It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sigil magic

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I join here just to tell you that it works but you have to be careful. One time I used it and accidentally ended up in a relationship for a couple years, trying to show somebody else how to do it to get the girl they wanted, but I went through the motions not thinking, and wham. You always get what you ask for, but it is so specific, it is like you have to be careful what you wish for. You can be in prison and make a sigil for freedom and want to be free and bam, then you die, which I giess then you're "free", right?

My advice is to use it sparingly, and my experience is the more I show other people about it, the stronger it becomes, and the more you focus a particular one the stronger it becomes, older ones I have made still have immense power and cause strange effects, Have fun.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: JackKcaj

Yah know I am seeing a lot of people who suddenly pop up to "warn people" that it is "dangerous". You do this through a single anecdote. Well I refute your anecdote with one of my own (like for like). I've been doing things that some would call "the occult" for over 25 years, and guess what. None of what happened to you. It is clear you don't understand what a sigil is. Because you'd be telling the same story about a prayer if you did.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Noinden

you explain the ritual, i also have a ritual each morning..

I eat, i s#, i make my bed and take a shower..

Its not the practice of making a sigil.. There is a universal doctrine to sigils, and then there is your own.. Which also got people killed..

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 05:20 PM
link   

My point was to find out for myself and
inform others who are also
unfamiliar with what Sigil Magic is

I just typed in Sigil Magic .... lots of links

edit on 4-10-2016 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: artistpoet

I was actually curious as to where you'd cut and paste from. And yeah the OP should probably have explained for the unknowing what a sigil is.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: tikbalang

Lots of things gets people killed. Cite or I'm not beleiving you neighbour.

All things have a ritual. My lab proceedures are rituals (sometimes the ritual of not blowing the fume hood up). My spiritual practices have rituals. So what?

I explained A ritual of how to do it, because I was asked. I did not share my personal practices. Because guess what they are personal. You make it seem as if there is a single way to do everything. Again I'm a polytheist. If you don't get what that means... here is a hint. There is no universal doctrine of anything. Simply probabilities.

So you can try to interrogate me all you like. You are picking the wrong person to try that with how ever.

link   

Oh ok ... I just copy pasted from the top of this google page

www.google.co.uk...

link   
Are sigils all extant or can one be defined by the user and still function?

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

It would depend on whom you ask. I know Kabbalahistic practitioners who make them, I know fellow Neopagans who do what they consider a form of Alchemy who use them too. There are some of us (Neopagans, and other occultists) who dabble. But beyond this? Its a matter of belief over if they still function or not (especially after the death of the maker).

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: artistpoet

Ok, it was the Wikipedia (not a judgement, I'm not that elitist about citations, honest) cheers.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   

In life we have basic needs, thats it.. Nothing complicated, life is simple, there is a purpose to everything.. Just cause society lets everyone have their own little imaginary world doesnt mean people should change a universal tale to subjective imagination of their own experience.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   

I didn't say it was dangerous. Just saying to be careful because you get exactly what you ask for and people often times are unaware of how to make a proper sigil.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   

You are getting somewhat off of topic neighbour. I am still waiting on the citation of "sigils getting people killed". You are talking about a belief, and a belief is a gnosis, either unprovable personal or unprovable shared gnosis. A gnosis is a form of knowledge which can not be proven, thus it is a matter of imagination. Thus your opinion is just your (and a few others perhaps) imaginary worlds. It is certainly not eidien (intellectual knowledge supported by data).

Thank you for playing, but you need to do better than throw dogma at me neighbor. It seems you are very Abrahamic or at leat monotheistic in your views. I could be wrong, perhaps you are henotheistic, and blinkered.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: JackKcaj

That is living life Jack (? one assumes that is your name from your username). We should always use caution when asking for things. Cu Cuchulain asked for fame and fortune, and the Morrigan gave it to him ... he also died young.

The good thing about sigils, is most people just don't ever activate them. IF you do, well you should have worked out your will much more clearly.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   

edit on 4/10/2016 by chris_stibrany because:

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Yeah I make sure the activation is important. I like to burn them to activate them now, it is easy, but I've also eaten them and other things. Different sigils, different ways of activating.

One thing I wondered with sigils, and I'm nowhere near as experiences as you, is, how long does it usually take you to come up with a sigil? Some stuff I sit there and come up with a few rough ideas before finalizing it and that makes it difficult sometimes later when I try to think back through them, I end up remembering the deformed earlier version X_X lol. Try not to do that in the future and I try to make mine as simple as possible and unlike any other current symbol/sigil I already know to avoid any kind of cross contamination.

If I told you all my experiences of sigils, I don't know what it is, but the # always works really fast for me and very accurate. I read somewhere that powerful wizards crack their backs a lot, and my back always needs to be cracked and I do a type of automatic cracking of my back all day/night for many years now. Wonder if it is related, and the whole kundalini energy thing. Something to consider, I am not sure where I read the wizards + back cracking thing, wish I could.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: chris_stibrany

The thing about any form of magic .... you still have to work (at least a little) to get results. Its why many people think you light a candle, mumble a silly spell, and .... nothing, wtf? As opposed to crafting something, working for it, etc

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Lets do the lowest form of sigils, where it includes alchemy and botany.. The reason sigil came was cause there wasnt a basic script language or numbers, it was like painting a picture with symbols.. If someone was to make a potion with herbs, and the formula was wrong, people died.. Doing the ritual with some magnesium to enhance the placebo effect was really s#.

I see your sigil magic the same as the con artists selling potions in the wild west..

Either you know what you are doing, or you are doing comfortable routines..

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
I used sigil magic to attract an exotic Asian beauty. I barely made it out of that relationship alive.

Be careful what you wish for.

Was it form of a dollar sign =D

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Kid this is not a wang measuring contest.

(a) I'm a pharmaceutical chemist. I make experimental drugs for a living. Your analogy is not apt.
(b)All you are doing is trying to establish your "superiority" to me, and others here. Again, wrong person to try that with. I don't play those games.
(c) I've been a practicing occultist, drawing from several cultures for over 25 years. I know what I know. I'm not about to share that in open channel. You and your kind are one reason for this.

Run along, you are welcome to your attempts to seem important, as well you seem to need that.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join