It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hours Before VP Debate, Trump Melts Down And Blames Hillary Clinton For His Tax Cheating

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 08:26 AM
link   
While i think he is repulsive in many ways, i cannot blame him for taking advantage of tax breaks worth a fortune. I, too, blame the complete lack of reasonable governance given to us by prior thieves in washington.

If we don't like rich people not paying taxes, then we can fix it. And not by getting mired down in stupid arguments over birth certificates.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Did Trump break any tax laws? Did he? It's a legitimate question. He did not from understanding. So please tell me why this is even discussion. He is a business man and his job is to make money. It is not his fault that the idiots write these laws.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: HawkeyeNation
Did Trump break any tax laws? Did he? It's a legitimate question. He did not from understanding. So please tell me why this is even discussion. He is a business man and his job is to make money. It is not his fault that the idiots write these laws.

Well, seeing as he allegedly isn't paying the tax in question because he 'lost' nearly a billion dollars that he's allegedly been using as the reason to write off paying his personal taxes................ he didn't do too great at that job, did he?

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
While i think he is repulsive in many ways, i cannot blame him for taking advantage of tax breaks worth a fortune. I, too, blame the complete lack of reasonable governance given to us by prior thieves in washington.

If we don't like rich people not paying taxes, then we can fix it. And not by getting mired down in stupid arguments over birth certificates.

It's not so easy to fix unfortunately. If you follow through the logic that we need tax cuts for the wealthy to it's logical conclusion, the optimal situation is that they pay 0 in order to free up the most capital to create jobs. Under that logic, what Trump did was the ideal, he basically got to live the dream. The same people who hold that view, also hold the view that removing tax cuts is tantamount to a tax increase and will vote against them.

Saying we need to fix the legislation is true, but there's not really a path to doing that through Congress right now. So at the very minimum we can disapprove of what he did, similar to how people disapprove of what Hillary did even though no one seems to think there's enough evidence to move forward with a prosecution.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: HawkeyeNation
It is not his fault that the idiots write these laws.

Seeing as he has bragged about bribery of politicians in the past, it very may well be his fault.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

I think the first issue is Citizens United, and the untangling of corporations and personhood. From there, you can give tax breaks to corporations without effecting individuals. This sates the "trickle down" concept without giving away the farm.

That said, the best solution would involve removing the outright tyranny of taxing income and labor.

The title of this thread is misleading. He didn't "cheat". He used the law as it was intended. We The People keep voting for the assholes who have paddled the boat up this river....so i think if we don't like the law, we only have ourselves to blame.

Given that we just keep voting on their party cronies, i don't think we have much interest in actually doing anything beyond arguing on facebook.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

If there's nothing wrong, then he should release his tax records, as have all the other wealthy candidates.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

" For His Tax Cheating " Where do you
come off saying that ? What Mr. Trump did on his Tax Returns was Perfectly Legal . This Thread should be sent to the HOAX Bin .
edit on 6-10-2016 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

What Mr. Trump did on his Tax Returns was Perfectly Legal

You're positive about that? Maybe if he released his returns we could be.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Yes , I am Positive . He announced 2 days ago he will Release his 2015 Tax Return to the Public by the end of Oct. 2016 .

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Well that's nice. We'll have to wait to see if he does. Doesn't give much time to go over it before the election though. Nor does it help resolve questions about the past.

edit on 10/6/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Yes , that Man Sure is Smart . He would be a Smart President to ..........

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 07:28 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Poor Donald. I don't understand. He said, "I know our complex tax laws better than anyone who has ever run for president and am the only one who can fix them." He must have been too busy with tax law to know that Hillary wasn't a Senator in 1995 and couldn't help him then. But she was a Senator in 2002 and

Well, maybe Clinton didn't just try to change laws Trump used, but actually got them changed, when she was in the Senate in 2002.

According to a Tuesday column by Lee Sheppard in the tax industry publication Tax Notes, Trump may have benefited greatly in the 1990s from a tax loophole related to forgiven debts — a loophole that would have allowed him to deduct business losses on his personal income tax return, even if those losses were actually borne by banks that loaned Trump money and never got it back.

People often use "loophole" to refer to tax deductions they don't like, but this one was a loophole in the true sense of the word: a tax break created by legislative accident.

This loophole was the subject of a 2001 Supreme Court case, Gitlitz v. Commissioner, in which the IRS argued the relevant tax law could not have possibly meant what it appeared to say, which was that business owners could in some cases deduct losses they had not actually borne.

After the IRS lost that case, the loophole was closed by the Job Creation and Worker Assistance Act of 2002, a bill that then Sen. Hillary Clinton voted for and President George W. Bush signed. But that law only stopped taxpayers from using the loophole going forward; they were still allowed to benefit from tax losses they had booked through it in prior years, such as 1995.

source

This campaign seems to have addled your brain Donald. She did close that loophole. Or maybe you just like spouting nonsense.

I got a feeling, Donald, that if you were elected POTUS you would regret it soooo much that you would be blaming Hillary for not campaigning hard enough to stop you from winning.

posted on Oct, 6 2016 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: desert

Trump's Taxes Not Illegal nor Immoral

" Ironically, Hilary Clinton's 2015 return shows that she used the same parts of the tax code to take a $700,000 net operating loss. While nearly a million isn't the same as nearly a billion, Mrs. Clinton hasn't been running a multi-billion dollar business. She is, however, using the tax code to lower her tax bill exactly as Trump has done.

When she asks if that makes those of us who are paying taxes "chumps," it rings hollow. The Clintons also use the tax code to avoid paying every dollar of taxes possible. We all use whatever advantages we can to save money. When we buy cars today, we look online and find out the dealer's cost, incentives offered, rebates, and other information. If two people walk into a dealer, one with that knowledge and one without it, who gets the lowest price? Trump had the information to lower his bill.

www.newsmax.com...

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join