It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill Clinton Video Clip ObamaCare "Doesn't Work" - Failure

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

I like a public option, honesty that creates great competition and the huge pool would lower prices.
Unfortunately, I don't think we're getting single payer or a public option. I think we'll get a few tweaks to the existing ACA/Obamacare, and then some new "crisis" will divert the nation's attention. The healthcare industry has too much profit to lose to let comprehensive health care reform pass.

Unfortunately I think you are correct. The person that wrote the ACA was a shill from the healthcare industry and Big Pharma, I did a thread on it awhile back following the money trail.

I repeated said this system wouldn't work, but there were still all the rose colored glasses people drinking the Kool-aid. lol

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 4-10-2016 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
a reply to: Realtruth

Boy, I wish there was more than just this snippet so we could get the full context...

Oh, wait! There is!

Calm Down — Bill Clinton Didn’t Say Obamacare Is Terrible

That quotation, while accurate, doesn’t fully portray Bill Clinton’s argument for keeping the Affordable Care Act ― which has extended health coverage to 20 million people and cut the uninsured rate to a historic low ― and enhancing it with policies proposed by Hillary Clinton’s campaign.

Bill Clinton accurately described the status quo as one where people who get health coverage from government programs like Medicare and Medicaid, and people who are eligible for subsidies under the Affordable Care Act, are well-covered ― but where people who earn too much for financial assistance can face high premiums:

More details at link.

Don't you just know it....0.35 seconds of a 36.00 minute speech
the reason why I post the full speech from Flint.

Start at the 25.00 minute section.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Im hoping you saw that in what i was purveying? Phone typing is never perfect. But a public option would take care of everyone and produce incredible results.

Single payer im leary. Honestly im apolitical, its just i seek balance, presently we need a massive return to the center
edit on 4-10-2016 by BlueJacket because: sp

edit on 4-10-2016 by BlueJacket because: sp

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

Now wait a second. You know it's election season, right? We can't have things like "context" and "facts" get in the way of a good story, can we? Now everybody, let's speculate on how the original 35sec clip alludes to Obamacare possibly starting WW3! (- suddenly realizes I've been mutating into a true politician -)

In all seriousness, I just watched the clip (starts at 25:41). Yeah, he's talking about adding some kind of buy-in option. But it's only for people that make too much for Medicaid, aren't on Medicare, and don't qualify for the current health care subsidies. He didn't mention anything about the States who refused to expand Medicaid or their State run health care systems for the poor, so I'm guessing that part of the current system won't change. Meh, just some tweaks.

edit on 4-10-2016 by enlightenedservant because: clarified. after watching that part a second time, it's not a medicare or medicaid buy in option. it's a vague buy-in option

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac
Probably a primer to the new and improved clinton-care, coming your way soon.

Clinton Care, where all money is funneled directly through the Clinton Foundation. 1% goes to healthcare, 90% administrative fees, 9% euthanasia assistance. 9 out of 10 people go directly to the death camps.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Soros school of business. Create a problem then sell the solution. He is their mentor after all.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

But wait...the OP is more than correct for many like me....who has a subsidy.....with premiums still higher than pre-ACA and deductibles that were less than $500.00 [five hundred]....now up to $6350.00.
There is thousands if not millions like me....many of whom have opted to pay the penalty for faux insurance.

With any luck, Hillary won't dismantle/ruin Medicare before I can sign onto that!!!!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Boy, I wish there was more than just this snippet so we could get the full context...

Oh, wait! There is!

That quotation, while accurate, doesn’t fully portray Bill Clinton’s argument for keeping the Affordable Care Act ― which has extended health coverage to 20 million people and cut the uninsured rate to a historic low ― and enhancing it with policies proposed by Hillary Clinton’s campaign.

Bill Clinton accurately described the status quo as one where people who get health coverage from government programs like Medicare and Medicaid, and people who are eligible for subsidies under the Affordable Care Act, are well-covered ― but where people who earn too much for financial assistance can face high premiums:

More details at link.

I trust HuffPo to tell the truth like so many people trust Fox.

Truth is, that if you earn too much to get the subsidies, you are screwed. And even if you do qualify for much of the subsidies, for many people, it still takes more out of your pocket than it did before ACA was enacted.

Overall, ACA is anything but affordable for most people, less than 10% of the populous have joined into it, and providers are pulling out of it because the things the Democrats promised would happen, haven't.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Realtruth

originally posted by: lordcomac
Probably a primer to the new and improved clinton-care, coming your way soon.

It's funny how these parties create the problem, then become heroes when they come up with a solution. smh

Ding ding ding..............We have a winner.........congratulation

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Oh, wait! There is!

More details at link.

"Liberalism, unchecked, always implodes upon itself because it's policies are unstainable" - Rush Limbaugh

Can't you for once just admit that you were wrong to support Obamacare on ATS for 7 years and 1,980,865 ATS threads critical of the law?

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant
a reply to: smurfy

Now wait a second. You know it's election season, right? We can't have things like "context" and "facts" get in the way of a good story, can we? Now everybody, let's speculate on how the original 35sec clip alludes to Obamacare possibly starting WW3! (- suddenly realizes I've been mutating into a true politician -)

In all seriousness, I just watched the clip (starts at 25:41). Yeah, he's talking about adding some kind of buy-in option. But it's only for people that make too much for Medicaid, aren't on Medicare, and don't qualify for the current health care subsidies. He didn't mention anything about the States who refused to expand Medicaid or their State run health care systems for the poor, so I'm guessing that part of the current system won't change. Meh, just some tweaks.

