It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Three Of Colorado’s Largest Police Unions, Representing 2,700 Officers, Endorse Trump

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Well now we see some more unions backing Trump.

These are 3 police unions in Colorado.

Looks like the Hillary Campaign can't seem to get them.

Why is this happening?

Unions are usually traditional Democrat supporters no questions asked.

The 2016 election sure is strange isn't it.

Three Of Colorado’s Largest Police Unions, Representing 2,700 Officers, Endorse Trump

As originally reported by The Denver Post, unions representing law enforcement officers in Denver, Aurora and Colorado Springs have endorsed Donald J. Trump for President, joining the National Fraternal Order of Police. Nick Rogers, president of the Denver Police Protective Association released the following in response to the membership’s overwhelming support:

“After thoughtful consideration, we wholeheartedly believe Mr. Trump is the only candidate that will protect law-abiding citizens from those who choose to break the law.”

The nature of this endorsement is not one that Mr. Trump or Governor Pence take lightly. Time after time, Mr. Trump has expressed his thanks, appreciation and adoration for the men and women who serve and protect our communities on a daily basis. Additionally, Governor Pence highlighted his admiration of law enforcement in Tuesday night’s Vice Presidential debate.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Neato. I can think of some interesting consequences for this if Hillary end's up winning the election instead of trump. If any of the "sane/insane" predictions of civil unrest end up happening that is.
edit on 7-10-2016 by Tjoran because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I've got news for you.... union construction tradesmen, who tend to live conservatively yet almost always vote for democrats (because of union issues) are by and large voting for Trump.

Edit to Add: This is only anecdotal info based on my own observations and speaking with dozens upon dozens of tradesmen.
edit on 7-10-2016 by eluryh22 because: (no reason given)

link   

If those unions were of steel workers, or librarians, then sure, democrat all the way I would assume. As it happens though, they are a union of people who decided that they wanted to carry a gun for a living, as opposed to as part of their protections under the second amendment. Not to mention, they are part of a group which is under intense scrutiny just now, and probably feel that their lives will be easier in the fascist utopia that Trump has planned out for them.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   
if you are a cop and there is a person with a gun in front of you, who you logically deduce: wants to kill you. You defend yourself, and Hillary not only defends the criminal with an illegal gun but the people who riot for supporting a person, that you wouldn't trust alone in your house.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

If those unions were of steel workers, or librarians, then sure, democrat all the way I would assume. As it happens though, they are a union of people who decided that they wanted to carry a gun for a living, as opposed to as part of their protections under the second amendment. Not to mention, they are part of a group which is under intense scrutiny just now, and probably feel that their lives will be easier in the fascist utopia that Trump has planned out for them.

But with the upsurge of "police state" issues over the last 8 years mostly sensationalized by the MSM and pushed by the current Administration that wants more federal intervention in local affairs, perhaps the "Fascist utopia" will be further amplified by Hillary Clinton if she gets to be President?

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Gee I wonder why..maybe they figure Trump will let them do whatever they want.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   

No doubt, but that is because American politics is unhealthily right wing, and has no effective left at all. I mean, if you think HRC counts as that, then you may need to think outside the border a little bit, because that is not legitimate as a viewpoint in the least!

HRC is a fascist, and every candidate further to the right than she is also qualifies the same way or worse, so no matter whether you get Trump or Hillary, you will still get police state tactics, still have an unaccountable and aloof president, still have a megalomaniacal killer just ITCHING to lay waste to some defenceless person in a sandy place, and there is nothing you can do about it at this point, except vote third party in enough numbers to get someone other than the gruesome twosome in. Both of them love the idea of war, both of them have a kill boner for Muslims, both of them love to be above the people and not accountable to them.

The reality is that the only way you could have had anything other than a fascist in power in your country this time around, would have been to throw Sanders into office, and see what happened, rather than selecting the two psychopaths you guys allegedly chose, who are both EXACTLY as bad as one another.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   
maybe if hillary defended the victims and not the criminals she wouldnt have this problem

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Police see Trump as someone who will promote law and order.

Police see Hillary as someone who would promote just the opposite.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Of course they do Trump wants to increase our police state Stop and frisk for all!!! Just like Ice and the border patrol they will get lots of money and overtime with Trump. They are supporting there own self interests.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: eluryh22

I can back this up, usually during election season we get 1 letter & 1 or 2 autocalls from the union for the entire season, this year I get about 2 letters/fliers and 3 calls per week - they are worried.

As Eluryh22 stated, every tradesman I speak with is voting Trump as well.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Honestly, with trump being the first President in 50 years to run on "LAW AND ORDER!!!!!"...I think it is actually more telling how few police unions are actually endorsing him.

I mean he is basically pitching them a "carte blanche", stop and frisk, no worries about the constitution, do as you like happy land...and even with that only the odd few police unions have backed him.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: eluryh22

I work for the government. I'm in the union, and our employer directly told us if we discuss this election on social media while at work it's grounds for dismissal. It wasn't like this last election.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   

The rich and few are with Clinton. The people are with Trump.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: ksiezyc

Agreed. I work in a small town of about 5k. A lot of houses have the silent majority stand with trump signs. I haven't seen a single Hilary sign.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I'm in a union in a factory and everyone I work with is voting for Trump.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
Gee I wonder why..maybe they figure Trump will let them do whatever they want.
As opposed to Obama's presidency? If we believe BLM and the Media, cops wake up everyday intent on killing all black people. All under the presidency of a beige president. Care to explain?
edit on 7-10-2016 by rollanotherone because: Spelling

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   

I completely expect to goto gitmo if Trump is elected.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join