It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two teens arrested for wearing a clown mask

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 11:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
They got the right idea down in Texas....

www.rawstory.com...

Shooting a kid for playing around and following a trend? How pathetic does that sound. That would almost be as stupid as someone shooting your dog because it has the ability to kill someone and they may be scared of it.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 11:41 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLotLizard

Sarcasm is tricky on the www. I guess I should have used one of these...

edit on 6-10-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 12:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueShaman

...Louisiana has a law that prohibits wearing a mask in public outside of certain holidays, maybe more States should adopt this law to help put an end to this ridiculous phenomenon.

They should pass a law telling them how, when and to whom to pray to also. And maybe what clothes to wear. Great idea!!

What a stupid law Louisiana!

And this is coming from a clown hater (aka a sane human.)

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueShaman

Are you really telling me that people don't wear creepy clown costumes on Halloween?

I'm guessing things like "The Shining" and John Wayne Gacy have something to do with the way people react to creepy clowns.

Superheroes aren't scary to anyone that I've ever met. Vampires are well known fake beings that aren't scary in and of themselves. "The Walking Dead" has numbed people's reactions to zombie costumes.

Plus, all it takes are a couple clowns in the whole of the united states to do stupid things (like the people wearing clown masks walking onto people's porches at night and staring into their surveillance cameras) and then the medias (mainstream and social) blow it way out of proportion and then an illogical fear of people just trying to be creepy around Halloween get a bad rap.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey
Are you really telling me that people don't wear creepy clown costumes on Halloween?

Not really, I was saying it's not the most popular costume.

But this year it will be even less popular due to all the bans.

Halloween clown costumes banned at school

At least one New Jersey school district has banned clown costumes this Halloween in light of a rash of creepy clown scares, threats, and attacks that have been popping up across the country.

Connecticut Schools Ban Clown Costumes For Halloween

Clown costumes and “symbols of terror” have been banned for Halloween at all 48 schools in New Haven, Conn., following creepy clown posts on social media.

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueShaman

Our idiotic local school districts when on "stay-in-place" status (one step away from lock-down) yesterday afternoon because of a clown sighting by a playground. All the clown did was stand in the woodline near the playground without doing anything.

The overreactions that are permeating America right now is a sad outlook on America.

BTW, I have my creepy clown mask--bought it before all of this started happening--and I'm wearing it on Halloween. Everyone else can suck a lemon. (of course, I planned on just the mask in regular clothing, so maybe it won't be as creepy as a fully dressed clown in the woods)

posted on Oct, 13 2016 @ 11:10 AM
link   
It's spread to the UK now. A teenager donned one, hung around outside a school with a chainsaw, got arrested, thrown in a cell and fined £90. Some schools have been on lock-down, due to phone calls and threatening behaviour. Parents are reporting that their kids are scared to go to school.

The thing is, this is in the public eye now. The police should come out and say that anyone going about in public, wearing a clown costume, does so at their own risk. Personally, if a clown jumps out in front of me, then I will have no hesitation in defending myself with whatever comes to hand.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join