It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Druids practiced cannibalism

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: tikbalang

You need to read some better history books neighbour. While the Vedic culture was Indo-European it is not the source.

You also need to understand that most other cultures at that time were doing similar things. Including the Vedic.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Y'all need to learn to cite properly neighbour.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I don't know why some are crapping on this O.P but truth be told, ritual cannibalism was a thing in many ancient societies, matter of fact sacrifice and cannibalism are siblings, in an ancient society that I and everyone liked to whoo and awaah over Kmt aka Egypt there is the cannibal hymn of Unas pyramid text.

Pharaoh is Lord of Offerings, who knots the cord, and who himself prepares his meal. Pharaoh is he who eats men and lives on gods, Lord of Porters, who dispatches written messages. It is 'Grasper-of-the-top-knot', who is Kehau, who lassoes them for Pharaoh. It is 'Serpent Raised-head' who guards them for him and restrains them for him. It is 'He-upon-the-willows' who binds them for him. It is Courser, slayer of Lords, who will cut their throats for Pharaoh, and will extract for him what is in their bodies, for he is the messenger whom Pharaoh sends to restrain.

It is Shezmu (6) who will cut them up for Pharaoh, and cooks meals of them in his dinner-pots. Utterance 274 It is Pharaoh who eats their magic and gulps down their Akhs. Their big ones are for his morning meal, their middle-sized ones are for his evening meal, their little ones are for his night meal, their old men and their old women are for his incense-burning. It is the Great Ones in the North of the sky (7) who light the fire for him to the cauldrons containing them, with the thighs of their eldest (as fuel). Those who are in the sky serve Pharaoh, And the butcher's blocks are wiped over for him, with the feet of their women. He has revolved around the whole of the two skies.

He has circled the two banks (8). For Pharaoh is the great power that overpowers the powers. Pharaoh is a sacred image, the most sacred image of the sacred images of the Great One. Whom he finds in his way, him he devours bit by bit
www.maat.sofiatopia.org...

Klik for the rest.
Now this is not to say one would find a human in every pot in ancient Kemet because the god Osiris had outlawed it which is kinda telling in itself about their earlier ancestors, but the text is referring to magical cannibalism where the Pharaoh Unas is ingesting magical powers from some poor soul, it is not even clear that he actually did that in real life, but given the will of powerful men you never know.
Other civilizied people like the Greeks may have mass sacrifices where sometimes include a human or two , in this female priestess of a certain sect would dance themselves into a frenzy to the point where they became werewolves and would tear any unwanted prying males apart and devoured them, plus a whole sloe of cannibalism stories from the Greeks, and not to mention other high civilizations in Meso America and Shang dynasty China, so yes in this the Druids are in good company.
So thank you O.P for increasing our knowledge.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Spid, good lord.. lay off the Egyptians. LOL! We're on to Britain. Druids. I would like MUCH better evidence of ritual or communal cannibalism than one bone that was broken before claiming they were ALL cannibals. KWIM? Ever deal with archaeologists? Theyre great.. but prone to making crap up. LOL!!

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

I don't know why some are crapping on this O.P

I do.
It's because the Druids were all tuned in and spiritual. And stuff.

So were the ancient Hawaiians. I guess.

But it had nothing to do with being hungry. Or fun.

edit on 10/8/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

I don't know why some are crapping on this O.P

I do.
It's because the Druids were all tuned in and spiritual. And stuff.

So were the ancient Hawaiians. I guess.

Ok got it! some times I am slow to pick up on ques.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 10:12 PM
link   

If it's alright to point out, SOME druids MAY have practiced cannibalism.

Most drudics were farmers, harvesters and skilled in herbology and natural plant systems.

Dare say, this is the first I've heard of the cannibalism claim across the board.

No offense, man.
Just sayin'.

Cannibalism (and the practice thereof) is not just isolated to one culture historically, several cultures across the globe have practiced this custom over the course of human history in extreme (and not so extreme) circumstances, some do so as a daily custom but most who do are subject to the effects of Kuru and from what I understand it's not common practice in most cultures anymore because of this.

Some psychopathic killers and religious cults will partake of different parts of the body for different reasons, which widely vary from custom to custom, group to group or even tribe to tribe.

I could go on and on about this, but I'm not a heavy meat eater and my brain is a bit wonky right now as I skipped dinner.

No pun intended.

I'll probably have a spinach salad, so no worries.

Peace.

edit on 10/8/16 by GENERAL EYES because: formatting

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Pssst... in chat about 5 years ago a person I wont name insisted my ancestors were cannibals. Like read something I said on a thread and came in chat specifically to inform me all about my heritage. LMAO!! Called me a cannibal! You just cant take an article and base your belief of something on such flimsy evidence.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I once watched a documentary about a man who could live on air alone, well, he got caught eating.. Always that physical body that messes the spiritual stuff..

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: GENERAL EYES

I heard in an article there was HUMAN DNA in hotdogs. Tasty tasty prion disease...

