It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump's attorney said he had little interest in the tax code

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Donny on Twitter just days ago said this, "I know our complex tax laws better than anyone who has ever run for president and am the only one who can fix them. #failing@nytimes"

Obviously upset that the world discovered that he doesn't pay taxes because he's such a genuis business man he lost almost one billion dollars in one year he attacked the source of the discovery, the New York Times. So to get the other side of the story an attorney of his who over saw and verified these newly discovered taxes had this to say.

OMG! Liberal Trash | NBC

"As far as I know, and that only goes through late '96, he didn't understand the code, nor would he have had the time and the patience to learn the provisions. That's a lifetime of experience."

When will the the veil of ignorance finally be lifted up off of Trump supporters? Why do you support this man? Is it because he represents the Republicans and your loyalty to your party knows no bounds? Clearly Trump is not the genius business man he and his surrogates claim he is but yet here you all are, blindly supporting and defending him.

Trump has gone on record stating he would let our economy crash because he is the King of Debt and this self proclaimed genius thinks he can make a better deal to save us all but his accountant tells us a different story, a story we who oppose Trump already knew. So Trump supporters, when are you finally going to acknowledge this man may not be who he says he is?

Look, Clinton sucks too, I get it, you get it, ATS gets it. Do not deflect to her in attempts to defend Trump. This thread is about Trump, his so called qualifications for the oval office and his obvious lack of experience needed for the job.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 10:35 PM
link   
His statement might me true, how well do you think Clinton knows the tax code? I am sure here is a really long email out there, about her knowledge regarding the tax code, but she accidentally deleted it

Do you think Hillary writes off the bribes when people pay her to play?

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 10:38 PM
link   
What a garbage OP.

Which US presidential candidates were tax code experts? Logically, a real estate mogul likely does have a better understanding than career politicians.

Garbage OP's just delivering more garbage to ATS. A shame.

Meanwhile the other candidate doesn't even know how email works.
edit on 6-10-2016 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 10:43 PM
link   
You guys are really beating this one to death. I can't wait to see what happens when a real scandal surfaces.

But I get it. Trump is a businessman that allegedly used legal loopholes in the tax code to benefit his company.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

So , let me get this Straight , you somehow are saying this " Lawyer " is telling us All an Ultimate Truth about Mr. Trump with All Sincerity , and because of that , we should Not Vote for the Man ? Ah , Yeah........

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 10:51 PM
link   

"I know our complex tax laws better than anyone who has ever run for president and am the only one who can fix them.

Everyone knows Trump doesn't mean what he says because that would make him a liar. Just do like his kool aid drinkers do and interpret it to mean what ever makes you feel warm and fuzzy.
edit on 6-10-2016 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Trump made investments in high-risk real estate development projects. These provided him with huge deductions, which his accountants correctly utilized. It’s not a ‘loophole’ but an incentive that Congress and the president wanted to stimulate real estate development.

Breaking News at Newsmax.com www.newsmax.com...
Urgent: Do You Back Trump or Hillary? Vote Here Now!

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 10:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

"I know our complex tax laws better than anyone who has ever run for president and am the only one who can fix them.

Everyone knows Trump doesn't mean what he says because that would make him a liar. Just do like his kool aid drinkers do and interpret it to mean what ever makes you feel warm and fuzzy.

Seems the point that Trump has claimed credit for being a tax genius has been missed. Entirely.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

You must be interpreting what I said because your response to me doesn't correlate to anything I asked or implied.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit
Grimpachi did not mention "loopholes."

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 11:00 PM
link   

The knee is jerky with this one.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Yup. Seems that way.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 11:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit
You guys are really beating this one to death. I can't wait to see what happens when a real scandal surfaces.

But I get it. Trump is a businessman that allegedly used legal loopholes in the tax code to benefit his company.

It's not even a loop hole you only pay taxes on profits . If you taxed people on losses no busiNess would make money. Many companies have had to write off losses even gasp wal mart has done this a billion dollar corporation. It happens the trick is if you write off one billion you make two the next. Or at thr minimum 1 billion so you can have 500,000 profit for 2 yrs. People just don't understand business and think this somehow is avoiding taxes it's not. It just shows the ignorance of the average tax payer. And that's exactly what Hillary is counting on hoping people are to stupid to know why it's set up that way.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

People just don't understand business and think this somehow is avoiding taxes it's not.

Actually, that is exactly what it is.
www.investopedia.com...

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 11:12 PM
link   

It's Hillary's fault, Obama and Hillary's fault, they stole everyone brain and took them to Kenya and reprogrammed them to support Trump!!!

It's years of indoctrination from right wing media.

