It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where Did Satan Come From?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: MamaJ

It's my opinion "satan" or "devil" the duality of God

Excellent remark!

I would like to add, in extension, the duality of Man. God is in the mirror.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Again I'd disagree. I'm a scientist too remember. Standard temperature is in many ways an vague theoretical thing, as you are almost never at that temperature, and other temperatures exist.

Ok moving on.

As a Hard Polytheist. I beleive all gods are real. None are supreme (sorry to those who felt their deity, or deities are special, they are, but not like that). My déithe adhartha (gods of worship) are many of the pre-Christian Irish deities (members of the Tuatha de Dannan) oh and the modern deity Caffeina.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

No really
Best answer in the thread
Though his victory could be debated, the game is not over yet. My money is on Caffeina.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Basically OP.

You can't have the good without the bad.

Satan is part of God and both employ the idea of law and order in the universe, so to speak, it's nether being bad or good but understanding nature is a bitch, all things must fall as it has risen.

Remember (as you know), good things happen to bad people and visa versa, wasn't Satan or God but our actions/choices that makes us who we are.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

It's my opinion "satan" or "devil" the duality of God

Excellent remark!

I would like to add, in extension, the duality of Man. God is in the mirror.

Thanks! I agree.. We are in the image but the image we see in the mirror is self ( serpent/duality/desire) .. not the real image we have long forgotten which is God within.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Noinden

I remember.

As a scientist in this material world you cannot explain the imaginary from that pov, although science is trying.

Hopefully.. One day..

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   

What I mean by god is in the mirror is that we have the ability to shape ourselves to how we perceive. For good bad or ill, it's all within our control. We are the gods of our individual universe.

I guess the hole in that scenario would be delusion...but I digress.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   

As a polytheist I see all the gods I can measure .... though some find that rude, and I focus on their eyes....

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Noinden
a reply to: Mianeye

Also where did Jehovah come from? Because that is an important question as well.

"El" short for Elohim or "Yahweh"

In Hebrew this is the name for "God" .. " אלוהים"

Many names... same one.
edit on 4-10-2016 by MamaJ because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

I guess the hole in that scenario would be delusion

Or .. an illusion of the image. Light only shows us what it wants us to see.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: MamaJ
a reply to: sputniksteve

I wrote God like that because I was speaking on behalf of Judaism. I guess a respect thing even though Im not jewish.

Again not trying to derail or go off topic. If you want to reply in u2u it's probably best but I didn't want to reply to you there and not have you know what I am talking about.

Who are you being respectful to by typing G-d instead of God? Is it just Jewish people or God itself? It seems that either way it is irrelevant.

I am not trying to pick at you or cause an argument, I just don't understand it personally. I have seen others do that and I never took the opportunity to ask why. It seems to be not necessary considering what I think you have expressed you find as truth, and seems like unnecessary placation which confuses me.

Quite possible I am just seeing it as something it isn't. Which makes me think this will be seen as something it isn't, so I hope you don't think I am trying to F with you. I truly am not I am just curious.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 06:22 PM
link   

As a polytheist I see all the gods I can measure .... though some find that rude, and I focus on their eyes....

haha. Ok.. tell them I said hey when you commence to measuring.

I am not sure about Celtic Gods or folklore but will look into it.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Eh sorry for the aside that is to come folks.

"Celtic" is not a great place to start. Go to Irish/Gaelic, Welsh/Cymric, Gaulish, etc Celt is like saying "English speaking", it tells you very little about the culture. SO there is no "Celtic pantheon" while there is sort of an Irish one.

/end aside.

The IRish gods are not puritanical, one wanders around with his shlong hanging out (An Dagda (the Dagda)) after a meal.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Quite possible I am just seeing it as something it isn't. Which makes me think this will be seen as something it isn't, so I hope you don't think I am trying to F with you. I truly am not I am just curious.

I don't think you are trying to f with me.

If you have noticed with other posts I spell out GOD.. I could care less and only reason why I did is because I was speaking on behalf of Judaism and that is what they do. Nothing more or less.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Noinden

I started with Danu then went into Irish Mythology?

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Oooo Danu is a poor place to start, she is a poorly attested Goddess in the myths. She has one or two mentions in the entire mythic cycle. What we do know of her is An Morrigan is a title she held (or at least is one of the holders). But it is a place to begin. Most of Danu's stuff out there is well new age fluff sadly.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Eh sorry for the aside that is to come folks.

"Celtic" is not a great place to start. Go to Irish/Gaelic, Welsh/Cymric, Gaulish, etc Celt is like saying "English speaking", it tells you very little about the culture. SO there is no "Celtic pantheon" while there is sort of an Irish one.

/end aside.

The IRish gods are not puritanical, one wanders around with his shlong hanging out (An Dagda (the Dagda)) after a meal.

True, also Irish have in part a Sumerian aspect of having Enki and Enlil Gods as part of the culture on the Hill of Tara, alongside the kings of that time, one part is Jesus may have been there.

Not sure if any part is true or folklore/myth etc, but the place does exist in Ireland.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: MamaJ

I don't think you are trying to f with me.

If you have noticed with other posts I spell out GOD.. I could care less and only reason why I did is because I was speaking on behalf of Judaism and that is what they do. Nothing more or less.

Now I see thank you much. I am terribly sorry to go ask in the middle of your conversations guys I apologize. Sometimes I am slow to get things.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Isaiah 45
7 I form the light and create darkness, I bring prosperity and create disaster; I, the LORD, do all these things.

According to the bible he came from God. Satan is not a character or individual, it is a concept that represents the negative parts of the universal experience such as greed, hate, murder, lying, pain, sadness, etc., those who set up the Abrahamic religions anthropomorphized those qualities into a character called Satan in order to capitalize off of the fear it creates within people.

So in reality it (Satan) comes from within ourselves but biblically it comes from the Abrahamic God. Even though he 'cannot look upon sin' he created it from his very own essence which doesn't make much sense IMO.
edit on 10/4/2016 by LumenImagoDei because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: DarkvsLight29

Oh they do do they? Sorry that is a modern (well post Christian) insert. So yeah there is a place but what happened is the monks Christianized the story. There is also a story of a King of Ireland dropping dead in anger when he heard "the son of God had been killed" ... how he heard that (he was supposed to be around at the time Jesus died) is up in the air.

So when looking at myths, if it matters to someone, you have to notice modern inserts.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join