It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Finnair launches new training programme for co-pilots

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Finland took the first steps in assisting a captain in its new program, a surge in demand for a new workforce was applied by a Nordic nation to always have the best suited people and not those who can pay.. Go FINLAND!
I wonder who the 1st will be

Finnair has announced the launch of a new new pilot training programme in order to meet its rising demand for pilots.
Finnair has announced that it will launch a new training programme for new commercial pilots by the end of this year in order to meet its rising demand for workforce.

“Those who pass the training course will receive a position from Finnair as an A320 co-pilot. No aviation experience is required from students to enrol into the programme,” a spokesperson for the state-owned airline says in a press release.

Article

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: tikbalang

JetBlue is doing a similar program. It's nice to see airlines being proactive, and good on both of them.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Could you link?

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Their program is a four year program from no experience, through ATP, including instructor rating.

www.businessinsider.com...

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   

That's interesting to know. For real, I've been seriously considering a career change heading in that direction.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Barnalby

These two are going to be the pilot programs. If they work, you can expect to see more airlines following suit.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   

I'll be keeping a close eye on that (as well as on what this election means for the ACA and physician reimbursements).

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I can just see the logo...new pilots out of Finnair!

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   

That is awesome, from what I gather anyone can fly a plane within reason. If you're physically, mentally and intellectually able to board a plane, learn to fly it and not have a mental breakdown during flight... Dare I say it, you could be a pilot!

I've knew a few pilots without actually knowing they had a licence to fly, I could say the same about gun owners here in the UK too. Modesty has it's ways but so does money, these gun owners and licensed pilots were always of a certain sect of society if you know what I mean.

It'll probably play out like higher education did for the masses after WWII, eventually anybody could be a pilot within reasonable terms... I swear something just hit my shiny hat saying that.

I'd love to have some wings, heck I'm still in my 20's. With a bit of education and decent character references maybe I could be flying you to where you need to go in 5-7 years.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

if we were meant to fly we would have wings!

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Nonesense, a brick can fly with enough velocity.

It depends on how you define flying I guess, the flying squirrel comes to mind haha.

Or maybe things like this:

We've been making stupid things "fly" for a while.

edit on 6-10-2016 by RAY1990 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join