That's something that needs to be enlarged on, there is too much fecking about with medical because it is expensive, and has to said, is exclusive to a very few groups almost akin to a perfect monopoly with a curveball that's not so curvy as far as the ways and means are, compared to other kinds of monopoly, franchise whatever, and drugs and medical equipment companies are just as sleazy in targeting the market, as military manufacturing, another serious money spinner.
Here in the UK we pay for it all in our taxes, but still there is a cut off point in entitlements similar to that in the US, which is usually based in another reality of what you need to live on, and usually kicks the shiite out of the, ' lower middle class' (not medical aid up to a point) but other governmental acquiescence bias that an individual has no control over, other than say yes or no.
Some of those things were getting steadily better in the EU....but that's another story now.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

But wait...the OP is more than correct for many like me....who has a subsidy.....with premiums still higher than pre-ACA and deductibles that were less than $500.00 [five hundred]....now up to $6350.00.
There is thousands if not millions like me....many of whom have opted to pay the penalty for faux insurance.

With any luck, Hillary won't dismantle/ruin Medicare before I can sign onto that!!!!!!!!!

Let's hope because that is one program that actually works. My deductible now is 10k now and my insurance coverage is what used to be considered catastrophic pre-ACA. It's such a damn joke.

I will not defend people that make millions doing speeches in a single day, while still holding public office, and also compromising US security.

These types of people have nothing in common with us grunts.

A prerequisite for becoming and being president of the USA should be 2 months of common labor, in a trade, or working on a farm. A little hard work would humble those A-hole's out that live in a plastic bubble.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Single payer, not for profit ..only way it has a chance to work.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove

Soros school of business. Create a problem then sell the solution. He is their mentor after all.

Just for the record, that's the modus operandi for many different organizations. Sell poison with one hand while selling the cure with the other hand. The same institutional investors who profit from harmful things like tobacco, alcohol, and obesity-causing diets also profit off of the health care industry & pharmaceutical companies.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Here is a great study that shows what a Single-Payer Government owned/operated medical system in America would cost.

Study: decisiondata.org...

The bottom line is that the cost to American citizens in new taxes would be $562 Billion, or $4,600 a year more in taxes to Uncle Sam.

If your health insurance is partially or totally paid by your employer, it would be up to that employer to decide if he would grant you a pay-raise to cover all or part of the increased tax burden.

If you buy your own health insurance, you'd trade in your $5,000 a year premium, for $4,600 more in taxes.

In both cases, if your income is under a certain threshold, you'll not pay the full $4,600 tax increase..or any of it, if your income is low enough. (Today, it would be under $16,200, if "single payer" was enacted.)

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Interesting.
Problem I see is for people who make $16,201 to say $35,000.....they get socked for that whole hit of $4600....or do they just stop eating and start living on the street?

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Oh, wait! There is!

Bill Clinton accurately described the status quo as one where people who get health coverage from government programs like Medicare and Medicaid, and people who are eligible for subsidies under the Affordable Care Act, are well-covered ― but where people who earn too much for financial assistance can face high premiums

Yes, he DID say it doesn't work and for exactly the reason above. It's completely IN CONTEXT. I don't see how you could spin this any other way. It was claimed this would be the case before Obamacare was implemented and touted by many throughout it's life to date. So far, the claim hasn't been wrong. Adding an accurate synonym isn't spinning the context, it's simply clarifying the very simple message. IT DOESN'T WORK.

What we will get in version ACA2 will cost even more. The snowball of expensive premiums and medical coverage for health care coverage will give us all heart attacks.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
If you listen carefully, they are setting up trying to introduce single payer.

Now these same liberals will turn around and basically admit it was a failure and that the only solution is yet more government. Of course, the sheeple liberals have forgotten by now that the issues were created by the very party that they are voting for.

That was likely the intent of it all along. Once they realized that they weren't going to get single payer, they designed this travesty to eventually fail so that they might come back in a few years and try once again to get what they really wanted in the first place. Lucky for them, rather than question their motivations, tactics and honesty, their voting base will fall right in line like the good little worker bee drones that they are.

posted on Oct, 10 2016 @ 10:07 PM
link   
October 10, 2016

Up to 1 million Americans are involuntarily losing their health insurance coverage on December 31st. They don't know it yet. The Obama Administration knows who and how many, but is keeping this information hidden, until after the election.

But around November 9th, each person losing their coverage will start receiving notices from Uncle Sam. If they don't choose a replacement plan, the Government will assign them to a new Company and/or plan, for 2017.

Source: www.forbes.com... 90a03945

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Single payer will be worse then obamacare.

The democrats will use it as a slush fund and the program you will get will be a type like the VA healthcare system but unlike the VA single payer will have little or no over-site.

Then the democrats will claim there is no longer a reason for the VA healthcare system just like the UK Canada and Australia did away with there veterans health care system.
www.gpo.gov...

This will leave veterans with having to deal with long lines at regular hospitals and doctors that do not understand veterans health problems and how to treat them.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join