It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks Podesta email leak Edgar Mitchell ETI claim

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 09:59 PM
link   
As I stated before if any one can confirm a response from Podesta , then we have something. The e-mails are FROM mitchell TO Podesta.

Most likely these e-mails ended up in his [email protected] junk mail folder without him even opening them ( along with testosterone pill ads).

The sole other e-mail about this topic in wiki links was also FROM Mitchell TO Podesta. Sent 8 months earlier.

https://__._/podesta-emails/emailid/1766

My guess is a lot of people potentially "in the know" received similar from Mitchell. God bless his initiative but I think he was just playing a game of go fish.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: billydebunker....

Now you're shamelessly dragging old experiments into the conversation? LOL, does that still work on anybody? "Hey, forget aliens, let's examine some parking tickets these astronauts got fifty years ago!"

Why don't you want people to read Mitchell's report on the Apollo-14 experiment and assess his judgment for themselves?

I don't question his boldness in carrying it out -- I've applauded that from the beginning.

I would just suggest, related to the issue at hand, that Mitchell's creatively reformulating the definition of 'hit' several times in the report, seemingly in order to turn an essentially random series of guesses into an apparently statistically significant result, is worth examining. Why hasn't ANYONE here actually DONE that?
edit on 8-10-2016 by JimOberg because: add comment

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 11:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimOberg

originally posted by: billydebunker....

Now you're shamelessly dragging old experiments into the conversation? LOL, does that still work on anybody? "Hey, forget aliens, let's examine some parking tickets these astronauts got fifty years ago!"

Why don't you want people to read Mitchell's report on the Apollo-14 experiment and assess his judgment for themselves?

Why have you spent year after year trying to smear the reputations of heroic American astronauts who are no longer alive to defend themselves? Funny how the only astronauts you attack are the ones who have gone on the record as stating that alien contact is a reality. Why is that Jim?

Tell us again how a rocket in 1963 means that thousands of people didn't see a mile-wide craft go over two states, lol.
Tell us again how we just can't trust our perceptions enough to describe an alien contact event? I guess we shouldn't drive a car, if we can't trust our perception of reality, right Jim?
Tell us more of your stories about rockets and unreliable witness, about dead astronauts who don't buy into your debunker agenda.
Tell me again how I wasn't actually present at alien contact events.

Your body of work over the last few decades appears to be a textbook example of disinformation, but let me make this perfectly clear: I am NOT saying I know for a fact that you are employed to lie to the American public about the reality of alien contact. I would have no way of actually knowing if that were the case.

But is it true that there were charges your debunker organization CSICOP fraudulently rigged tests on psychic ability to skew the results and insure a negative result, and they were sued by 20/20 for doing just that? And your founding members quit for the same reason? Did I get that right, or am I mistaken? Please, correct me if that didn't happen.

What I can say with certainty is that you have spent decades in a futile attempt to convince people that aliens are not here. And that you will surely follow Phil Klass onto the ash heap of history as another public figure who was either intentionally or accidentally dead wrong about seventy years of alien contact.

But I promise you, I will make certain that your legacy is discussed with the same level of respect you show for Col. Gordon Cooper and Edgar Mitchell.

That is my promise to you. You can count on it.

edit on 8-10-2016 by billydebunker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 11:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: primespickle
Not to burst anyone's bubble, but this looks like it's just a spam email.

The sender is [email protected] which is associated with this website.

Quote from the about us page

Dr. Suzanne Mendelssohn is Founder and CEO of Fundraising in the Public Interest, FPI, which she began many years ago. She also has over 40 years of fundraising experience, including being named first female president of fundraising firm ORAM, 4th largest firm of its kind at the time.

Suzanne is Earth’s ONLY ETI obedience healer. Because she is a healer, science and medical intuitive and consultant with special experience in science, particularly zero point energy, theology, consciousness, health care, peacemaking, poverty eradication, race relations, justice for women and the environment, we look for 501(c)(3) organizations whose mission is related.