It is Hillary's fault tho!! Just like it's Obama fault for Congress overriding his veto. Trump is not capable of apologizing, just like Republicans can't be responsible for its actions!
edit on 6-10-2016 by WilburnRoach because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: WilburnRoach

LOL Right wing media? Almost all media that people are exposed to has a liberal slant, to say the least.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 11:30 PM
link   

This is what he said.

"As far as I know, and that only goes through late '96, he didn't understand the code, nor would he have had the time and the patience to learn the provisions. That's a lifetime of experience."

The problem with your fallacious thinking is that you and NBC have resorted to contextomy. You've taken a component of an argument—in this case "he didn't understand the code"—from it's context, which basically says that Trump wasn't an accountant in 95.

It doesn't take 20 years to learn the tax codes, so if you're implying Trump doesn't know the tax codes because he didn't know them 20 years ago, then you don't know how to use a smart phone for the very same reason.

The real meat of the story is the criticism if the New York Times and others making stupid assumptions, further exposing the media for its increasingly unethical journalism, which casts suspicion on what is supposed to be an important democratic institution.

He added: "You're making a false assumption. You're assuming that the loss was generated in '95. Without the detailed schedules from a return, I can't even tell you of my own knowledge, when the loss arose."

He also criticized the Times for "extrapolating" that Trump could have avoided taxes for nearly two decades. "it was impossible for anyone looking at one page out of the '95 tax return to extrapolate forward and say that for 20 years he wouldn't have paid any tax."

Mitnick said that he and his accounting staff acted "in accordance with the law and regulations" to yield the lowest possible taxes for Trump.

That narrative was BS from the very beginning, yet it has been repeated, and still continues to be repeated, even when proven otherwise.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 11:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: ksiezyc
a reply to: WilburnRoach

LOL Right wing media? Almost all media that people are exposed to has a liberal slant, to say the least.

You must have a different internet, maybe a Mandela effect.

All 50 websites are listed with their Alexa rank following their link. So for example, a “1” would mean the page was the most popular website on the net. A “100,000” would mean the 100,000th most popular page on the net. With that being said, let’s go ahead and take a look at the rankings.

Ever hear of

1) Fox News: 260 2) Wall Street Journal: 383 3) The Drudge Report: 748 4) New York Post: 888 5) WorldNetDaily: 2,692 6) Newsmax: 3,264 7) Free Republic: 3,988 8) The Washington Times: 4,717 9) TownHall: 5,986 10) The Rush Limbaugh Show: 7,624 11) Real Clear Politics: 7,957 12) National Review: 10,346 13) Hot Air: 11,517 14) Michelle Malkin: 12,871 15) Glenn Beck: 13,153 16) Human Events Online: 17,538 17) The Heritage Foundation: 20,746 18) Newsbusters: 21,452 19) Lew Rockwell: 24,677 20) The Weekly Standard: 25,565 21) News With Views: 27,352 22) Sean Hannity: 28,086 23) Pajamas Media 28,969 24) The Ludwig von Mises Institute: 29,116 25) Atlas Shrugs: 29,548 26) The American Thinker: 29,980 27) Cybercast News Service: 32,348 28) Neal Boortz: 32,857 29) Reason: 33,254 30) Lucianne: 34,135 31) Ann Coulter 36,864 32) The Cato Journal: 39,187 33) Daily Paul: 41,465 34) The Volokh Conspiracy: 42,021 35) Bill O’Reilly: 42,533 36) Redstate: 42,655 37) Conservapedia: 43,866 38) Power Line: 44,542 39) Jewish World Review: 44,765 40) Front Page Magazine: 48,645 41) Daniel Pipes: 49,692 42) Little Green Footballs: 49,844 43) Campaign for Liberty: 50,638 44) The American Spectator: 52,377 45) Commentary: 55,447 46) GOPUSA: 58,771 47) James Lileks’: 60,536 48) Right Wing News: 63,097 49) Wizbang: 63,427 50) Day by Day: 63,455 10 bonus websites for you 51) Moonbattery: 67,850 52) Life News: 69,493 53) Vdare: 70,866 54) Debbie Schlussel: 73,543 55) Republican National Committee: 73,599 56) Lifesitenews: 73,823 57) Dick Morris: 77,187 58) Blackfive: 83,031 59) Outside the Beltway: 83,455 60) American Conservative: 90,579

right wing news

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Sorry , I was responding to that . Translated from Trumpese it reads....

" My Accountants Explained , and Believe Me , they are The Best in the Business , that no Presidential Candidate in American History has ever had Bean Counters of the likes I have . They know Every Conceivable Way to Save me Money , and as President I will use their Knowledge to Enrich this Country once again ."

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Wow. Remind me again which presidents were tax code experts?

Also, why would you need to be interested in it when you have accountants doing that for you?

Talk about a veil of ignorance.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join