It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To prove you were a God back then what would you "show off"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: DonVoigt
Then I would also build a modern day single hull sailboat which can provide you with the ability to sail up to about 20 degrees from sailing directly into the wind. Ancient sailboats wouldn't even be able to come close to the maneuvering capabilities of a modern day type single hull sailboat.

A good idea, but a significant amount of the ability to do that is because of more modern materials, not necessarily knowledge.

Today, we can make a sailboat with a strong, straight and tall mast and a very stout base connecting to the hull, as well as a deep, strong keel, these are what is necessary to point the sailboat upwind as well as they do.

The forces on the sail bend it backwards at the tip---you need aluminium or the like to bend safely and still stay strong---and force the mast straight down into the hull---you need a very strong structure there.

Look how in pre 20th century sail boats, the sails connected at the center of the mast (which was made from the finest, strongest, most expensive tall wood they could find)---now they connect on one edge. If you tried to fasten the sails on the edge with older materials you would probably break the mast.

By 1850 the ships could point upwind reasonably well. Look at the sail trim and position on this painting.

clipper ship painting

edit on 10-10-2016 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-10-2016 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

originally posted by: hutch622
On topic a Polaroid camera would blow their minds .

That's crossing the line into pure witchcraft, man.

If a Polaroid camera is crossing the line into pure witchcraft, what if I showed them my 3D movies of cats that I took with my Nintendo 3DS?
edit on 10-10-2016 by Junkheap because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Zeimten

A Tazer - then I would ask for my own 10 woman harem - as is befitting of a god. What good's a pc without electricity?

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

So they would fear a tactical nuke never having seen even gunpowder explode? How would you convey the energy they would be subjected to - they'd have to see it in action; and there goes your advantage...unless you carried a few spares.
edit on 10-10-2016 by TheConstruKctionofLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Nothing says god like a big flash of light, a cloud roiling to the heavens, a big hole in the ground. They would pay attention.

Anything less is a magic trick. They knew about magic tricks. Magicians do magic. Sorcerers do magic, not gods.

edit on 10/10/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   

hehehe

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   

You are correct, sir. Even with you for telling the sores they will suffer (radiation), will cement your authority in the world.

For myself...I contemplated it, but honestly, humans are frustratingly annoying when they are supplicants. I just could not do it. I will just rather continue to enjoy my life in the present.

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   

I'd have to say penicillin and knowledgeable farming practices...these things would be considered great gifts from a God, indeed.

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

Farming they were fairly good at. Irrigation, they had. Improvements there would be looked upon as technology.

Medicine. That would be good. But they had healers. Some were better than others.

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Farming they were fairly good at. Irrigation, they had. Improvements there would be looked upon as technology.

Medicine. That would be good. But they had healers. Some were better than others.

So, tell me and ATS your offerings.

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Did that.

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Did that.

Oh! Nevermind. But there is vertical farming which they probably never thought of...I am guessing, except for beans.
edit on 10-10-2016 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-10-2016 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: mbkennel

I'm well aware of the points that you brought up, I've been an avid sailor for over 15 years, but as well knowing the things I know in materials and construction it would be possible for me personally to overcome those obstacles

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 10:52 PM
link   
All y'all talking about sail boats.....

Yes a weapon with silencer would be very interesting to them and hah tactical nuke.... Maybe a pack of 25 grenades would keep them occupied

Fire work stand oh ya that'd be enough to get you the ruler of the world

Hell even a let's say candy stand, them tasting different things so sweet they've never had before . Wizard

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 02:44 AM
link   

vertical farming

Hanging gardens of Babylon was one of the 7 Wonders of the World when I was around 6-7.

en.wikipedia.org...

The Hanging Gardens of Babylon, one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World, is the only one whose location has not been definitively established

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 02:46 AM
link   

candy stand

It would have to have snickers bars and plenty of dark chocolate

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

vertical farming

Hanging gardens of Babylon was one of the 7 Wonders of the World when I was around 6-7.

en.wikipedia.org...

The Hanging Gardens of Babylon, one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World, is the only one whose location has not been definitively established

The hanging gardens were in fact tiered gardening, not the same as vertical gardening using one piece of land for higher crop yields.

blog.brightagrotech.com...

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 12:19 AM
link   
An airplane that is also a glider to save fuel and lots of spare fuel. One sniper rifle and ammo,penicillin and a tv with certain movies that I could use to influence minds with and last a solar generator.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 12:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Slickinfinity

An airplane that is also a glider to save fuel and lots of spare fuel.

Turn off the engine and every airplane is a glider.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 12:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

I like the premise here, except the "proving I'm a God" part. So I'll just pretend this is asking "what would I show off to prove I was worthy of being famous and followed?". That's good enough, right?

First off, most of our technology would be worthless on its own, since we wouldn't have the technology to recharge or repair most of it. Basic automobiles would also suck, since the cobblestone roads and complete lack of roads would probably destroy the axles and make the cars useless. Our most advanced technologies like satellites and advanced weapons systems would also be irrelevant without the infrastructure to actually use or maintain them.

So my answer would probably be a large set of books with modern information. This would include books on various diseases and illnesses, as well as how to cure them and how to create those cures from scratch. It would also include info like how to make basic lightbulbs, transistors, power lines, small hydroelectric dams, etc. It would also include all of the advances of photography and its related technologies; metallurgy and different forms of alloys; collections of different languages and translations between them; various govt patent applications; and much more.

This information would probably make me hated by some authorities and superstitious "commoners" because I could disprove and overcome their own beliefs and techniques. But it would also make me an unparalleled "genius" and possibly considered a shaman or wizard (or angel/demon), depending on the culture I was in. Either way, I'd probably try to set up random schools and teach people how to build printing presses and other forms of early machinery in order to advance them.

Oh yeah, I'd also become filthy rich from spreading my knowledge throughout the world through books in various languages. Muahahahaha! I'd use that wealth to create my own powerhouse corporations, each devoted to different aspects of technology that only I would know the full extent of.

Of course, I'd also get in the good graces of many kingdoms and empires by revealing the locations of major mineral deposits as collateral and goodwill gestures. Other times, I'd reveal more advanced uses for various minerals they already had. I could also slowly divulge the more advanced methods for extracting harder to reach minerals, as well as newer harvesting techniques and much more. That way, I'd be incredibly famous and powerful while also guiding humankind's advancement.
Sounds a bit like leanardo da Vinci vs the church?
edit on 12-10-2016 by ssenerawa because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join