FPI is a small family oriented firm, and uses no advertising or website. Suzanne named Terri Executive Vice President. They work from their homes by phone and computer, in their respective states.

FPI is a transformational change agent, and works only with billionaire donors to support the work of their clients who are involved in radical social change for the planet.

Seems like a quack to me. Maybe I am wrong?

Um, didn't this post pretty much invalidate the OP? It's just spam... no astronauts need apply.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 11:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: billydebunker

But I promise you, I will make certain that your legacy is discussed with the same level of respect you show for Col. Gordon Cooper and Edgar Mitchell.
That is my promise to you. You can count on it.

I read Mitchell's Apollo-14 ESP report, have you?

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Notice how Mitchell goes out of his way to to specify; first Man on the Moon?

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 12:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: billydebunker
a reply to: klassless

I don't know how long Mr Mitchell has to live but I hope his dementia prevents him from continuing his blabbing, soon I hope.

He's dead, bright guy. And we don't know how long you have to live, but your dementia sure hasn't slowed your babbling down.

And you live up to your name with venomous posts like this. You live up to your name, you're as classless as Phil Klass was. Thank goodness his babbling stopped, right?

Well, you finally got a good one on me. Mea culpa as I knew it from back in early Feb. when I read his obit. I forgot all about him until this thread started and I blew it. However, my opinion of Mitchell, and you
, will not change!
edit on 9-10-2016 by klassless because: To correct grammar.

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 12:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: OneBigMonkeyToo

originally posted by: klassless
a reply to: AutOmatIc

I don't know how long Mr Mitchell has to live but I hope his dementia prevents him from continuing his blabbing, soon I hope.

He died in February.

His belief in extra terrestrial intelligence, a UFO presence on Earth and other slightly whacky theories are well known, but he never claimed to have met or seen anything himself. He just met people who claimed they had. Those people haven't either.

You pointed out his problems. Although he had to be brilliant to accomplish what he did, there was a weak side to him: he was gullible beyond mondo and he had no skeptic filters, he just ran wild with his stories that as Oberg pointed out he believed, promoted, and perpetuated. You would think that his mind would have developed some kind of mental barrier to the outlandish tales told to him and he would have asked for evidence. But "evidence" is not in believers' dictionaries.

If he hadn't been such a buffoon I would have thought of him in more respectable terms. The other astronauts didn't lose their minds.

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 01:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun

All you need to do to have some serious self-thoughts about the matter of our ET overlords is to review the many accounts from former Air Force officers about UFOs that hung over restricted aircraft zones above missile silos AND scrambled the codes of the missiles "safely" stored down below under yards of concrete.

They have allowed us to test their limits and I fear, as did Mitchell, their patience is wearing thin as we can't seem to discard the stick of pure aggression in its several forms.

Not a religious person here, but the ancient records both in the Bible and elsewhere clearly indicate that even in the days when weapons of war were swords and bows that the ETs did take drastic actions against some aspects of "humanity."

Total bs! "Our ET overlords"?
There is no solid, irrefutable evidence that the tales of UFOs affecting missile silo codes. That's hearsay fantasy. Mitchell had no particular, special, secret knowledge about alleged aliens to make any claims about aggression on their part. Again, Mitchell was impressionable and he would believe you if you told him you came from the constellation of Central Apoplexy!

And the jewish bible is the last thing you should use as reference for the topic under discussion. They were primitive. I challenge you to post the evidence for your bible comments.

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 02:50 AM
link   
S&F, op. I saw something about this on YouTube...

And, by the response from our resident disinfo/debunker agents on ATS, it makes me think there's more to this email than they want us to know.

Where's the mods? Some of these responses are just down right nasty. So much for decorum in the Aliens&UFO forum.

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 02:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

The following information in italics was shared with me by my colleague Carol Rosin , who worked closely for several years with Wernher von Braun before his death.
Carol and I have worked on the Treaty on the Prevention of the Placement of Weapons in Outer Space, attached for your convenience.

