It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Real Danger of Donald Trump

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   
When I think about Donald Trump, a lot of things come to mind. Yeah he's a blow-hard, brash, asshole. Probably bigoted like any rich person living in their money bubble. Anyone who's surprised by his latest comments obviously didn't watch the Howard Stern show or hear Trump back in the 90's. And yes, all of those things are bad and should be taken into consideration, but that's not what frightens me the most about the chance of him winning the presidency.

It's what he represents.

Deplorables, get your heads out of your baskets. I'm not talking about you. If Trump manages through some black magic to finagle the white house then he opens the door for a flood of entertainer presidents. Entertainer politicians. In the future if it continues unabated Hollywood will be a prerequisite for holding public office. Like it or not, Trump is an entertainer. Most of the money he's made in the past 10-15 years has been from the licensing of his name and his work in television. While this is all good as long as someone who's values match your own is running for office, imagine what happens when the other side whips enough people up into a frenzy to believe anything they say and vote for them.

Conservatives, do you really want to live through a Oprah/Clooney presidency? Or how about Jolie/Kanye? Liberals do you want live through a Creflo Dollar presidency? (That made me laugh out loud typing it but you get my drift.) Any celebrity idiot that can whip enough people up into a rage will be a serious contender for president, and all an actor has to do is act.

Dangerous precedent to set. All I'm saying.
edit on 8-10-2016 by underwerks because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Just going to mention this:

You think the clowns we have in government now are any better than the ones you propose?

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Hillary represents the same dangerous precedent. She advocates the thought of a "dictator" and not a public servant. She has proven that she is higher than the law and that we the people are subservient to her and her ilk.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket

Just going to mention this:

You think the clowns we have in government now are any better than the ones you propose?

I thought about that as I was writing this. Sadly. Very sadly.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Conservatives, do you really want to live through a Oprah/Clooney presidency? Or how about Jolie/Kanye?

All four would be better than the pair of scoundrels currently on offer lol

I take it back about Kanye. He's like a black Trump...thin-skinned, massive ego and loves himself.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Thanks for confirming that forum thread rules have been SUSPENDED at ATS. Cursing in the post, and no links to outside sources. Everything is deteriorating. Earth will see World War III before long.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky

Conservatives, do you really want to live through a Oprah/Clooney presidency? Or how about Jolie/Kanye?

All four would be better than the pair of scoundrels currently on offer lol

I take it back about Kanye. He's like a black Trump...thin-skinned, massive ego and loves himself.

As bad as that is I agree with you.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

that's hysterical considering some of the Hillary health threads you op'd. lol. the comedy never stops!

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   
You think the possibility of opening flood gates for celebs to run for political office is one of the biggest concerns? Please pull your head from the sand and see the bigger picture. Other celebs running for an office is one of my least concerns with who becomes pres. How about the Syria/Russia drama? Illegals in the country? Terrorist attacks? Taking care of our homeless/poor? I could go on, and on.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: gunshooter
You think the possibility of opening flood gates for celebs to run for political office is one of the biggest concerns? Please pull your head from the sand and see the bigger picture. Other celebs running for an office is one of my least concerns with who becomes pres. How about the Syria/Russia drama? Illegals in the country? Terrorist attacks? Taking care of our homeless/poor? I could go on, and on.

I wouldn't say it's a main concern but it is something that should be talked about. Once we reach a point of sliding down that far it's hard to come back. And that's going to make everything you listed there extremely more volatile.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   
The republicans already jumped that shark with the Reagan inauguration & have been steadily sinking ever lower with each passing decade.

Trump is the culmination of the republican parties propaganda & policies that started with the southern gambit & gained momentum when they courted the crazy evangelicals & their theocratic dominionist rabble.
Add the manufactured lunacy of the teabaggers & you have the recipe for the current catastrophe.

K~
edit on 8-10-2016 by aethertek because: wrds

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Trump's 2005 inappropriate remarks about a woman

VS

Hillary's 2016 lies and "I didn't knows" on mishandling our nation's security with emails.

What's worse?

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   
What? The same way Reagan did?
I don't think so.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: trontech
What? The same way Reagan did?
I don't think so.

Reagan was a B-list actor though. This isn't the 80's. People are way more influenced by the media today and it's only snowballing and getting bigger.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Can you name one person in Hollywood who supports Trump?

Rather it's the opposite. Hollywood is telling you who not to vote for, and you're doing exactly what they want you to.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

Can you name one person in Hollywood who supports Trump?

Rather it's the opposite. Hollywood is telling you who not to vote for, and you're doing exactly what they want you to.

I didn't mean Trump is representative of Hollywood, I'm talking about entertainers in general. On either side of the political isle. And the catastrophe's that await this country when they get into real power.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   

While I agree that his success only pushes for future celebrity policy makers, I also believe that his run is proving to be more good than bad. This opinion stems from the belief that Hillary will win office. In decades past, republicans collaborated to cause the disbanding of the Reform party... Pat Buchanan pretty much temporarily high jacked the reform party, caused it to be disbanded, then returned to the Republican party for work as usual thereafter.

Well, this is karma coming back full swing on the Republicans and it is fully deserved. Trump briefly entered the 2000 election, only to drop out due to inner turmoils in the Reform party. Trump, while seeing the low level of support for both parties stepped in to get some paybacks. Now, 16 years forward, Trump has managed to disband the Republican party. This single fact makes his success thus far a good thing. Now, we are seeing the failure of the 2 party tyrannies surface.... Republicans are treading to stay afloat while Democrats seemingly look to the public to support the wrongdoings of ole... they damn near lost their argument when Bernie got involved.

I support to abolish the 2 party system, and deem it so longstanding with its tyrannies that the face of the franchise does not matter. I wish for a citizen ran government as it was designed... not a system of which we vote for wives and sons of former presidents. If it's blue or red endorsed, it typically can be labelled as a gang.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   

While I agree that his success only pushes for future celebrity policy makers, I also believe that his run is proving to be more good than bad. This opinion stems from the belief that Hillary will win office. In decades past, republicans collaborated to cause the disbanding of the Reform party... Pat Buchanan pretty much temporarily high jacked the reform party, caused it to be disbanded, then returned to the Republican party for work as usual thereafter.

Well, this is karma coming back full swing on the Republicans and it is fully deserved. Trump briefly entered the 2000 election, only to drop out due to inner turmoils in the Reform party. Trump, while seeing the low level of support for both parties stepped in to get some paybacks. Now, 16 years forward, Trump has managed to disband the Republican party. This single fact makes his success thus far a good thing. Now, we are seeing the failure of the 2 party tyrannies surface.... Republicans are treading to stay afloat while Democrats seemingly look to the public to support the wrongdoings of ole... they damn near lost their argument when Bernie got involved.

I support to abolish the 2 party system, and deem it so longstanding with its tyrannies that the face of the franchise does not matter. I wish for a citizen ran government as it was designed... not a system of which we vote for wives and sons of former presidents. If it's blue or red endorsed, it typically can be labelled as a gang.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: aethertek

Reagan was a cavalry officer BEFORE he was an actor.
Something SJWs tend to miss.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: avgguy
Hillary represents the same dangerous precedent. She advocates the thought of a "dictator" and not a public servant. She has proven that she is higher than the law and that we the people are subservient to her and her ilk.

She represents something, but that something isn't the same as Trump. Wasn't it Richard Nixon who said "If the president does it, it isn't illegal."? That's how I see Hillary, a liberal Nixon.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join