It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Clown Lives Matter" event planned for Tucson Arizona on October 15th

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 01:07 PM
link   

My father moved to Tucson about 10 years ago because the climate was closer to his 2nd wife's home country of Malaysia (Seattle was just too rainy and cold). So, I keep tabs on local Tuscon news just to be aware of what is going on in Dad's neck of the woods- otherwise I wouldn't have noticed this story:
WTVY reports:

Despite many rumors, no actual "creepy clowns" were seen in the Wiregrass, although reports continue to run rampant in other parts of the country. And that has some people who use their innocent clown acts to help make a living concerned. In Tuscon, Arizona, local media reports that a "Clown Lives Matter" is being organized. Taking place on October 15th, the event is being promoted in reaction to the widespread fear of bad clowns and to make the public feel safe and easy around the normally upbeat entertainers.

Apparently, we are having issues with clown in the Pacific NW, as well.

According to the News Tribune, people reported seeing men dressed as creepy clowns near South Hill and Graham. Pierce County sheriff’s deputies arrested a 17-year-old junior at Rogers High School in connection with a series of clown-related threats that resulted in the school being placed into a modified lockdown during lunch Tuesday.

A KIRO 7 viewer posted on our Facebook page that she had seen a clown at a gas station in Lynnwood. Another person posted to the KIRO 7 Facebook page that she had seen one on a sidewalk. "Saw a creepy clown on the sidewalk in Lynwood/Edmonds area last night. Wasn't trying to lure anyone from what I could tell, but still absolutely terrifying. He was on the ground on hands and knees waving to us as we passed by in cars at the street light," said Gabriella Morrow.

If it isn't enough that we have to worry about mass-shootings in malls/schools, terrorist bombings, and the upcoming election- we also have to worry about clowns! What, oh what is this world coming to? I suppose the Clown Lives Matter event is a normal reaction to help people deal with something that makes them uneasy, but doesn't this kind of attention just perpetuate the problem and give more idiots a reason to seek attention?
Source One Source Two
edit on 1062016 by seattlerat because: mai spilling sugs

edit on 1062016 by seattlerat because: mai spilling sugs

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Boredom has become a virus...be safe out there.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Yep, it's a thing now.

Local paper from Lewiston, Maine:
www.sunjournal.com...

link   
a reply to: seattlerat

Pedaphiles in disguise. What better way to gain access to lil kids than appear as a clown. Everyone trusts a clown. Choir boys, boy scouts, church camp, and Jonh Wayne Gasey, not withstanding.

Parents be attentive, make sure who you entrust you precious childrens lives to.

link   
Do people really have nothing else better to do??
They should focus on getting a life instead.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

It seems that adolescents/teens are jumping on the band-wagon, as well. Local schools have been closed because of students dressing up as clowns and scaring other kids. It used to be prank calls with bomb threats to get out of class, now it just takes face-paint and a red-rubber nose to panic school administrators.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   

This all seems rather blown out of proportion to me but then I got this email from the Board of Education in my county today....

"Good afternoon Families,

Several of our schools have heard from concerned parents who said their students are talking about clowns committing potential acts of violence. Threats have been posted on Instagram and other social media platforms. Over the past few weeks, several have gone so far as to reference specific schools in Fulton County.

We are aware that some other school districts in metro Atlanta have received similar reports. Similar threats have also been made in recent weeks to schools around the country. Please know that in the majority of instances across the nation, these rumors have been deemed a hoax or a prank. While we believe the messages to be hoaxes, we will nonetheless take any threat towards our students and staff seriously and have been extra-vigilant.

We wanted parents to be aware that the Fulton County Schools Police Department is working with local authorities to investigate these reports to assess their validity. Please know that student safety is our number one priority.

If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to call your principal.

Thank you for your support and partnership in keeping our students safe."

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   

It seems that adolescents/teens are jumping on the band-wagon, as well. Local schools have been closed because of students dressing up as clowns and scaring other kids.

With Halloween just round the corner... not to worried about kids at school.

Amazing what gets schools shut down these days. When we were kids we had to pull the fire alarm.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   
"Tucson" is spelled like I just did... like "tuk-sohn." It is not spelled like you did in your title.

But thanks for the local update as I had missed this newest .. .event. Aside from the implied trivializing of black executions, it's business as usual for my weird desert city... there's only so much to do and we have to make our own "fun."

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

That's where I live hence my weird clown thread I posted. One of those students on the list is my neighbors son. It's troubling to say the least.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   
There has always been a deep seeded racism towards clowns going back decades.
First the novel "IT" portrayed all clowns as cannibalistic monsters lurking in the sewer now the new purge movies depicting us clowns racists targeting anyone without a big red nose and over sized shoes.
All you clownophobes need to realize this deep seeded discrimination still exists.
You think these people chose to born with a red nose and big feet!?!?

Balloon animal up, don't label me a pedo!

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Schools these days close at the drop of a hat.

All this clown nonsense reminds me of something else I read.
I read a news article the other day about the nfl "cracking down" on gestures of people using a bow and arrow. I really hope it was satire.
"simulated violence"

The more you tighten your grip on clowns, the more people you'll see getting masks and going out on the town. This is insanity. As a country, we have actual real problems to be dealing with right now.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

It's true! I was harassed by the law just because me and 11 of my friends went for a joyride in a VW beetle!

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

Tell that to my neighbors terrified 12 year old son because his name is on one of these psychos kill list. Imagine that being your child. Yes there are definitely way bigger things going on in the world but don't downplay this.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   
One of these people is wondering around our area with a baseball bat at night. He hasn't hurt anyone as far as i know, And seems to mostly be a troll. If i see him i will imidiatly stab him in the throat. One less piece of trash in my area.

Edit: Apparently clarification is needed for this, No Im not going to go hunt the dude down. If he comes into our area and threatens my friends and family i will take action.
edit on 6-10-2016 by Tjoran because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I've been posting this article on Clown threads that I see pop up...

Everything You Need to Know About the ‘Clown Attack’ Craze

Here's the important part imo...

The mass hysteria has not yet led to any serious injuries or deaths, likely because most of the clown sightings involved either young pranksters dressed as clowns or callers inventing clown stories.

Although there have been several arrests of people in clown costumes for varying degrees of criminal activity, it doesn't appear that there are any substantiated reports on the whole... just viral social/video propagation.. or B.S.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

Thanks for that, actually I copy/pasted the title from the news source- I didn't even notice the error until you mentioned it. I am surprised that the news source got it wrong, but I guess they don't use spell check... or, maybe they do? ATS spell-check doesn't flag Tuscon as being misspelled either...
edit on 1062016 by seattlerat because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tjoran
If i see him i will imidiatly stab him in the throat.

Sure you will.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

It's a freebie considering the situation. Dude is scaring the people around here my family included. If he want's to act like an ass and walk around in a clown mask with a baseball bat just to cause #, Well. Wife is too scared to walk to the gas station at night at this point.
edit on 6-10-2016 by Tjoran because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   

This is all very frustrating! First year I planned on dressing up with my two younger sons and I just so happened to pick up the Killer Klowns from outter space slim mask and jump suit. This was before all this crap and now I am conflicted as I don't want to appear to be incensitive to the other parents.

My 7 year old was a very creepy clown last year and was positively recieved from the houses that we visited..I'm so upset that I dropped a good amount of cash on this costume.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join