It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2016 Vice Presidential Debate 10-4-16

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 11:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: kruphix
a reply to: Vasa Croe

I can say that as a voter, his tax returns are the least of my concern when it comes to out country.

But you already support him...so why would it matter to you? Judging from your posts...nothing would change that.

It is a diversion from real issues and will continue to be because there are no other issues with him.

First of all, LOL at that there are no other issues with Trump besides his tax returns. You can't be serious about that, can you?

But if it is such a diversion, a smart man would just release them and get rid of the diversion. But then again, Trump has demonstrated over and over that he is far from being a smart man.

Actually I don't support him at all. Sure I have argued for him on ATS, but that is because I think he is the lesser of two evils.

Go ahead and list your issues with Trump. You still haven't answered my question as to what his tax returns mean to you and how they affect your choice.

How has Trump demonstrated he is not a smart man? Do you have the same business prowess and holdings he has? If not, does that make you less intelligent than Trump?

The argument is silly really...everyone hung up on a tax return....the US is TRILLIONS in debt....Hillary used the same tax "loop hole" Trump used with her Foundation, just less money was involved.

Hillary has been a part of the TRILLIONS of debt we accrued for years....but yeah let's let the woman who can't account for $6BILLION under her watch to make sure we right the boat.....LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 11:42 PM
link   

It's traditional for Presidential candidates to release their tax returns.

It isn't traditional for Presidential candidates to have to show their birth certificate...only the first black candidate.

There is NO law on the books requiring any Presidential candidate to publicly release their tax records. There is, however, a Constitutional law mandating status as a naturalized (read: born on US soil) citizen of the United States as a prerequisite for becoming President. Don't like it? Petition Congress to pass a law requiring public release of tax records... you will have better results taking that path than petitioning Congress to convene a Constitutional Convention to alter the requirements for that office.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 11:43 PM
link   

a reply to: Grambler

Sounds like you are a little salty.

They don't seem to be interested in her deletion of 30 thousand plus emails after congress subpoenaed them.

What is there to be interested in. The FBI investigated, found no wrong doing, and isn't prosecuting.

It's not our fault that Trump supporters won't accept the result of our Justice System.

Ok so under the same logic, the IRS didn't say Trump did anything wrong, so why won't you accept these results?

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Tis the season for double standards.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 11:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Tis the season for double standards.

Yeah, but it makes for some fun discussions!

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 11:46 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 11:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

This argument sounds exactly like the birth certificate argument way back when.

Wow.

Yep!!! And they don't see how hypocritical they are.

And here is the thing, releasing a birth certificate doesn't have all the information that tax returns do that can be twisted or rightfully criticized.

Yet these people said there was no law that Obama had to release it, and he had a right to privacy. And you were a racist for wanting to see it.

Now Trump MUST be hiding something if he won't release his returns. So I feel like these people are racists that are demanding to see them.

You just don't get politics.

Obama not releasing his birth certificate was a winning position for him. It allowed all the crazy racists (including Trump), to continue their crazy ranting. Obama wasn't facing any negative polling due to him not releasing his birth certificate.

Obama was basically trolling birthers, and Trump, to make them look like idiots.

That isn't the case with Trump's tax returns. Him not releasing them is hurting him in the debates, in the media, and in the polls. And it isn't a benign issue...there is a good possibility that his tax returns will show something negative. Shady foreign business deals, that he isn't worth as much as he claims, that he doesn't pay taxes, or a number of other things.

You can try as hard as you want to equate Trump's tax return and Obama's birth certificate...but just like Pence...it's a failed defense of Trump.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 11:52 PM
link   
a reply to: kruphix

Him not releasing them is hurting him in the debates, in the media, and in the polls

It allowed all the crazy racists (including Trump), to continue their crazy ranting.

Dude...it's the exact same debate. Only thing changed is the sides argued from.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 11:52 PM
link   

How has Trump demonstrated he is not a smart man? Do you have the same business prowess and holdings he has? If not, does that make you less intelligent than Trump?

You don't have to be smart to make money when you already start with money. Trump has been successful because he is a jerk, he is a bully, he is shady, and unethical.

Rich does not equal Smart.

I'm sorry, I don't have the same hero worship of Trump as a rich person as you do.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 11:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

This argument sounds exactly like the birth certificate argument way back when.

Wow.

Yep!!! And they don't see how hypocritical they are.

