It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A lone Black Chopper unmarked last night above me and Fermi ll Nuclear reactor Lake Erie, MI

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 02:12 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyingFox

And...... They also haven't been used by the US military in over 30 years.
edit on 6/10/2018 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Interesting story. How common is it for Chinooks to fly I wonder?

I ask because I live in Quebec in the bush far from any city, and I have a Chinook in my neighborhood frequently flying the last couple of months. There are no bases nearby, listed ones anyway, and we are really far from anything!

It has been around at least once weekly , or more, for the last 3 months or so.

There are 13 Chinooks listed in service in Canada. There is one listed use, other than any emergencies, which is a planned flight to check a weather station in the northern part of the province once a year.

I wonder if its odd how frequently its been around here and why.

It looks black or really dark green and I cannot find any pictures online of Canadian Chinooks painted this dark. Maybe I just can't find them.

It feels out of place to me, and its a new thing.

My pic is horrible Im going to try to get a better one.

I saw your thread and had to post.

Hope you can catch a pic! Good luck!

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: tiredoflooking

Extremely common. There are 1200 built and in use worldwide, with somewhere around 500 or more being in US service.

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Two or three have flown over where I work on a couple of occasions. What a racket they make. For whatever reasons they flew very low like 500ft and we could hear them approaching for some time before they came into view. I had no idea how few there are or is 1200 a lot?

a reply to: tiredoflooking

Wow! That birds-eye photograph looks like paradise on Earth. What a beautiful location for a home. I've been gazing at it for a minute and can almost put myself on the lawn and hear the water, bugs and birds. Great fishing I expect. We've got similar places in Cumbria, Wales and Scotland and they come with clouds of midges

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

That's actually a lot for aircraft. The Lockheed C-130, which is the longest continuously produced aircraft ever built, only had a total of about 2500 of all models (all but the E, H, and J are retired from military service at this point IIRC) as of 2015. And they've been building those for 60+ years (first flight was 1954).

Helicopters generally stay pretty low, so that they stay out of the way of other air traffic. That lets them fly under controlled airspace, and a lot of air traffic.

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Interesting.

They were lower than any flight of helicopters I've seen. It'd be great to see them again for the novelty.

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

And...... They also haven't been used by the US military in over 30 years.

That's exactly what they want you to think.

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 08:32 PM
link   

No, that's exactly what I know. I spent many years on the ramp after they were no longer in use. They were long gone. No parts, no supply codes, nothing. Some were sold off to civilians, such as CalFire, but the majority of them were sent to the Boneyard and later scrapped. In fact one of them that was based in Hawaii was sold to a civilian there. I watched it fly around for a few years until he had to dispose of it.

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger
Ok...now Ive seen one. I have NEVER seen any all black unmarked Huey type choppers, and yet here was just 1...over a Nuke Reactor, along the U.S./Canadian border...alone. As we are on the Canadian Border of the Detroit River entrance, I see Border Patrol, Customs and immigration and Coast Guard vessels and planes all the time. This was different...

Last night at sunset, after sitting on the shore of Lake Erie within sight of the Nuke Towers of Fermi ll, the wife, the dog and I were parked in the car when I heard what I thought was a prop plane. I looked over the City of Monroe MI and the River Raisin and saw it turn north toward the shoreline and coming right towards us.

The wife said it sounds like a helicopter not a prop plane. Quite low...maybe a couple hundred or so feet…as it flew towards us, I could then identify the sounds of dual props, unlike single props we hear when its a news chopper. As it flew directly over my open sunroof, I could see a single strobe underneath its black, no markings exterior. As a "sensitive"...I found this an odd occurrence as we see everything else all the time. I felt a really, really odd feeling like they were looking down into my sunroof as they passed over.

It continued over us quite low N. E. and passed right over the 2 Nuke towers (steaming as normal) on a trajectory leading to Downtown Detroit up the Detroit River...Im assuming to the Selfridge Air Base in Clinton Township north of Detroit. These days, Selfridge is an Air National Guard Base.

I guess all the facts put together made it odd to me.

1. A single black unmarked chopper
2. "Strange vibes" as it passed over us
3. Flying directly to and OVER a Nuke Reactor
4. NO other government (as usual constantly) Coast Guard, Border Patrol, Customs and Immigration vehicles airborne or watercraft anywhere in sight (also unusual).

So, now Ive had my own sighting. And as a life-long “sensitive”… I always trust my intuition..."sensitives" are that for that reason. And my feelings were not good....

MS

Two comments in one: First, great post! Your description of the incident was very detailed and yes, it would make one wonder why is it unmarked? who/what is it? Second, I thank you for adding the fact that you have been a sensitive all your life and that the occurence gave you "bad vibes". I also have that type of thing and people don't always take a person seriously when they say "it had bad vibes" lol. I go on instinct as well whenever it occurs because normally those feelings are accurate.

Maybe you will see another one also, so keep ATS informed if you see anything else unusual!

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: TruthJava

Hey! Thanks...I do know all the unmarked vehicles in air or ground because of being a Homeland Security/FEMA 1st Responder, and my daily EMT job...and training constantly.