( FTR.. I dont eat em. Dan says theyre made of lips and buttholes. Akroyd.. he WOULDNT lie! )

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 10:17 PM
link   

And this thread is about evidence that Druids practiced ritual cannibalism and human sacrifice.
Or did I get that wrong?

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 10:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Advantage
Spid, good lord.. lay off the Egyptians. LOL! We're on to Britain. Druids. I would like MUCH better evidence of ritual or communal cannibalism than one bone that was broken before claiming they were ALL cannibals. KWIM? Ever deal with archaeologists? Theyre great.. but prone to making crap up. LOL!!

My point in bringing this up is, it was very common in ancient times to have this practice which was not unique , the Druids did other horrible things like mass burning of people perhaps the origin of "the Burning man", held in the desert of Nevada which a friend of mine performed as a Dj. this year...no one was cannibalized tho..

edit on 8-10-2016 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Advantage

I heard a rumor today that Roast Beef is African American.
That Pastrami is Indian.
That Ham is Caucasian.
And Turkey are the people that believe it.

Rumors.

Usually bad jokes.

a reply to: Phage

Oh, sorry.
I didn't know it was exclusive.

My bad.

I do seem to remember one drudic order that was notriously brutal, but I'm not an authority on them at all.

Some story about a family that lived in a cave and ate unwary travelers and even their own sometimes or something.

Can't remember more.
Sorry.

edit on 10/8/16 by GENERAL EYES because: added additional reply

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 10:43 PM
link   

The Beans dear. Sawney Bean. If you ate more meat youd have a better memory.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 10:53 PM
link   

That Pastrami is Indian.
That Ham is Caucasian.

Ah hold it right dar pilgrim ..Ham is African American according to biblical begats of the sons of Noah..

@ Advantage I understand fully you want to defend your heritage ,trust me on this, however sometimes we have to take a step back and realize they were not exactly like us , that they accomplished great things including knowledge in medicinal herbs and star gazing, managed to aligned great rocks to some point in the night sky or the sun's rays for a specific time of the year, give it up for them, but don't look away if evidence pops up that they did stuff not entirely in keeping with our modern sensibilities, remember their great ways or bad behavior is not our own, we have our load to carry.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 11:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

That Pastrami is Indian.
That Ham is Caucasian.

Ah hold it right dar pilgrim ..Ham is African American according to biblical begats of the sons of Noah..

@ Advantage I understand fully you want to defend your heritage ,trust me on this, however sometimes we have to take a step back and realize they were not exactly like us , that they accomplished great things including knowledge in medicinal herbs and star gazing, managed to aligned great rocks to some point in the night sky or the sun's rays for a specific time of the year, give it up for them, but don't look away if evidence pops up that they did stuff not entirely in keeping with our modern sensibilities, remember their great ways or bad behavior is not our own, we have our load to carry.

Nah, I dont defend it. I dont really care anymore. I do my thing and others do theirs. If I defended it Id be exhausted.
People believe what they want.. because they WANT to. Im def not white. Not from Britain. And dont think ONE bone broken as an animal would for the marrow is proof that "Druids" are cannibals.

LMAO about Ham!! I was reading about shem and ham the other night!!

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Not surprising.

Generally speaking, if demons exist, they exist as what we call entropy.

If the natural and normal flux of human behavior is to empathize and enjoy life with others, then any disturbance of this life-pathway must be a general anomaly. Something must not be right - something structural to the life-pathway - that leads to this sort of negative "phenotype" - must be basic.

This is an evolutionary process - a natural moment by moment inclination of matter, now organized as you and me, wanting to relax its pathways - its life stresses - towards paths of least resistance, which, in a sort of default way, is always care and love for others.

Societies and cities underlie this deviation from normal evolutionary conditions. Technological developments like agriculture and human government, with elites at their head.

If you ask me, I think the problem has always had something to do with the absence of an empirical objective logic to the tradition which compels such strange behavior.

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 12:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Astrocyte
Not surprising.

Generally speaking, if demons exist, they exist as what we call entropy.

If the natural and normal flux of human behavior is to empathize and enjoy life with others, then any disturbance of this life-pathway must be a general anomaly. Something must not be right - something structural to the life-pathway - that leads to this sort of negative "phenotype" - must be basic.

This is an evolutionary process - a natural moment by moment inclination of matter, now organized as you and me, wanting to relax its pathways - its life stresses - towards paths of least resistance, which, in a sort of default way, is always care and love for others.

Societies and cities underlie this deviation from normal evolutionary conditions. Technological developments like agriculture and human government, with elites at their head.

If you ask me, I think the problem has always had something to do with the absence of an empirical objective logic to the tradition which compels such strange behavior.

Thats a fancy way of saying.. sometimes folks out there got hangry and ate some someone for some reason we dont know...

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Well I'll be dipped in honey and spread on toast.

I didn't know about the Ham.

Learn something new every day.

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Druid is a social class. This is more Roman propaganda against the Celtic peoples. Scientists know nothing and fabricate everything, at the behest of the agenda of monied parties.
edit on 9-10-2016 by HUMBLEONE because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join