And here is the thing, releasing a birth certificate doesn't have all the information that tax returns do that can be twisted or rightfully criticized.

Yet these people said there was no law that Obama had to release it, and he had a right to privacy. And you were a racist for wanting to see it.

Now Trump MUST be hiding something if he won't release his returns. So I feel like these people are racists that are demanding to see them.

You just don't get politics.

Obama not releasing his birth certificate was a winning position for him. It allowed all the crazy racists (including Trump), to continue their crazy ranting. Obama wasn't facing any negative polling due to him not releasing his birth certificate.

Obama was basically trolling birthers, and Trump, to make them look like idiots.

That isn't the case with Trump's tax returns. Him not releasing them is hurting him in the debates, in the media, and in the polls. And it isn't a benign issue...there is a good possibility that his tax returns will show something negative. Shady foreign business deals, that he isn't worth as much as he claims, that he doesn't pay taxes, or a number of other things.

You can try as hard as you want to equate Trump's tax return and Obama's birth certificate...but just like Pence...it's a failed defense of Trump.

Ok here is an argument I can see.

You could be right, this may be bad politically for Trump, and was good politically for Obama.

However, you are on here spinning like this is some sort of moral issue. yet you admit it is all about politically posturing.

You have shown your colors, you are trying to spin for your political team. The rest of us will continue to try to be as honest as possible.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 11:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

It's traditional for Presidential candidates to release their tax returns.

It isn't traditional for Presidential candidates to have to show their birth certificate...only the first black candidate.

There is NO law on the books requiring any Presidential candidate to publicly release their tax records. There is, however, a Constitutional law mandating status as a naturalized (read: born on US soil) citizen of the United States as a prerequisite for becoming President. Don't like it? Petition Congress to pass a law requiring public release of tax records... you will have better results taking that path than petitioning Congress to convene a Constitutional Convention to alter the requirements for that office.

And Obama met that legal requirement before he became a candidate.

But that wasn't enough for Trump and the other birthers...they wanted to see it for themselves...something no one has ever demanded of a Presidential candidate.

Stop pretending the birther issue had anything to do with the law. It is and always has been a racist attack by people to weak to accept the fact that we were going to have a black President.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Ok so under the same logic, the IRS didn't say Trump did anything wrong, so why won't you accept these results?

What don't you get about it being tradition for Presidential candidates to release their tax returns?

Trump doesn't have to if he doesn't want to...but don't cry about it when it continues to be an issue for him and is brought up in the media and the debates.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Everyone who questioned Obamas birth certificate were racist? Sounds like a deplorable accusation. ... . . ..

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Him not releasing them is hurting him in the debates, in the media, and in the polls

It allowed all the crazy racists (including Trump), to continue their crazy ranting.

Dude...it's the exact same debate. Only thing changed is the sides argued from.

LOL

You keep on thinking that.

Just don't cry when it is brought up at the next debate.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Again...you bring up tax returns as if they actually matter at all.

If they don't matter at all, Trump should just release them and be done with it. It is one of the leading issues that is sinking his campaign.

So if they don't matter, regardless of what is in the tax returns...why not release them?

He said he would when she releases her 33,000 emails.

I think we'd settle for her speeches to wall st.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 11:58 PM
link   

No more than I will over 30,000 emails.

Trump also apologized.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 11:59 PM
link   

You don't have to be smart to make money when you already start with money. Trump has been successful because he is a jerk, he is a bully, he is shady, and unethical.

Rich does not equal Smart.

I'm sorry, I don't have the same hero worship of Trump as a rich person as you do.

Ok....take a look at the figures on those that have won a lottery and how quickly it is gone.....

I have no hero worship at all....

So....let's give you a few million bucks...what do you do with it?

No rich does not equal smart...HRC is rich too....and her family has held the oval office before....and had plenty of issues come from it.....but yeah, let's give it to them for one more chance....

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 11:59 PM
link   

What don't you get about it being tradition for Presidential candidates to release their tax returns?

Trump doesn't have to if he doesn't want to...but don't cry about it when it continues to be an issue for him and is brought up in the media and the debates.

Easy spinmaster, I am not crying.

Kaine seemed to be the one crying about it. But you keep pushing your political spin!

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 12:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
Wait...where did RedMenace16 go? So active until called out? What happened? Could it be a second account for another member here???? Nah....couldn't be....

Why are you attacking members? Staying on topic a problem?

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Trump also apologized.

For what? Everything is Hillary or Obama's fault!

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join