It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is This Sen McCain?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I ask the question after stumbling upon this clip which sounds like the current AZ Senator, and the audio reminded me of listening to voice transmissions in a RATT RIG when I was serving in Desert shield/storm.. I am not a tech genius so I don't know how easy it would be today to create something like this, so I just post it up, in hopes that others can help figure my dilemma out.. It is alleged that this was a recorded broadcast of captured Lt Commander McCain in Vietnam... take a listen and let me know what you think, real... fake? And for those far above me technically, how could this be created if it is a fabrication..

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: JacKatMtn

It does sound alot like McCain to me.

Summary:
He is saying America gov't Bad Vietnam gov't good .

. I don't like McCain, but I can't say I could hold that over him as a POW. To be fair its far easier to talk Sh1t from the comfort of our home than behind enemy lines.
edit on 551031America/ChicagoSat, 08 Oct 2016 21:55:33 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 09:52 PM
link   

It is very likely. There were many ways to force officers to do these. Just a part of normal war propaganda.

Now, I think this Senator is a POS. But I would not hold this against anyone. It is what it is.

P

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: JacKatMtn
I ask the question after stumbling upon this clip which sounds like the current AZ Senator, and the audio reminded me of listening to voice transmissions in a RATT RIG when I was serving in Desert shield/storm.. I am not a tech genius so I don't know how easy it would be today to create something like this, so I just post it up, in hopes that others can help figure my dilemma out.. It is alleged that this was a recorded broadcast of captured Lt Commander McCain in Vietnam... take a listen and let me know what you think, real... fake? And for those far above me technically, how could this be created if it is a fabrication..

It was Common practice by the Vietnamese particularly the NVA to coerce POW's into apologizing for there "war crimes" (not that there weren't plenty of those in Nam) and basically say everything positive they could about there captors. In some cases prisoners would be released if they went along with the program. The Great Werner Herzog film "Rescue Dawn"? Staring Christian Bale as the German-American US Navy Pilot POW Deiter Dingler depicts a scene just like this. Deiter however refuses and goes back to prison.
edit on 8-10-2016 by 191stMIDET because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-10-2016 by 191stMIDET because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Also in my opinion as a musician with pretty damn good ears, this sounds authentic.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: 191stMIDET

It's him..

www.military.com...

Desert Storm for example:
John Peters was a Royal Air Force Pilot during Operation Desert Storm in 1991. He flew low-level daylight missions on Ar Rumaylah Airfield. He was shot down and held captive for 47 days.

Psychological Warfare propaganda. Torture the captive, then make them talk against their will.
edit on 8-10-2016 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Oops... double double post post

edit on 8-10-2016 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Ok, so far you, who have replied, consider this more REAL, than fake... I thought myself that it sounded like Sen McCain..

Survival is a strong motivational factor in the situation he found himself in.. I would think, thankfully, I haven't had that experience...

Being ARMY, my thought is that those who have engaged enemy face to face foxhole to foxhole, may just have a tendency to adhere to the Code of Conduct more true to it's mandate...

I can see a total shock value to those who attack targets from the sky or fire rounds from the sea, there's an insulation, a barrier that the Marines & Army had to face being "boots on the ground"...

Does that mean that the ground pounders were RAMBO? Not at all...

I just think it's not fair to present our fighting folks as more than HUMAN... they are not, we are human...

YMMV

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 10:40 PM
link   

If you're interested on how this could be faked ...

Start watching from about 3:00 to see how video can be faked. Start watching from about 5:30 to see how the voice can be faked. Or just watch the whole thing, it's only 8 min. Keep in mind the tech he is describing is over 17 years old.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 10:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh

It's him..

www.military.com...

Desert Storm for example:
John Peters was a Royal Air Force Pilot during Operation Desert Storm in 1991. He flew low-level daylight missions on Ar Rumaylah Airfield. He was shot down and held captive for 47 days.

Psychological Warfare propaganda. Torture the captive, then make them talk against their will.

Yep, demoralize the enemy by "Converting" the Prisoners.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 10:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: JacKatMtn
Ok, so far you, who have replied, consider this more REAL, than fake... I thought myself that it sounded like Sen McCain..

Survival is a strong motivational factor in the situation he found himself in.. I would think, thankfully, I haven't had that experience...

Being ARMY, my thought is that those who have engaged enemy face to face foxhole to foxhole, may just have a tendency to adhere to the Code of Conduct more true to it's mandate...

I can see a total shock value to those who attack targets from the sky or fire rounds from the sea, there's an insulation, a barrier that the Marines & Army had to face being "boots on the ground"...

Does that mean that the ground pounders were RAMBO? Not at all...

I just think it's not fair to present our fighting folks as more than HUMAN... they are not, we are human...

YMMV

Star for you. Thanks for serving.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Oops again...
My bad, thank you very much for serving as 191stMIDET stated.
That goes to everyone🌟& Flagged.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 10:52 PM
link   

I have read multiple reports of McCain blocking the search for MIA's by other senators saying he was the main reason it failed.

The American Conservative

The sum of the secrets McCain has sought to hide is not small. There exists a telling mass of official documents, radio intercepts, witness depositions, satellite photos of rescue symbols that pilots were trained to use, electronic messages from the ground containing the individual code numbers given to airmen, a rescue mission by a special forces unit that was aborted twice by Washington—and even sworn testimony by two Defense secretaries that “men were left behind.” This imposing body of evidence suggests that a large number—the documents indicate probably hundreds—of the U.S. prisoners held by Vietnam were not returned when the peace treaty was signed in January 1973 and Hanoi released 591 men, among them Navy combat pilot John S. McCain.

In the transcript, General Quang told the Hanoi politburo that 1,205 U.S. prisoners were being held. Quang said that many of the prisoners would be held back from Washington after the accords as bargaining chips for war reparations. General Quang’s report added: “This is a big number. Officially, until now, we published a list of only 368 prisoners of war. The rest we have not revealed. The government of the USA knows this well, but it does not know the exact number … and can only make guesses based on its losses. That is why we are keeping the number of prisoners of war secret, in accordance with the politburo’s instructions.” The report then went on to explain in clear and specific language that a large number would be kept back to ensure reparations.

Some of McCain’s fellow captives at Hoa Lo prison in Hanoi didn’t share his views about prisoners left behind. Before he died of leukemia in 1999, retired Col. Ted Guy, a highly admired POW and one of the most dogged resisters in the camps, wrote an angry open letter to the senator in an MIA newsletter—a response to McCain’s stream of insults hurled at MIA activists. Guy wrote, “John, does this [the insults] include Senator Bob Smith [a New Hampshire Republican and activist on POW issues] and other concerned elected officials? Does this include the families of the missing where there is overwhelming evidence that their loved ones were ‘last known alive’? Does this include some of your fellow POWs?”

There were also video's of pow's released with him that confirmed that he cooperated with the enemy (these were from 2008 when there was less censorship). I am not going to search for them now.

This is a long article but if people care to search I am sure there is much more as I have seen it in the past.

Why the people of Arizona continue to vote for this warmongering scumbag one will never know.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Thank you and all Veterans as well!!!

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 09:52 AM
link   
McCain is a good man. But he should have left government back in 2012. He has a hot wife that is rich. He should be enjoying his life now.

posted on Feb, 18 2017 @ 09:22 AM
link   
February 17, 2017

Senator McCain may be turning to the dark side. He's now ripping the Trump administration before America's allies and enemies alike. Saying that the Presidential Administration of his country is in "Disarray" isn't what a normal American, let alone a U.S. Senator, should say to the world.

Is John McCain OK? : www.foxnews.com...

top topics

join