A dubious source and standard fair from Edgar Mitchell I think.

Standard fair by Edgar Mitchell?

Let's just run through a few things about the great man that is Edgar Mitchell, Sc.D.

Presidential Medal of Freedom (1970)
Manned Spacecraft Center Superior Achievement Award (1970)
City of New York Gold Medal (1971)
Arnold Air Society's John F. Kennedy Award (1971)
Navy Astronaut Wings
Navy Distinguished Service Medal
NASA Distinguished Service Medal
three NASA Group Achievement Awards
Inducted into the International Space Hall of Fame (inducted 1979)
Inducted into the United States Astronaut Hall of Fame on October 4, 1997.[36]
Mitchell's other awards included:

Honorary Doctorates from:
New Mexico State University (1971)
Carnegie-Mellon University (1971)
University of Akron (1979)
Embry-Riddle University (1996)
American Astronautical Society's Flight Achievement Award
Carnegie Mellon University Alumni, Outstanding Man of the Year (1972)
Kappa Sigma, Man of the Year Award (1972)
Adventurers Club, Gold Medal Award for Exploration
Drexel University, Engineering and Science Award for Explorations in Consciousness (1974)
The Explorers Club, Lowell Thomas Award for Explorations in Human Consciousness (1980)

And then there is you Gortex, an anonymous nobody on a conspiracy forum.

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 03:25 AM
link   
a reply to: skyblueworld

Standard fair by Edgar Mitchell?

Yes

Let's just run through a few things about the great man that is Edgar Mitchell, Sc.D.

He has qualifications and went to the Moon therefore anything he says is to be believed , I understand.

As I'm an anonymous nobody I'm not allowed to have an opinion ?
Got it.

edit on 9-10-2016 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 06:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: skyblueworld....

When YOU looked over his Apollo-14 ESP report, what was YOUR impression of his scientific rigor?

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

An email like that sent to a gmail account

Some people are just so desperate for this to be true if it was a letter POSTED by Mog from Zog they would believe it was true.

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
First these aliens are scared of us for figuring out how to make an atomic bomb, and now they're helping us access zero point energy? These aliens need to get their Prime Directive figured out.

Zero point energy doesn't have a half life of million's of years, if we want to destroy ourselves with that energy, then it would be quick and simple, with no waste.

If you are going to give a destructive race energy, why not give them something that doesn't mess everything up for everyone universally. lol

Wiki

Of particular concern in nuclear waste management are two long-lived fission products, Tc-99 (half-life 220,000 years) and I-129 (half-life 15.7 million years), which dominate spent fuel radioactivity after a few thousand years.

I read somewhere long ago and it stuck with me, that when a nuclear device is detonated it effect many dimensions, not just the earthly plain. Not sure how much validity there is to it, but it made some sense. Maybe this what they are referring to.
edit on 9-10-2016 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: neformore
a reply to: JimOberg

or...how about he stays on topic and discusses the OP of the thread instead of taking a different direction?

Just a thought...

Out of curiosity, did you read the 7 posts by the banned member between Jim's post and yours? Anyway, what are your thoughts on the ESP experiments by Mitchell?

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Kapriti

It's not even close to being the end of this.

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: spiritualarchitect

About as deep as an individual with his moral standing can go. I'm sure if he knew the full extent of what was happening he wouldn't keep his mouth shut any longer. He walked on the moon but was forced to uphold a lie about what he witnessed there.

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Why is Edgar Mitchell's email listed as [email protected]?...

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Iamnotadoctor
Edgar entered the credibility range of Mr. Lear, and Captain Lazar in the last 20 years of his existence...

Can you give an example to back up the statement?

I haven't seen too much from Edgar myself but what little I have seen was nothing more than statements along the lines of "I've never personally seen anything myself but I've been told by people in the know that the phenomenon is real".

So I'd be interested to know what he said that made him lose his credibility.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join