This incident threw me due to 3 things.
1. Saw an "bi-plane"ish vehicle following the shorline coming straight at us.
2. My sunroof open...(and I hardly use it)...so I looked up thru and it was now a black no marking dual rotor chopper.*
" I am certified in LZ 7... preparing emerg. landing zones for copters in er/disasters.
3). It flew South to North right over the dual nuke stacks.

I know what I saw and heard...and both changed within maybe 45 secs.

We have H.land Sec., Border Patrol, State Police, military everyday along this Canadian/US border...this was a morph in sight and sound in seconds.

Sensitive from childhood, took me years to control and frightened me in the beginning.

Now, I use it daily and wife always follows my lead when I get away from or head towards people, places and objects.

Best...M.S.

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger
Ok...now Ive seen one. I have NEVER seen any all black unmarked Huey type choppers, and yet here was just 1...over a Nuke Reactor, along the U.S./Canadian border...alone. As we are on the Canadian Border of the Detroit River entrance, I see Border Patrol, Customs and immigration and Coast Guard vessels and planes all the time. This was different...

Last night at sunset, after sitting on the shore of Lake Erie within sight of the Nuke Towers of Fermi ll, the wife, the dog and I were parked in the car when I heard what I thought was a prop plane. I looked over the City of Monroe MI and the River Raisin and saw it turn north toward the shoreline and coming right towards us.

The wife said it sounds like a helicopter not a prop plane. Quite low...maybe a couple hundred or so feet…as it flew towards us, I could then identify the sounds of dual props, unlike single props we hear when its a news chopper. As it flew directly over my open sunroof, I could see a single strobe underneath its black, no markings exterior. As a "sensitive"...I found this an odd occurrence as we see everything else all the time. I felt a really, really odd feeling like they were looking down into my sunroof as they passed over.

It continued over us quite low N. E. and passed right over the 2 Nuke towers (steaming as normal) on a trajectory leading to Downtown Detroit up the Detroit River...Im assuming to the Selfridge Air Base in Clinton Township north of Detroit. These days, Selfridge is an Air National Guard Base.

I guess all the facts put together made it odd to me.

1. A single black unmarked chopper
2. "Strange vibes" as it passed over us
3. Flying directly to and OVER a Nuke Reactor
4. NO other government (as usual constantly) Coast Guard, Border Patrol, Customs and Immigration vehicles airborne or watercraft anywhere in sight (also unusual).

So, now Ive had my own sighting. And as a life-long “sensitive”… I always trust my intuition..."sensitives" are that for that reason. And my feelings were not good....

MS

I'm on the Canadian side of the border. If I look almost due west, I can see the Monroe cooling towers, which are about 3 km as the crow flies.

Although I couldn't see this helicopter because of the low cloud deck, I did hear it go over my house shortly before that . . . it sounded like a helicopter except a bit louder before going over, but after it passed, it almost went silent with a faint jet engine sound.

Thought it was weird at the time.

Interesting you had an experience too.

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I've seen plenty of these black - no markings - no navigation lights helos for years. I'd tend to believe they are from the 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment (Night Stalkers)

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: MetalThunder

Black is actually a bad color to paint aircraft for night operations. They're usually a green that appears black from a distance. All the military stuff is marked, they use low visibility markings that make them hard to see beyond a few feet.

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Do an image search on the 160th ... They paint em black .... Wasn't my idea lol

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 11:25 AM
link   

That's actually the dark green that I was talking about on most of their aircraft. It's green in the direct sunlight, and the shaded portions, or as the light changes it goes really dark. They have a few that are black, but the majority change to black with the light.

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: GoalPoster

wow..Monroe park was empty at just before sunset...saw and heard a white plane...wife pointed too..and when it got over us..it was a black/green chopper...

you and I prob saw the same...had a cottage at Belle River, and lived on Grossed Isle a bit across from Amhurstburg Ont....

This one plane to copters off the Raisin River then North over the stacks really twisted my mind up...esp. with all my disaster training...

And I watching close this summer as we're down there at least twice weekly before sunset...(this year I'm camera ready)
edit on 11-6-2018 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: GoalPoster

p.s. The "vibes" changed as it went over...had the distinct impression it was watching us..while we were watching it..

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 07:26 PM
link   

I DID post a look a like black one in this thread 1-2 pages...I know I did...and is not in my replies now???????

Looked chinookish no open doors, bottom gear...just a white Cessna type plane...morphing into a chopper before my eyes

posted on Jul, 2 2023 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Back around 2009, my husband, our two teenage kids and I were driving in Eastern Washington. Around Burbank we noticed an unmarked black helicopter following us. We assume it was just following the same road we were on.

When we turned off to picnic at a park just outside of Burbank the chopper circled around the park. I mused to my family that maybe they were searching for a fugitive. We were the only ones in the park at the time. As we heard the chopper get closer we ran from the picnic shelter out to the parking lot thinking we might see it above us.

When we reached the car this large unmarked black helicopter lowered itself down in front of us with the side door open. Several men all dressed in black were in the door way looking at us with binoculars. We stared at them and they at us for a minute or two and then they lifted off and left us standing there bewildered. It has been a subject of conversation for years as we wonder what it was all about.

<< 1  2   >>

join