It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Security cam at house in U.K. catches orb meandering through neighborhood

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Why was the video cut off so abruptly? Couldn't have been due to the next few frames said orb got close enough to see its identifiable features... Right?

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: UberL33t
Why was the video cut off so abruptly? Couldn't have been due to the next few frames said orb got close enough to see its identifiable features... Right?

That's usually the case.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

originally posted by: Phage
Usually a flashing light: not true.
Too fast: not true.

Going by the clock counter, the UFO video appears to be sped up about 15-25 percent, which would make it seem like the object is flying faster than it is.

Not enough to differentiate a drones capability though, the timer looks as near normal as...normal.
In many ways drones are so fast and agile they are atypical of just about any other vehicle in the sky. Ironically they are typical of those oft time quotes of UFOS flying behaviour from even the distant past.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   
the sun is in the middle of the street! no wait your right the camera is hyper sensitive to light, now the little flying orb could possibly be a drone... but why in that area at night... is it looking for said burglar?? if it is it should prob turn the lights off or it would get spotted.... worst stealth op ever, and is far as ball lighting goes what the heck is that... that could be aliens or djinn or anything, labelling an Orb ball lightning is very presumptuous. My thoughts, maybe things gonna start getting interesting on this crazy planet, i smell a sh1t storm coming.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy
Ironically they are typical of those oft time quotes of UFOS flying behaviour from even the distant past.

Perhaps old UFO sightings were in fact sightings of contemporary drones that somehow managed to "project" themselves or an image of themselves into the past.

Not really.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Davg80

but why in that area at night.

Because they are fun to fly at night?

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Ironically they are typical of those oft time quotes of UFOS flying behaviour from even the distant past.

Perhaps old UFO sightings were in fact sightings of contemporary drones that somehow managed to "project" themselves or an image of themselves into the past.

Not really.

You missed my point, many old sightings of lights/UFOs in the sky were given as to how they were able to manoeuvre pretty much on a sixpence, and dart to any point of observance in the sky at high speed, then considered impossible..likely still is, Vis-à-vis a life form like ourselves being in control. These drones today do that easily, there are whole performances done with multiple modern drones in near complete synchronisation..I would guess in near ideal conditions. They have championships today with commentators who regularly lose their thread because the things are that fast.
However there are many very old sightings that describe the same type of behaviour, the only caveat being relative speeds..and manoeuvrability as per the observer for the time. The thing to remind yourself is how difficult it is to observe performance jet aircraft, even from early post WW2 aircraft, and they go around and around and up and down and sideways very quickly, but still not in the same way as a drone can do relatively, and probably not in the same way as observed in the video, and with serious noise, (there is likely no sound operative in the nightcam video anyway) relative to the viewing distance in the video, which is yet another aspect, since there are few clues anyway.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Okay now as everyone's talking that it could be a drone. Then why isn't that there's nobody in the streets turning on their lights to look outside why this drone is flying around at 23:15 .

They had burglary in that area ,and nobody seems to mind that this drone is flying around . Do you know how much noise these drones are making ?

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 02:01 AM
link   
a reply to: 0bserver1

They had burglary in that area ,and nobody seems to mind that this drone is flying around .
Not sure what it has to do with a burglary, but how do you know no one minds? For all you know, after the video ends someone shows up with a shotgun.

edit on 10/7/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 02:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

A FAMILY who installed a security camera after a spate of burglaries in their neighbourhood

That's what it says,not my quotes. .

But ,yeah after the video ,a dragon could appear and lit up the whole neighborhood.

I know that if somebody goes flying this thing at eleven in my neighborhood lights would go on and some would go and look especially with burglars around..
edit on 0b45America/ChicagoFri, 07 Oct 2016 02:18:45 -0500vAmerica/ChicagoFri, 07 Oct 2016 02:18:45 -05001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 02:17 AM
link   

That's what it says,not my quotes. .

I don't doubt a burglary. And I'm sure that's why they installed the camera. I just don't see the relevance to someone flying a drone.

I know that if somebody goes flying this thing at eleven in my neighborhood lights would go on and some would go and look especially with burglars around..
Again, how do you know they didn't? The whole video lasts less than 1 minute of real time?

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 02:25 AM
link   

I know you referring to time period this all happens in. Looking at the path this thing arrives it didn't just launched 2 seconds before the video.

Knowing that drones have a limited time to fly ,like an estimation of let's say ten minutes.

And yes I can be speculative too , this thing could be flying around like five minutes before the video ,people would turn on their lights to see what was flying around.

And,most camera's have build in sound nowadays. .

Then again I can't proof it and either can you..
edit on 0b05America/ChicagoFri, 07 Oct 2016 02:29:05 -0500vAmerica/ChicagoFri, 07 Oct 2016 02:29:05 -05001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Can you admit it behaves like a quadcopter?

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Yes it has similarities. ..

The vertical diagonal dropping is one of them and I know that the speed can be over 120kmh

A friend of mine has a racedrone and I'm looking for similar one to join him.

Also if you're not that experienced in flying it behaves wobbly in flight this one if it is a drone is an experienced pilot flying over rooftops like that you have to got skills and if he uses a fpv the camera should have night vision,or enough surrounding light to see for reference and height. There are drones now who even got fpv osd and telemetry.

Very expensive but very neat to play with..

edit on 0b36America/ChicagoFri, 07 Oct 2016 02:59:36 -0500vAmerica/ChicagoFri, 07 Oct 2016 02:59:36 -05001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 02:32 AM
link   
ive sussed it, it is the burglars drone, hes scoping the streets with his drone to see what house to rob next...

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 02:51 AM
link   

A friend of mine has a racedrone and I'm looking for similar one to join him.

Be sure to add headlights for night flying.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Not really.
It's probably not a coincidence that when drones became available we have videos demonstrating performance consistent with drones, and before such drones were available we have no such videos. So it doesn't make much sense to try to explain videos that don't exist.

Smurfy is right that people have reported craft making 90 degree turns at high speed with no turning radius, but a human misperception of such an event is completely explainable with the known laws of physics while such an event actually happening is not. That plus the absence of any videos documenting claimed behavior are reasons enough to have clear bias in favor of known science regardless of the origin of such a craft. By the way it's not necessary for someone to lie to be mistaken, they may sincerely think they saw that, but I'm still waiting to see a single video of such and have yet to see it even though cameras like this are everywhere now, so are cell phone cameras.

originally posted by: UberL33t
I've complained about some videos cutting off prematurely but this isn't one of them, because security cams run a long time and it looks like they stopped the edit after the object flew behind some rooftops. Of course we don't know what happened after that but if that was all there's no point in making the video longer.

posted on Oct, 12 2016 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

They had burglary in that area ,and nobody seems to mind that this drone is flying around .
Not sure what it has to do with a burglary, but how do you know no one minds? For all you know, after the video ends someone shows up with a shotgun.

An unlikely prospect given that the video is filmed in the UK, which has strict prohibitions on gun ownership

As for the light itself, the size and motion would appear consistent with a drone of some description, so that must surely remain the most likely explanation unless new images / info were to come to light.

I wouldn't dismiss Davg80's suggestion out of hand, to be perfectly honest. Drones are increasingly being used to commit or assist in a range of offences. Not all of them sound like a Chinook taking off, either...

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   

This discussion reminded me of this.

I think its probably the burglar scoping places out so he burgles and not robs.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join