It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Everything You Hear About Aleppo Is Wrong

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 05:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

I do apologize, I see you are from Australia and this clearly means that you would be unbiased as you say!

All of this bantering between us is off topic and useless.

OP for that I apologize as well.

a reply to: MarioOnTheFly

You are completely ignoring the report from this independent journalist...the only rhetoric is "anti-american idiot". It's pitiful from an intellectual standpoint.

Perhaps you can address the OP and discuss the report!
edit on America/ChicagoSundayAmerica/Chicago10America/Chicago1031amSunday5 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Lets try and not wonder off too far. The topic here is information given by Vanessa Beeley.

My name is Vanessa Beeley. I am an independent investigative journalist, writer and photographer based in France. I contribute regularly to various independent media sites such as 21st Century Wire, the Ron Paul Institute, Globalresearch, Mint Press. I have recently returned from a four week stay in Syria from 24 July until 26th August. The first week, I went as a member of the US Peace Council delegation, and the subsequent three weeks I travelled independently to as many governorates as possible, including Aleppo, in order to continue my own investigation into the organisation known as the White Helmets. My conclusion, after my eighteen-month long analysis and research into this organisation is that they are a US and UK Foreign Office construct, funded and equipped by nations that have a proven vested interest in their stated policy of regime change in Syria & a clear geopolitical agenda in the region.

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 05:24 AM
link   

I'm not American. This allows me to have a non biased perspective. You should try it some time.

The simple fact that you say you are free from bias, is telling, no one is free from it, not me and not you.

Try and stay nonobjective and dig, what's happening is Syria is a complete travesty and NATO hands and the political administrations pushing them are covered in blood.

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 05:28 AM
link   
a reply to: elementalgrove

Perhaps you can address the OP and discuss the report!

Well...if the report is accurate...and I have very little reason to doubt it...it's...sadly...expected

it's the feeling of powerlessness that gets me.

edit:

It also makes me mad that we are complicit in it...by way of ignorance. It's the western coalition...and we're in it.
edit on 9-10-2016 by MarioOnTheFly because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 05:31 AM
link   

What is Aleppo?

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 05:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: greencmp

What is Aleppo?

Hah...are you trolling ?...here's a star.

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 05:35 AM
link   

It is a tragic reality that has unfolded.

What has been happening in Aleppo has been going on for 6 years.

A good question to ask is why all of a sudden is the West paying attention to the deaths of the Syrian population. They have been being massacred by Daesh/Al Nusra/ Moderate rebels whatever name you wish to give them this entire time.

All of a sudden when this mercenary force is finally getting what they deserve America is going to step in and save the people!?

This narrative is ludicrous.

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 05:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: MarioOnTheFly

originally posted by: greencmp

What is Aleppo?

Hah...are you trolling ?...here's a star.

Delicious! Thank you.

Just in a bit of a mood I suppose.

Cheers-

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 05:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus
a reply to: elementalgrove

Cool bananas.

So when Assad uses propaganda, it's fine, but when the axis of evil America does it, nope not cool.

About what I'd expect...

Assad is defending his country from international terrorists recruited by the USA, UK, Turkey from Chechenya and Tunisia, trained in camps by our special forces in Jordan and Turkey then infiltrated into Syria to murder and rape the locals. You got to be an idiot not to see that is so flippin wrong

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 05:40 AM
link   

What is her opinion on Assad dropping barrel bombs on his own people?

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 05:45 AM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

No, he's slaughtering his own people.

He's letting terrorists run rampant in his country.

Did you know he told his forces not to target ISIS locations? He let them flourish in his country and used them to fight the rebels.

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 05:47 AM
link   

What is her opinion on Assad dropping barrel bombs on his own people?

She actually touches on that...but I doubt you'll like it.

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 05:57 AM
link   

terrorists run rampant in his country.

Did you know he told his forces not to target ISIS locations? He let them flourish in his country and used them to fight the rebels.

They are all terrorists the whole lot of them. Rbels? Moderates? Terrorists? They all piss in the same western backed pot. Appologies for using the idiot word btw, you are obviously not one and offer some very good points, I just get wound up when everyone concentrates on what is happening in eastern Aleppo while ignoring the constant terrorist acts against western Aleppo that the media completely ignores. Total madness.

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Of course Assad will label all that oppose him as terrorists, it's his prerogative.

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 06:05 AM
link   
I like the title moderate rebels. Do they only moderately kill civilians and targets within the regime?

People say Assad has allowed Daesh to get a foothold in Syria in order to fight the moderate rebels. B.S the west have allowed Daesh to expand in order to pay for its black projects through the selling of oil.

But please be worried by Daesh, because they murder everyday folk caught up in the Syrian mess and our MSM like to promote the various terrifying ways they murder their victims. Strange, don't you think?

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 06:39 AM
link   
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

Here is a none RT vid report done by a group of none Syrian non Russians but are Americans on what they found out in Syria .

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 06:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

Let's hope America never has a civil war or revolution, going by all the Assad apologists, there's no such thing as moderate rebels, so all the middle class people sick of the government will be, according to you, blood thirsty terrorists.

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 07:20 AM
link   

No, the west stirred the hornet's nest nicely in an attempt to overthrow the Assad regime. They must have known it would provoke a reaction from the Russians, with Syria being its only foothold in the region. And we are where we are because of the West's determination to overthrow Assad at the cost of the civilian casualties we are witnessing, particularly in Aleppo.

With regards to any uprising in any country, the opposition to any sovereign Government would be deemed terrorists. One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter after all.

I'm from the U.K by the way, so even here, if the people were to rise up against the Government, they would be deemed terrorists. Then it would be down to which version of the propaganda you believe in, as with any civil war.
edit on 9/10/16 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 07:21 AM
link   

a reply to: Cobaltic1978

Let's hope America never has a civil war or revolution, going by all the Assad apologists, there's no such thing as moderate rebels, so all the middle class people sick of the government will be, according to you, blood thirsty terrorists.

Well, if they're being funded, armed and given military support by a foreign nation then you probably could call them terrorists.

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 07:26 AM
link   

It is a long video that the2ofusr1 linked to, so I just wanted to post part of the transcript where Donna Nasel(?) (hard to hear that bit) speaks.

Yes it is an emotional appeal segment, so I realize some people might dismiss it, but in this thread it has been posited that this is a civil war it is not. It the Syrian people against mostly paid mercenaries there are no moderate freedom fighters.

I urge you to investigate what is happening there and not to just take the main stream media given narrative, you are being mislead.

26:12 something else it's very important we did have the opportunity to speak with civil society not just all of the organs official organizations and we met with people who have witnessed and lived through and share their experiences with the mercenaries and explain unspeakable things that I'm not going to go into detail about what those were but it was very difficult to sit in the presence of someone whose child was assassinated whose whose niece was kidnapped and is still missing whose daughter was raped kidnapped raped and then sent back male and female rapes we heard about so this is what the US is financing this is what the US is backing and this is not okay and as an American citizen beyond being a peace and human rights activist I will not be silent about what i learned and we have to take responsibility for what's happening in this country and the lack of morality when it comes to our foreign policy

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join