It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deep shower thoughts: Light transporting information

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

So when you have a really good dream,where are the photons and the sound waves coming from?

They don't exist. But your neurons don't know that.

Right now I'm hearing a squadron of cicadas but there are no sound waves. I have tinnitus.

edit on 10/6/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Does that mean my neurons dont exist as well?

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

So when you have a really good dream,where are the photons and the sound waves coming from?

They don't exist. But your neurons don't know that.

Right now I'm hearing a squadron of cicadas but there are no sound waves. I have tinnitus.

Actually, they do exist. They're called biophotons. They're what's responsible for those blobs of light we see with our eyes closed.
scienceline.org...

I

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: TheFlyOnTheWall

Oh. I thought you were talking about the images we "see" in our dreams. Not random dots.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 08:45 PM
link   

But its the random dots that are interpreted into dreams. Just like when your dreaming and theirs a loud noise, in the dream it becomes an explosion in context, or some such thing.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Then you just answered your question.

According to you they are more or less random occurrences which your brain interprets as something else.

edit on 10/6/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 08:50 PM
link   

I've been theorizing for some time on how we see dreams anyway, which brought me to that website. What are those millions of "dots" or pixels you see when you close your eyes? I wondered if they're actually photons. You can see them with your eyes open as well, easier in a darker room. But as you fall asleep, you begin to have random images flash. Sometimes they wake you up if you actually pay any attention to them. Kind of bouncing between REM and Beta. But when you notice, I've seen those images disappear back into those dots again. Just a theory. Biophotons are responsible for the HiDef dreams we have once we slip into REM

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Yes and then it might beg the question, for these dots to be created into a reality whether in a dream or in real life, the thing that does the interpreting must be in some way, be in the same state as the photons. Because if it were not it wouldn't be aware of them, because they dont really exist in linear reality.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 01:55 AM
link   
a reply to: PoetryInMotion

Thank you

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Excellent thread man.

I'm with you in this line of thinking.

Perhaps this concept is described by some as Akashic records. At least I thought of it when reading your post.

In theosophy and anthroposophy, the Akashic records are a compendium of thoughts, events, and emotions believed by theosophists to be encoded in a non-physical plane of existence known as the astral plane. There are anecdotal accounts but no scientific evidence for existence of the Akashic records.[1][2][3]

As I always understood it...Akashic records would be like a library of records of all events, people, places, emotions that ever existed in this...reality. Some claim that this library can be accessed by entering deep meditative states.

Anyway...your concept, from my uneducated stand point, seems possible. The information should be out there somewhere...

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 05:01 AM
link   
So, mostly off topic, what do YOU guys see when you're lying in bed with your eyes closed and not yet asleep?

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 06:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

Hey bedlam i gotta question. Warning it may be a stupid question i havent slept in almost 48 hours and may not be thinking rationally. If a photon traveling to the target also has a time reverse photon traveling from the target and the two can potentialy effect or interact with each other minutely via observation. Whats going on when i look at a star 200 light years away in regards to that? Or do i need to go to sleep and rethink my random thought and question?
edit on 27-10-2016 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 07:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR
a reply to: Bedlam

If a photon traveling to the target also has a time reverse photon traveling from the target and the two can potentialy effect or interact with each other minutely via observation.

The only time I've seen something like that was in 1) that aiming system that used time reversed virtual photons so that it always did hit the target, 2) that weird assed projection system a major aerospace co demoed at a weapons show about 10 years back, when asked I was given a furtive explanation that led me to believe it was related to (1) in some way, 3) that same basic tech used to recreate transmission states at the target to correlate with the source which is now used in a fairly extensive comm system which can receive laser transmissions even when only a few photons are left (you apparently need a pilot light)

But I don't think it happens all the time, although I dully seem to recall some Feynman thing with things symmetrically proceeding both forward and backward in time. Although I'm about pooped out for the night.

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   

That would appear to be the case. So by that rational , reality as we perieve it, is the same as a realy good lucid dream, and cannot be proved to be otherwise. By comparing apples with apples, which means comparing waking reality with a normal lucid dream, their is no difference. Which means if the Lucid dream is two dimensional ,with the illusion of three, then waking reality must be the same.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join