost obsessively research every scrap of data I can find.
Enormous number of hours spent compiling raw data related to the early November '57 events exclusively.
Still more time spent (gf says wasted) cross-referencing this with other datasets spanning the general phenomena history.
I'm getting this increasingly strong feeling that what I'm seeing is - lacking better description - communication of some sort.
That's kinda where my mind is on this at the moment.

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 04:59 PM
link   

The rather odd conclusion from the investigation is below...

You pointed that out in this post:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

But this was a pretty good thread.

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I've never understood how an object can generate a field strong enough to "deaden" the electrical system of a car without frying it, and still have essentially no effect on a witness's nervous system. Unless it's some kind of field associated with EM, but not EM itself. Gravity? Time? Aether? Psi? Anyone here know how all those fields are related?

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

And let's not forget this is 1957. No electronic ignition systems. Points and plugs.

Anyone here know how all those fields are related?
Heh. Even Albert couldn't come up with that answer. And he tried.

edit on 3/29/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2020 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Yes I did. But that was 3 and a half years ago. So it's not quite as rapid a repetition as History Channel TV show of what you've just seen. Although I suppose it could be if you are reading the thread for the first time.

But I appreciate you saying it was a good thread and am glad you are still around Phage!

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join