It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How will the main stream media change after this election?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 08:26 AM
link   
All I know is that after the election I'll finally be able to listen to NPR again.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: digital01anarchy

The media has already changed DURING the election. The media has started fact checking in real time thanks to Donald's constant bull#tery. You see it all the time. A news outlet will report on something Donald says and then immediately follow up with a "Nope. Not true." which doubles as a link to a source that disproves the Donald's words.

I'd say that is a VERY stellar improvement in how the media behaves.

It would be nice if they did that to democrats, Obama or Hillary. Unfortunately the "truth" and "facts" seem to just be whatever the media says they are.

The media does fact check Obama and Hillary. There are plenty of cases where they are called out for lying. Pretending like it doesn't happen doesn't mean it isn't happening.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: TheBulk

When Hillary wins it will be proof that the American people prefer her over that moron real estate developer/ tax evader / liar.
Simple as that.

You act as if she is a suitable replacement.She should even be allowed to run as president and its as simple as that.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: digital01anarchy

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: TheBulk

When Hillary wins it will be proof that the American people prefer her over that moron real estate developer/ tax evader / liar.
Simple as that.

You act as if she is a suitable replacement.She should even be allowed to run as president and its as simple as that.

I'm assuming you meant to say Clinton "shouldn't" even be allowed to run.

Why? Any reason other than that you don't like her?

(post by Galevik removed for a manners violation)

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I think Internet media is the new battleground of information, all the old networks will possibly re-invent themselves with new names if they haven''t already. It will be smaller "Independent" networks like The Young Turks, Democracy Now, ect.

a reply to: Krazysh0t

You're not paying attention if you think the level of fact checking and scrutiny is fairly distributed.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 09:55 AM
link   

The media is merely an extension of the democratic party and I don't see that changing either way. If Hillary wins they will see it as proof the public agrees with them and their bias, if Trump wins they will use the platform to destroy him and his supporters.

Great answer but at some point say hillary wins and becomes the worst president ever.

The country could go bankrupt, have a worse depression than the Great Depression, dead bodies of starving millions in the streets and the MSM would still say what a great job Hillary is doing. FOX NEWS would still have the highest ratings with US citizens for showing the devastation and calling for her impeachment. CNN would play out the horror for all the Hate America enemies around the world so they can see that their invested money in Hillary was doing the job of devastating the US that they paid for.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

The media is merely an extension of the democratic party and I don't see that changing either way. If Hillary wins they will see it as proof the public agrees with them and their bias, if Trump wins they will use the platform to destroy him and his supporters.

Great answer but at some point say hillary wins and becomes the worst president ever.

The country could go bankrupt, have a worse depression than the Great Depression, dead bodies of starving millions in the streets and the MSM would still say what a great job Hillary is doing. FOX NEWS would still have the highest ratings with US citizens for showing the devastation and calling for her impeachment. CNN would play out the horror for all the Hate America enemies around the world so they can see that their invested money in Hillary was doing the job of devastating the US that they paid for.

I think you may have gotten ahead of yourself in the playbook ... you must have meant this post for AFTER the election.

Bete Noire: FOX News only has the highest ratings on cable. Good to know you support the MSM though.
edit on 7-10-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: tigershark1988
I think Internet media is the new battleground of information, all the old networks will possibly re-invent themselves with new names if they haven''t already. It will be smaller "Independent" networks like The Young Turks, Democracy Now, ect.

You're not paying attention if you think the level of fact checking and scrutiny is fairly distributed.

Or maybe your guy is just a worse human being who lies more often than Hillary. I know that you guys can't seem to accept that would be true, but it is. People don't like the man and he only appeals to a certain demographic of people while offending all the other ones. It's pure logic.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

You have to remember here Krazy ... the truth and actual evidence are "liberal conspiracies."

That's rich especially when Trump critics can't even read a tax return.

edit on 7-10-2016 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 10:12 AM
link   
The MSM is essentially state run propaganda.

They will do as the folks who sign their paycheck tell them. They will parrot biased BS to support whoever is in power at that time.

Thats about it.

Were kinda like a 2nd or 3rd world nation in that regard. And if you think america is the pinnacle of first world nations then your just another brainwashed ignorant american. Usa is at an all time low in global standing. We're amoral. All we can do is bully other nations and maintain our culture of screw over your fellow man for a dollar. Were a sick society.
edit on 7-10-2016 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: Gryphon66

You have to remember here Krazy ... the truth and actual evidence are "liberal conspiracies."

That's rich especially when Trump critics can't even read a tax return.

Hey Neo! Long time no see! Welcome back.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

I think you may have gotten ahead of yourself in the playbook ... you must have meant this post for AFTER the election.

Bete Noire: FOX News only has the highest ratings on cable. Good to know you support the MSM though.

Oh no, that was the zombie apocalypse post on the what if Hillary were POTUS.
The bright sunshine post of a Trump Presidency would be the MSM tanking in the ratings as usual complaining about Trump Making America Great again after everyone is employed and living the American dream, flexing US military might causing peace and stability around the world and happy US gun owners stocking up on cheap ammo while they exercise their rights to legally open carry within their newly secured borders of their great nation.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I don't see any reason why the media will change... Obama's election didn't change it. Don't see why Hillary's would. Truth is, the WORLD is becoming more progressive. Those who don't like change will blame the media, but it's the PEOPLE who are moving towards the left.

originally posted by: brutus61
Don't if Hillary wins she will definitely be the worst President ever!!

The GOP decided that about Obama before he was elected, too. Looks like they were wrong. He'll go down in history as one of the best.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

And now you've moved on to your fan-fiction fairy tales ...

LOL.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 10:28 AM
link   

The media has already changed DURING the election. The media has started fact checking in real time thanks to Donald's constant bull#tery. You see it all the time. A news outlet will report on something Donald says and then immediately follow up with a "Nope. Not true." which doubles as a link to a source that disproves the Donald's words.

I'd say that is a VERY stellar improvement in how the media behaves.

The media is improving? Lol because moderators fact check only one side and ignore all of hillary's massive mistakes. She literally gets caught lieing with benghazi, She gets caught lieing about her emails she gets caught lieing about her health she hires a person who rigged an election for her. Your part of the problem

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Truth is, the WORLD is becoming more progressive.

And just HOW do you figure that ?

Most people don't even vote to begin with.

Of the 330 million people live here a third even votes to begin with.

On top of the electoral college is the one that determines our elections.

At any given time only a hand ful of states determine the election.

So no BH

The world isn't more 'progressive'.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Or maybe your guy is just a worse human being who lies more often than Hillary. I know that you guys can't seem to accept that would be true, but it is. People don't like the man and he only appeals to a certain demographic of people while offending all the other ones. It's pure logic.

Wow the level of brain wash on krazyshot. You sound like the kind of person who are so beholden to the msm if it vanished tommorow you wouldn't know how to act or think for yourself.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Thanks for the ad hominem. Anything related to the OP topic or are we just going to talk about me now?

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Wow the level of brain wash on krazyshot. You sound like the kind of person who are so beholden to the msm if it vanished tommorow you wouldn't know how to act or think for yourself.

It's been downhill ever since Jon Stewart quit.

How hillary replaced him, I'll never figure out.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join