It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hurricane Party Madness

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

I hope you and yours stays safe and secure.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Been through 2 major hurricanes myself. Never evacuated. Once I was too small and my parents didn't evac, and the second time i was about 19 or 20 years old and chose to ride it out. I don't live directly on the coast. If you don't have a bunch of trees and a high profile roof and don't live in a mobile home, in most cases you can ride them out. Brick homes tend to fair well against hurricanes. The house I grew up in has seen many hurricanes and hasn't buckled.

It's more of the coastal areas that get messed up the worst. Storm surge is real. Luckily I'm not on the bad side of FL this time lol
edit on 10/6/2016 by eXia7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   
This is my first Hurricane being inland Florida I used to live in Satellite Beach and rode out many before, but this one seems like a different monster so if I was still living there I would have likely left.

Those little barrier islands are not very wide if it does hit where they say it will I expect there may be a few more inlets after the land washes out.

For those interested here is a link to Satellite beach surf cam. LIVE CAM The radio said they are now expecting 7 to 11 foot storm surge so that cam will be toast in the next day.
edit on 6-10-2016 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Fecal matter occurs... But thanks for the positive vibes.

I've got a full head and zero fear, what could go wrong???

The batteries in My bass boat are charged though just in case...

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   

i would have to wonder how many of the people that stay behind and ignore the evacuation are staying behind to loot. i have never heard any figures as to how many pepole get robbed on average during evactuations but im sure there has to be a few people that stay behind to rob others.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I am at mom and dads. I forced them to evacuate. Moms heart perhaps wouldn't take it.

I told them I would remain and watch over the dogs and birds. Thats why I am here. I would love to shove all the animals into a car and drive west, but the logistics simply dont work.

Tomorrow once it becomes calm, I will get on the road and see if any neighbors are in need of help, then sweep over to the nearby retirement community to make sure nobody is in trouble there.

I am not crazy, stubborn, etc...just sort of stuck here. If I left, dad was gonna remain (he is stubborn)...so, had to promise I would be here and watch over.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

Why is a news man more qualified than I to stand in a storm and go WOW?

He's being paid?

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Ah, Shep. Fox's resident lefty. I love him though because he rambles off into left field so reliably and comes up with some cool snark on occasion.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I just watched the national news. Those jerks down there are charging $6/gallon for gas and one store was charging $40 for a 24-pack of bottled water.

I hate humans.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

I will set a light for you tonight, for your continued safety as you remain watching over those precious animals. Such a wonderful thing to do for your parents. Blessed Be.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Good luck. I hope all of you ride it out safely.

I don't think this thread is necessarily directed at you. You are there for a reason. There are plenty who do it because they think they're invincible.
edit on 6-10-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Checking in from the west coast, of FL. A little breeze, pretty calm.

But my main concern is this election season may have awaken the giant ghost head of Abe himself, and he looks kinda pissed lol!!

edit on 10 by Mandroid7 because: typophone

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

That picture scares me.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
Checking in from the west coast, of FL. A little breeze, pretty calm.

But my main concern is this election season may have awaken the giant ghost head of Abe himself, and he looks kinda pissed lol!!

Aww, I am good. Jack and I are good friends

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzen

I will set a light for you tonight, for your continued safety as you remain watching over those precious animals. Such a wonderful thing to do for your parents. Blessed Be.

Why thank ya, lights are good. I myself will most likely swap on over to bud light and sit watching the end of all things from a west facing window that is left unboarded (will watch my dumbass neighbor who put up no boards get turned to mulch..what people watch for entertainment when there is no internet)

originally posted by: ketsuko

Yep. like my neighbor.
Dudly do and Dudly dont or some such.
I asked him earlier if he was ready. he said he is good, god will protect or some such.
now, correct me if I am wrong, but isn't it something like God helps those who help themselves? well, this will be a learning moment for him I imagine.
edit on 6-10-2016 by SaturnFX because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Curfew started here at 10 pm and it lasts till 7 am Saturday.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 04:03 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Wish me luck with Hurricane Matthew. If I survive I will vote for Trump. If I don't make it I will vote for Hillary.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Hmm, there's a fatalistic, sort of Job way to look at that. God does help those who help themselves, but he may already figure he's done about all he can to prepare, especially if evacuating isn't viable for one reason or another. There are some who would say that the animals are animals in your case, you know.

But the other way to look at it is that whatever happens is through God's will and if you are right with Him, it will be as it ought to be whether you live or die. In other words, your neighbor likely knows he could die and it doesn't worry him because he knows that no matter how it ends for him, God will see him through, live or die. He's not counting on living although I'm sure he hopes he does. He just knows God has his back either way and it doesn't worry him.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join