It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black man declares "I am the God of Jesus"

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Sahabi

But what about melanin and how black people can creatively do things with melanin more than others?

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: greg302
a reply to: Sahabi

I guess that is true. It just surprised me because you almost never hear anyone being called the God of Jesus.

That is because A good portion of Christians don't actually read their own book

They just buy what their pastor is selling... hook, line, and sinker

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

They definitely do, but then how come when arguments happen about the bible, "the God of Jesus" never comes up as a point of contention? You figure that that would be a slam dunk for someone to use against Christianity.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   

They definitely do, but then how come when arguments happen about the bible, "the God of Jesus" never comes up as a point of contention? You figure that that would be a slam dunk for someone to use against Christianity.

Christianity is 90% Trinitarian... a concept that isn't actually found in the bible aside from two passages that are well known additions to the texts...

Jesus did not recognize a trinity... Nor did Paul, or any of the apostles

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: greg302

Start here;

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   

I'm not disagreeing with that. I'm just wondering why, when people have a 2 hour argument against Christians, why is it that "the God of Jesus" never comes up since that concept is so clearly stated right there in the bible?

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Just tell me, if you can, in a few sentences what you the origins of humanity are, because you disagreed with the opening sentence of the youtube video, so if you had to write a counter opening sentence what would it be?

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 05:58 PM
link   

What Christianity became is not what it was meant to be... by the time all the true followers of Jesus died the movement separated into many different versions of it... One sect won that war, the trinitarians

Theres quite a few places in the book where Jesus says the Father is greater then all... and in no circumstance does he ever claim to be God, or equal to God...

these concepts are drilled into the average Christian from a young age... to the point where questioning said doctrine could very well mean the loss of all family and friends... and all ties to them

Jesus clearly had a God... and it wasn't himself

the concept of his God never comes up because, again... most Christians don't actually read their bible... let alone the gospels... they aim for Paul, and read what their pastor tells them to

For example, your average Christian has no idea that the god of the OT was actually a blood thirsty maniacal terrorist

Pass that one by a Christian and you will automatically be dismissed as "of the Devil"

edit on 8-10-2016 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Ok, I understand why a Christian who was raised Christian won't bring it up even if they see it, based on the threat of rejection. But I'm more wondering why when someone, who was never raised Christian, has an argument with a Christian that "the God of Jesus" is not brought up. This person basically has nothing to lose, so why not say such a biblically undeniable statement that most Christians have no idea about? I've seen people who weren't raised Christian at all and read the whole bible just in order to have an argument with a Christian, yet not even hint at the concept of "the God of Jesus". They talk about "God the Father" and "the Father" and "the God of Israel", and "the Old Testament God", but they never touch on "the God of Jesus from Jn 20:17 and Jn 17:3". Why?

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 06:10 PM
link   

that's actually a good question...Though the answer is quite simple...

Jesus has been recognized as "God in the flesh" for almost the entire history of the religion

John 1
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

2 The same was in the beginning with God.

3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

This states clearly that Jesus IS the creator... Christians don't realize one issue with this idea...

This is Narrative from the author of the book... Not the words of Jesus

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 06:20 PM
link   

But how is that an answer to why someone, who wasn't raised Christian, would not speak directly about the concept of "the God of Jesus" while arguing with a Christian, when it would obviously be a difficult thing for the Christian to respond to? Shouldn't "the God of Jesus from Jn 20:17 & Jn 17:3" thing be used all the time? Why isn't it used?

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Again... the idea of the trinity is ingrained into society

First of all, IF one is raised with no concept of Christianity... they would also not realize that the OT isn't actually Christian material... to most people including Christians its ONE book... which is far from the truth

Secondly One would have to wade through all the books of the OT... All of Matthew, Mark, Luke... and finally get to john... and were talking 17 to 20 chapters into the book

now don't get me wrong... the bible is a great read, but its very long winded... and reading it from cover to cover will never offer understanding of the material... Trust me

Most people that are as you mentioned, "read the bible to argue with Christians" are not actually well versed in the material within said book(s)... usually those kind of people actually don't read the material, they're digging through an Anti-Christian website... so they're usually not arguing from a learned position in any case

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 06:41 PM
link   
One night years ago, while staring at the stars I heard the voice of God tell me "I could tell you the meaning of life, and all the secrets of the universe, but you must first go insane." I politely declined the offer

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Oh ok, so you are saying that everyone is brainwashed to miss things like "the God of Jesus", even if they are not Christian.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Oh ok, so you are saying that everyone is brainwashed to miss things like "the God of Jesus", even if they are not Christian.

basically yes... Unless one knows the material

Chances are even if they don't, the concept of Jesus being God is still an idea most have heard

Its all over TV, art, and media... and has been a theme in the western world since its conception... Even though back then there were still people that saw through the veil

Issac Newton comes to mind immediately actually

And there have always been those who read and understand... but until the past few hundred years they were disposed of IF they disagreed with the church

Such things have always happened when it comes to religion

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Ok, makes sense. I wish more people would actually look at what the bible says.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Now as far as the OP goes... buddy might as well just get in line

There's been thousands of people that claimed to be God, or Jesus...

All turn out to be nothing but a troll on the net... This one seems to mix a bit of mormonism in with his shtick

Nothing new here though

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 01:00 AM
link   

I personally NEVER heard someone to claim to be "the God of Jesus".

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 02:28 AM
link   

I've heard people claim "I am God". I've rarely heard anyone claim "I am the God". But I've never heard anyone claim "I am the God of Jesus" which is exactly what this man is claiming in this video,

This crap springs up as regularly as the sun rises.
The world is filled with the insane!
I don't even need to see his video!
No 'God' ever needs to validate his Godhood on frikking youtube!
And there are still those who will believe anything!
We NEED a good nuclear war!

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: namelesss

I've heard people claim "I am God". I've rarely heard anyone claim "I am the God". But I've never heard anyone claim "I am the God of Jesus" which is exactly what this man is claiming in this video,

This crap springs up as regularly as the sun rises.
The world is filled with the insane!
I don't even need to see his video!
No 'God' ever needs to validate his Godhood on frikking youtube!
And there are still those who will believe anything!
We NEED a good nuclear war!

He utilized text and writing, so has every other religion or spiritual guru.

He simply put up his writing, its a scrolling text. The bible and other books are texts too. I wouldn't count him out because he used writing because then you have to count out a lot of others.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join